Sunnyvale, California
1.2K views

I got liners installed from Re-Bath Systems of Long Island in 2001 with a lifetime warranty. One of these liners has been pulling away from the tub since last year and looks horrible. A service person came out in November of 2008 and basically caulked the drain to try and fix it.

In June of this year I saw the liner pulling away from the tub again. I called repeatedly to have someone come out and look at it. Finally someone came out in July to see it and immediately said, "The liner needs to be replaced!").

Well since then it's been one excuse after another as to why my LIFETIME warranty suddenly isn't valid and why they won't replace the liner. I even called their corporate office in Arizona in an attempt to fix this. They were as bad as the local franchise!

They claimed I never paid the remaining $200 balance back in 2001! I faxed proof and then radio silence from them as well.

Then they claimed they gave me a 5-year-warranty back in 2001! Um, wrong again. I had a copy of the actual LIFETIME warranty that I also faxed and mailed over to the local franchise. Again, no response.

I have recently filed complaints with both the BBB and Attorney General's office in both NY and AZ. DO NOT do business with this company, unless you want to be stuck with a rotting, useless liner in a few years.

And here's the kicker: This company is STILL advertising the lifetime warranty they refuse to honor!!

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]

Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ***. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.

Truth to the matter is, Rebath is a Franchised name...Each "Rebath" is privately owned. Its up to the private owner to determine its warranty. Also each state, has a determined number of years to be deemed "lifetime." Average " Lifetime" is seven years.

Truth is most warranty issues stem from improper cleaning of caulk around the system and the caulk falls apart and allows the liner to pull from the wall allowing water.

Now my company tries to stay away from liners and stick with complete tear out replacement almost 100 percent failure free in the past 2 years.

However if you want an issue resolved contact The home office in Arizona! They will get it done for you. I am in charge of warranty for former rebath dealers and I always and have successfully redone former wall systems.

@Installer

I just signed up for rebath in my shower. It is expensive but I like the product however I am reading all of these negative reviews and it is making me nervous. How do I insure that I don’t get ripped off?

AnonomyoUS

Hello Deb, I left a comment on the new thread you started, but in case you don’t see it there, I wanted to leave one here as well. I’d like to help. Please contact me at awilliams [@]rebath.com or 480-844-1575.

linvilledeb

Well- the person whom said they only offered 5 year warranties in 2001 in quite mistaken!

I had my re-bath installed in 2000, with the original receipt and 'lifetime warranty' still in my possession.

The warranty is meaningless!! Good Luck!

#120649

"T" if you were around at that time then you would also know that Rebath dealers could write any warranty term they wanted as they can still do today on anything they wanted. Just, ask the home office about the warranty on a shower door.

The Rebath warranty doesnt cover labor etc etc or anything except the bathtub walls. It is just a sham to trick the consumer. In fact, the reason why the warranty is NOT transferable as I was told is they dont except the consumer to live in the home but for a few years.

Another way for them to get out of their obilgation and screw the consumer. Shocking what a couple of beers and a good hear can pick up.

#120458

I can tell you for a fact that back in 2001 ReBath did not have Life Time Warranties. They only had the 5 year. So I hate to say it but what you are saying is impossible.

We just received a call from the rebath office that our toilet (which they broke on installation and has been reordered 3 times) has been reordered and will arrive in two to six weeks. This remodel was started the Monday after Thanksgiving.

One of the installers put screws in our shower that started rusting almost immediately instead of the stainless steel ones. I guess he was too lazy to go to the store and buy stainless steel. He also threw waste outside our fence which splashed on our block wall fence. It has yet to be cleaned up.

Not very professional. I certainly can't recommend this company to anyone.

This is being written on Jan. 19 with two to six weeks waiting ahead of us.

:grin Re Bath will warranty the system. Contacting the AZ office is the only way to aleviate the issue if the local franchise will not take care of the problem.

I have been doing these installs for years and we have alwys remedied the issues from the very few customers that have problems.

This is an individual franchise issue not the whole company. Not everyone out there is out to get you.

I agree, I am in California and for the last 18 months have had nothing but problems with the Signal Hill,Ca. franchise.

They were weeks late with the install, and very quickly the liner start to pull away from the old tub. I had to contact them 4 times to get a response and they have the nerve to want to charge for a service call! These guys are nuts! They never installed the liner properly to start with.

I am filing with the State of Calif. contractors board, BBB and appears we are headed to court to get my money back.

Suggest you check out your local franchise very carefully before having any work done.