Crowley, Texas

RECDIRECT IS TERRIBLEI must caution everyone against buying the Prozone Salt System for your spa.Recdirect pushes this on you as a one stop shopping system for eliminating chemicals in your spa.

FALSE, FALSE, FALSE. Recdirect misleads this product not only in the show room but during tech support calls as well. The Prozone manual (you have to go get that yourself) directs you to put a certain amount of salt in your tub based on total gallons, while Recdirect tells you to use half. Either way, this system caused major rust, yes I said rust, issues around my jets and with the heating unit.

The heater rusted so badly that it had to be replaced. You should also know that trying to balance spa water with a salt system is next to impossible. In the first 5 months of owning my tub I have drained and refilled 6 times, replaced the filters every time, took multiple trips to the pool store for water tests....hundreds of dollars, all to end up with a hot tub being degraded/corroded by salt. Now, I have to purge the tub, drain, and refill and start from scratch yet again but only after I paid a tub repair man to DISCONNECT THE CRAPPY SALT SYSTEM.

I might add that you will struggle to find someone to service your tub if you use salt; the professionals just don't like doing it because they don't have the time that it takes to keep it balanced. I would also like to add that when I called in to complain about the rusted/corroded heating element I was told there is now available a "titanium" (ti) heater....it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that they've obviously had issues and are now using ti. An upstanding company would have put out a recall and provided an appropriate heater. You should also know that the Recdirect salesman is MIA after the sale is made.

He never calls back and even went as far as yelling at me over the phone when I mentioned the ti heater. I would never use this company again. It's a shame because the tub really is a good tub for the most part, but I would have preferred to pay top dollar for a Coleman just to avoid having to work with this salesman ever again. Oh, almost forgot to tell you that I think a 5 year old wrote their maintenance manual....poorly organized, zero information on integration of a salt system, type-o's, just an all around horrible document; sent to you on a *** CD.

What, they can't print a decent manual?RUN, RUN, RUN away from Recdirect and spend your hard earned money on a reputable company that produces a quality product, treats the customer with dignity and respect and provides robust manuals/instructions.

Review about: Tranquility Series G12.

1.4
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Prozone Filtration System
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Rec Direct?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.