Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

rebath installed shower over year ago. found out shower door is not re bath door.

been trying to get them to replace it for over 1 year. customer service has never answered the phone. over one hundred calls and always hear "leave a message, your call very important to us" bull. I left message that I will look to sue if no total refund.

aimee is the worst customer service rep in business history. always at lunch. must weigh about 350 lbs by now.

Aimee, you are a disgrace. I want a total refund sent express mail and in my mailbox on 3-5-2011

Comments

ReBath turned my bathroom into a mold infested mess. The Franchise went belly up and ReBath national won't stand behind their warranty.

I'm out about twelve thousand dollars. A small amount when trying to sue a large company with fat cat lawyers. But if enough of us with damages by ReBath get together we can explore a class action suit against them. I think they intentionally know that their franchisees are sub standard.

If you feel ReBath owes you money for not delivering what you paid for, contact me. John at

jifigcar@live.com.

Bathroom Remodeling Salesman S,

I am the owner of that particular franchise listed in the article you posted.

Yes that is terrible what Joel did to those customers! He had passed a statewide & national criminal background check which is the worst part.

One of the elderly he had taken advantage of called us to ask about the status of the install -- As soon as we found out something was not right the employee was terminated. It was actually us (Bay State Re-Bath, Joel's former employer) who had called the Attorney General as well as every person Joel had contact with through our company to start the case against him.

This will be haunting us for years but we took all the action to rally for the elderly he had abused and have him take accountability for the crimes he had committed under our name.

I hope everyone reading this can appreciate it was the INDIVIDUAL not the business and that our company is the one who alerted the Attorney general and got the police involved with his arrest.

Bathroom Remodeling Salesman Sentenced to State Prison in Connection with Stealing Thousands of Dollars from Homeowners

Scheme Perpetrated in Multiple Communities Around Metro Boston

BOSTON — A former bathroom remodeling salesman pleaded guilty and was sentenced to two years in state prison in connection with defrauding multiple homeowners of thousands of dollars, Attorney General Martha Coakley’s Office announced today.

Joel Salvatore, 42, of Stoneham, pleaded guilty on Tuesday in Norfolk Superior Court to charges of Larceny Over $250 (1 count), and Larceny Over $250 of a Person Over 60 Years Old (3 counts). After the plea was entered, Norfolk Superior Court Judge Kenneth Fishman sentenced Salvatore to two years and one day in state prison, with six years of probation to serve concurrent with that sentence.

Judge Fishman imposed a condition prohibiting Salvatore from having contact with the victims of the scheme. The judge also ordered that Salvatore be required to take vocational training while incarcerated in a field that he can seek and maintain employment in upon release, and barred him from self-employment or promotional or sales work.

“This defendant used his position to manipulate and steal from consumers, including seniors, by soliciting for services he did not provide,” AG Coakley said. “He is being held accountable for this fraud that harmed consumers and undermined trust in our communities.”

According to authorities, Salvatore worked as a salesperson for Bay State Re-Bath (Re-Bath), a bathroom remodeling company, from February 2011 until his termination in June 2011. As a salesperson, Salvatore met with potential customers in their homes, examined their bathrooms, and gave sales presentations about Re-Bath’s remodeling products and services. He also prepared contracts for proposed projects on approved company letterhead.

In a scheme to defraud homeowners beginning in April 2011, Salvatore solicited consumers by offering the company’s remodeling services at a cut rate. Based on his proposal, Salvatore would draft a generic contractor’s invoice and request a down payment for services to be rendered at a later date.

As a result of this scheme, Salvatore collected payments ranging from $1,700 to $3,000 without ever beginning renovations despite repeated attempts by customers to contact him. Salvatore victimized customers in Wakefield, Medford, Needham, and Walpole.

In addition to working for Re-Bath, Salvatore previously operated a Luxury Bath Systems franchise in Massachusetts that also performed bathroom remodeling. According to the Massachusetts Secretary of State’s Office, Salvatore is also connected with the following businesses registered in Massachusetts: JS & Company of Salem, NH; Home Improvements of New England, Inc., in Stoneham, Mass., and Salvatore, Inc., in Quincy, Mass.

The Attorney General’s Office and the Massachusetts State Police urge any individuals who feel that they have been the victim of a larceny to contact the Attorney General’s complaint line at 617-963-2223 . For information and consumer tips on choosing home improvement contractors, please visit the Attorney General’s website.

