Rebath of Central Florida, owned by Richard Sasto, sold to another individual in a asset sale only. Richard Sasto, franchise owner of Rebath of Central Florida, walked away from paying his companies debts after the sale.

Thousands of Dollars in materials purchased and supplied to customers homes was never paid for. Richard Sasto owns another Rebath Franchise in Long Island, New York. People should be made aware that He may not pay for materials in New York and customers could have liens placed on there homes by suppliers and workers. Rebath of Central Florida, stiffed one of his former employees with default judgement in the amound of $18,500.00 plus court cost, and attorney fees. The employee was kind enough to sign a credit application for Richard Sasto, since Richard Sasto was a absentee owner. The debt is due to Scripps Publication, parent company for Florida Today Newspaper. Richard Sasto took the profit from the sale of the Rebath of Central Florida sale and skipped out on this debt and thousands of dollars more. Rebath has a very bad reputation of doing this type of thing ikt is all over the internet. And there installations are of poor quality.

Again you can see it all over the internet. This guy Richard Sasto still qualifies Rebath of Mid Florida with his Master Plumbing license and the person harmed by the debt is seeking that the State of Florida revoke Richard Sastos Master Plumbing License in the State of Florida. Rebath Corporate knows of this debt problem and states, ITS NOT OUR PROBLEM.

Yet Richard Sasto is a Rebath Franchise Holder still in Long Island New York.

Richard Sasto should be made to pay off this debt or have his New York franchise taken away. What kind of Franchise owners are you allowing Dave Sanders? Force Richard Sasto to pay the debt.

Comments

#197879

I have to say, that this is the norm. i worked for a Rebath Franchise is Orlando Florida, and the guy who owned the franchise at the time, lived in New York and the only reason he bought the Orlando Franchise was to be able to Play Golf, and His operation of the Franchise proved it.

Rebath corporate sells franchise's to people who, "HAVE THE MONEY" they don't care about experience in the plumbing industry or the remodeling industry. The orlando Franchise that I worked for was sold to a guy that is in the business of buying into franchise's. He owns a Battery Plus franchise and a Aaron's Rents Furniture franchise, what the heck where is the Plumbing experience.....there is none.

Thats why all the complaints on the internet.

That's why Re Bath installations SUCK"

I now have opened my own acrylic bathroom remodeling company in Orlando and I charge fair price's and guess what "I HAVE PLU BING AND REMODELING EXPERIENCE" and a good reputation. You dont have to use me, just don't use Rebath....They Suck!!!!!

COMPLAINT: Nancy Wuerth, Gulfport, Fla.

"I hired Re-Bath of Tampa Bay to re-do my shower, tile the floor and change out fixtures. When I signed the contract, they stated I had a broken shower pan and the shower leaked.

"After this meeting, I gave them $3,200. They were to return eight weeks later to begin. I had three business days to change my mind. Four business days after the contract expired, I found mold and discovered the problem was not a leaky shower, but rather a leaky roof.

"I assumed Re-Bath would be understanding and contacted them. They kept saying they would try to contact the owner. For some reason, they could never locate him.

"I got in touch with the owner myself about a week later. He told me he would review my contract and get back to me the next day. He never did. I called four days later, and they stated they were going to keep half of my down payment as a penalty.

"I contacted consumer protection, and Re-Bath told me they would refund all but $888. After that, consumer protection closed the case and I haven't heard from anyone since.

"Re-Bath told me I had a broken shower pan when I didn't, then wouldn't let me out of the contract without a penalty.

"I've had mold experts in here, and it was proven that I had a mold problem due to a roof leak. I have all my phone records to prove that I called Re-Bath to cancel on Sept. 15, 17, 23, and 24."

DESIRED RESOLUTION: "I would appreciate a full refund. I can't afford to give them $888 when they lied to me about my shower leaking."

RESPONSE: James F. Bennett, CEO, Re-Bath of Tampa Bay

"She signed a contract with our company on Sept 3. Our records indicate she called us Sept. 21 and spoke with Matt Konway.

"She explained that she had lost her job, her insurance company was not going to cover her leaking shower pan, and she needed to cancel her contract.

"Matt stated that it was well beyond the three-day rescission period and he would have to pass her file to the owner, who then reviews her request.

"I spoke to her three days later and informed her that I would review her file and get back to her no later than Sept. 27 with a decision regarding any refund. She called the company three times over the remainder of the business day with threats and demanding a full refund.

"Four days later, I spoke to her and informed her that even though she was beyond the rescission period, the company decided in good faith to refund her $2,140, which reflects a 25 percent restock/processing fee on Re-Bath materials only.

"Our contract clearly states that any contracts allowed to be canceled after the rescission period would be subject to a minimum 20 percent restock fee. Her job materials were already processed and received at this point, which constituted the additional five percent.

"In closing, in the nine years I have owned this company we have encountered folks with hardship and have always listened with consideration. The company's response is that it will offer a refund to her in the amount of $2,362, which equates to our minimum restock fee of 20 percent.

"We state her accusations to be slanderous and false."

It is truly mind boggling how many complaints there are on the internet regarding Re-Bath.

Even more staggering is how many of those complaints share the same basic complaints of overcharging, rude and abrasive franchise operators, materials installed that don’t match the samples and descriptions of what was sold, the term Bait & Switch is commonly used, lack of response once the first chunk of money was handed over… You see the point.

As well as many complaints of the same handful of people at the corporate office not helping customers who have had these problems.

Our case is interesting in the way the original (not properly licensed) Re-Bath contractor we unfortunately hired has continued to harass us even when we let the blog go dormant. Amazingly he is still threatening us two years and nine months after the job was supposed to have been finished.

We have to ask, what could possibly make this guy so vindictive to his customers (victims?)?. How many others is he doing this to?

We invite everyone who has had a bad Re-Bath experience, especially one with the Re-Bath of Ca located in Signal Hill/Long Beach Ca to comment in our blog. We are very curious to find out if he has chosen us specifically, or if we are just one of many that are being treated this way by him.

In the mean time we found even more complaints so we again are wondering why he has taken this old (we thought it was over and done with) problem to this degree?

After all, he sued us before finishing the job or fulfilling the contract (and lost) but we did not win anything and he kept the payment we made for his unfinished *** work.

Everyone was a loser, but we lost worse.

Hire a Lawyer. Sue this guy!

I just received in the mail from the Martin County Courthouse the Final Judgment for Double R Remodeling D/B/A REBATH OF CENTRAL FLORIDA, Also naming me as the other responsible party for a $21,000.00 debt that

Richard Sasto did not pay to Scripps Publication, parent co of Florida Today Newspaper for Advetising. I am just the employee who happened to sign the contract in good faith. Richard Sasto should be made to Pay this bill by Rebath Corporate.

I am now going to the State of Florida as they requested a copy of the Judgement to have Richard Sastos Master Plumbing License Revoked for cause as per Florida Law.

Aimee,

How much do they pay you to be the go between.

How do you stand it. Its all so true. You can't do bathrooms right overnight. It takes years and years of experience. Rebath lets anybody be a franchise. Dollars talk!!!

and customers suffer. Re-bath Def: do it again, and again, and again, and oh yeah don't forget the North Carolina overage charge, wait that was pushed under the table, sorry I wasn't suppose to mention that Tim and Jay. oops!

Aimee, your so helpful! still waiting for your response. Whats the matter, can't stand the TRUTH.

How about stepping up to the plate for this

poor guy! Have Dave Sanders, President of Rebath make

Richard Sasto pay the debt he owes. This poor guy did get vent over by

Rebath like so Many other people.