Saint Paul, Minnesota

I originally wrote a google online review on November 1st about this company. It was mildly negative. Not the worst experience ever, but a very high price for what they offer, and more importantly - very high pressure sales tactics.

Before i posted that review, the company had about 8 reviews - all written before July of 2010. Miraculously, 3 more amazingly positive reviews popped up within 48 hours of my review. This seemed odd, and i realized the net effect of it was to bump my negative review off the main place page when someone views it. So, i deleted it and reposted it on November 5, 2010. Again, amazingly - a number of fantastic reviews appeared in the ensuing 48 hours ,again, knocking my review off the main page - including one that specifically says "definately not high pressure."

So, before i wrote my review, there were zero reviews in almost four months. Since i wrote my review, 5 super-positive reviews in five days! I posted an update pointing this out, and now once again - reviews have been re-written to appear chronologically after mine - so again, my review is not visibile on the main page.

It is obvious that the company (employees or owners) are simply posting positive reviews about their own company.

This is sad.

What's also disappointing is the Google allows this.

It makes reviews worthless. Anyway, i pledge to keep my review on the place page. If the company keeps posting phony reviews, i will also post new reviews that keep my original post on the place page.

Shame on you rebath

Update: today - there is a post from the owner (Carl) basically casting doubt on my review by implying i must be a competitor since i checked on the status of my review! Seriously?

He also invited me to contact him to discuss my experience. That is reasonable. I will decline that offer though. The entire point about online reviews is to be able to offer them without having to invest more time speaking with the company. This company now has 14 positive reviews on google (all apparently written by the company itself) and my one lone negative review. And at the start - it wasn't even that negative; i just pointed out that the sales tactics were too high pressured. Maybe Rebath could simply acknowledge this feedback and pledge to work on fixing that instead of waging a campaign to elimiinate any negative feedback. Such actions generate more negative feedback....

Comments

#209701

No one reads reviews without a grain of salt. At best they are one person's opinion. What is notable is that someone who does not feel secure in what they are doing would respond. I would be proud of the fact that my product sells for a superior price over another company. BUT Rebath responce show that ever they feel it is a rip-off.

If you want to bump someone down the page then do like Rebath

and put a lot of lines

between sentences.

#209388

You have stated,"i just pointed out that the sales tactics were too high pressured. Maybe Rebath could simply acknowledge this feedback and pledge to work on fixing that"

Isn't that what is in my original post an apologoy and an offer to fix it? Yet, you declined the offer to talk about your experience? Again, this looks you are a competitor and not a real consumer. My offer still stands, so we can better our company please call me so we can discuss your situation.

Carl

#209380

To: High Pressure + Phony Reviews,‎‎ Response from the owner: To: High Pressure + Phony Reviews, We are sorry if you had a bad experience with our company please call our office and have the office manager give you my cell phone number so we can make sure you are happy. We don't tolerate high pressure sales tactics and I would like to speak with you about this experience.

We have 100's of satisfied customers and our goal is to get them all to post on Google. Unfortunately, consumers won't be able to read your original review because you keep edititing it to keep it at the top. If you indeed had a bad experience with our company then I apologize. My concern is you are a competitor as the information in your original post was inaccurate, so at first I thought you had the wrong company.

However, once we asked a few customers to post their experience you edited your post to go above their post? How many customers would check back on their reviews and then edited it to get back on top? A competitor? Our goal is to ...‎ More »

We don't tolerate high pressure sales tactics and I would like to speak with you about this experience. We have 100's of satisfied customers and our goal is to get them all to post on Google. Unfortunately, consumers won't be able to read your original review because you keep edititing it to keep it at the top. If you indeed had a bad experience with our company then I apologize.

My concern is you are a competitor as the information in your original post was inaccurate, so at first I thought you had the wrong company. However, once we asked a few customers to post their experience you edited your post to go above their post? How many customers would check back on their reviews and then edited it to get back on top? A competitor?

Our goal is to get all of customers to post their experience on here as we are making a push to maintain our online reputation. Like I said we have 100's and we extend an invitation to any potential customer to call as many references as they need to make an informed decision. As the days and weeks go on we hope to have 100's and 100's of positive reviews.

I would ask that you don't make false statements about reviews as I had mentioned we are asking all of our previous customers to post their experience. Sincerely Carl