Middlesex and Norfolk County Grand Juries returned indictments against Salvatore on December 20 and December 21, 2011, respectively. Salvatore was arraigned in Middlesex Superior Court in Woburn on January 9, 2012 and was arraigned in Norfolk Superior Court in Dedham on January 17. In April, the Middlesex indictment was consolidated with the indictment in Norfolk County. In Norfolk Superior Court on Tuesday, Salvatore pleaded guilty to all charges and was sentenced.

The case was prosecuted by Assistant Attorneys General William R. Freeman and Kate Billman-Golemme of AG Coakley’s Fraud and Financial Crimes Division with assistance from the Massachusetts State Police Detective Unit assigned to the Attorney General’s Office.

Rebath of WI or any state for that matter is just a ***! A way for contractors to take money and then NEVER do the work and NEVER return your down payment when they won't do the work!

Corporate allows them to do this and they know it's happening but do NOTHING to help their customers and say they have no involvement. What corporate office acts this way??? Most reputable corporate offices care how their franchises treat their customers because at the end of the day it's their company name being dragged through the mud! I would NEVER EVER recommend this company to anyone!

They stole $5,000 of our money, won't do the work and won't give us back our down payment! If they came into our house and stole $5,000, we would call the cops and they would be behind bars where they all BELONG! But because it's a contract, they think they can get away with ??? On what planet ???

We are definitely going to sue and I hope all of you who have been stiffed do the same.. sooner than later!

just make sure you post 1800 bathtub. They sub out the work to the cheapest bid. If you ever read re bath today the warranty states every thing is covered even the caulk or tess then it molds and they tell you it;s not covered.

I just had an est for a complete shower with door (36 x 36) including shower head and 24" hand bar, and 4 shelf shower caddy. Remove old shower and put a new one in, white in color, no frills....$5,800. Wow....do they do a good job....that is a lot of moolaa?

Anonymous,

We are sorry to hear you're unahppy with your Re-Bath experience. If there's something we can assist you with, please contact Aimee Williams in the Re-Bath customer service department directly at (480) 844-1575 ext.

154 or by email at awilliams@rebath.com.

Rachael, on behalf of the Re-Bath corporate office

As for Rachael with ReBath, she's a cow..sending out responses that we all know aren't going to help the consumers problem.

I don't know who Lisa O'Rander is, must've gotten hired after I left, and she was probably given the same instructions "Don't call the customer back right away, you'll be on the phone all day and we need you to do other things."

A class action lawsuit is a very good idea.

ReBath needs to go out of business, Dave Sanders, Robin Rollando, Aimee Clark aka Aimee Williams and Janice Burke (just to name a few) need to see what reality is out there. Karma's a ***

Aimee Williams aka Aimee Clark is a skinny blonde who weighs maybe 120 pounds soaking wet. They won't address the issue immediately, as you well know...they won't work to solve your problems...the girls in that area of the office are only interested in helping their "Zees"- franchise owners who bring in the money.

It's a game of favoritism..

I would recommend filing a complaint against ReBath with the Better Business Bureau. If that doesn't work, take legal action.

I had to threaten legal action before with getting some pay owed to me. It's all "Pass the buck" with those people...they don't really care about anything except getting that paycheck...

Wassr1956,

I apologize that you’ve been having trouble getting a hold of our Re-Bath customer service. Please try to reach Lisa O’Rander at this new number (480) 844-1575 ext. 170 or by email at lorander@rebath.com and we will do our best to assist you. Lisa will be available all day to speak with you.

wassr1956

Time for a class action lawsuit against Re-Bath. anyone out there a class action lawyer? all of us on this thread should get together and sue re bath for our money back and damages for emotional distress in trying to get them to do the right thing and take care of all our problems, or shut them down and out of business.

Rebath Franchisee Sticks Me with $22,000.00 Debt

Rebath Complaint by Bent Over

You were reading a complaint about Rebath.

Filing a new complaint about

Richard Sasto owns Rebath of Long Island, and Used to own Rebath of Central Florida now Rebath of Mid Florida. I have posted about this complaint before and still have not gotten a response from Richard Sasto the Frnachisee, or Rebath Corporate, the Franchisor.

I worked for Rebath of Central Florida, now Rebath of Mid Florida, back in 2006-2008. During that time I was first hired on as a sales rep only, then because of experience in business ownership I was promoted to General manager with about 6 months. Rebath of Central Florida, now Rebath of Mid Florida, did not have a Manager. Richard Sasto ,the then Franchisee, was an absentee owner. I did a very good job for Rebath of Central Florida, and treated the business as if it was my own. I took great pride in the way the Franchise was operated. I never had access to any bank accounts or cash. All of this was taken care of by Richard Sasto in his New Youk Office.

When it came to marketing I was the one who made the design and layouts, and the billings for ad vertising went to the New York office. I made one terrible mistale. I signed a credit application for Richard Sasto, and Like so many, never read it to see it had a personal guarntee attached.

To be honest, I felt the job I was doing and di, that I felt Richard Sasto was a man of integrity and would always pay his bills. WRONG!!!!

I left the Rebath Franchise, in 2008, to go into business myself, and Richard Sasto decided to sell the Franchise. Rebath of Central Florida is now Rebath of Mid FLorida. When the Franchise was sold, Richard Sasto never paid alot of the debt, and the one that a affected me is the one for advertising , owed to Florida Today, Scripps Publication. That have now secured a default judgement against me for $22,000.00!!! For Rebath of Central Florida Advertising. I was never an Officer, of Board Member, or even on the checking account. I cannot believe to this day, that someone would do this to anyone. I could understand better if Richard Sasto went bankrupt and lost the business, but his is not the case. Richard Sasto sold the Franchis known as Rebath of Central Florida, had to pay off Rebath Corporate for any bal on the franchise he owned, and then made a profit. Richard Sasto to this day still owns a Rebath Franchise in New York.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???? He Failed to Pay his bill and still gets to be a dealer, why so he can do it again. This is the most outrageous thing that i have ever heard of is 35 years of business. I now have this judgement on my credit and it is effecting me buying a home, has caused me great stress and concern for the last 2 years. Why will Richard Sasto not pay the bill?

The same reason that the internet is overwhelmed with Rebath Complaints,

just no INTEGRITY, none what so ever. If anyone would like a copy of the judgement to be sure that this is just not a disgruntled ex-employee, check out the Martin County Fla, Clerk of the Court and Look it up, or E-mail me and I will get you a copy. This is WRONG!!!

Anyone that does business with Rebath needs to to think twice.....Check out the internet

Wassr1956,

I've tried to reach you on another thread but we'd love to speak with you directly to see how we can assist you.

Please contact Lisa O’Rander in the Re-Bath customer service department directly at (480) 844-1575 ext. 147 or by email at lorander@rebath.com and we'll get in touch right away.

Rachael, on behalf of the Re-Bath corporate office

RachaelwithReBath, I tried and get no answer as usual with you people. what a disgrace.

do not post on here with your lies and deceit. there is no customer service.

re bath is the worst company I ever did business with, and I am 54 years old. tell your family and friends.

print up notices and distribute them around your town or city.

this company needs to be put out of business, and all their employees need to be fired. I have been telling people I had my shower done by bath-fitters(I do not want re bath to get anymore business)

rebath should be called recall, recall, recall, recall customer service.(there is none)

Thanks for the comments. I was intending to do my guest bathroom with Re-Bath now reconsidering and will look for other ways to do it.

May just do it myself.

Again, thanks for the feed back. It was very helpful.

rebath franchises tell everyone that everything is a lifetime warranty. The warranty is only as good as the franchisee behind it.

Rebath warranty only covers acrylic materials, that's it nothing more, nothing less. The franchisee's lie thru there teeth to get the sale.

Franchisee buy a tub liner for $300.00 and sell it for 1295.00 minimun. wall surrounds run maybe $700.00 and they sell it for $1695.00 and up wacked out prices.

you need to shop around and ask to look at the warranty and make sure it says all material fixtures and labor for a lifetime.

You wont see it

Wassr1956,

Please contact Lisa O’Rander in the Re-Bath customer service department directly at (480) 844-1575 ext. 147 or by email at lorander@rebath.com.

We’ll make sure to address your issue immediately and work to solve your problems.

Rachael, on behalf of the Re-Bath corporate office

Rebath does not manufacture shower doors. They just buy it from a local company and Rebath will not warranty the shower door or anything.

Their warranty only covers the plastic that they install on the walls. They will tell you you have a LIFE TIME WARRANTY but ask what exactly does it cover and that will surprise you, nothing. They do not even manufacture their own plastic walls. They will say they sell at Home Depot but which ones - not the ones that I go to some other company named Home Solutions sells bath remodeling at Home Depot.

Bath Fitter has it own factory that manufactures the products they sell and as far as I can tell is a superior company to Rebath on all accounts. Rebath is a company based on half truths on their better day.