Boise, Idaho

Update by user Oct 25, 2012

Update: owner of Rebath of Idaho called to touch base with me because of the online reviews I\'d posted. He apologized for the salesman\'s conduct but assured me he has never received a complaint about him before so it is probably isolated. I told him I\'m certain I am not the only unprofessional visit he has made to a customer because most people probably just decide not to go with rebath and don\'t publicize why.

One additional thing I recall that I think illustrates this was NOT isolated and this behavior is part of this salesman\'s pitch is this: Salesman pulls out a piece of PVC pipe labeled \"Hose A\" and tells me \"don\'t worry - we don\'t subcontract the work so you don\'t have to worry about Hose A or Hose B working in your home.\" WHAT??? I couldn\'t believe a racist \"joke\" is part of this guy\'s schpeal. When I told the Rebath owner about this part of the presentation he just sighed and said he would have to look into it.

Based on other reviews I am certain that our Rebath experience was not out of the ordinary. They are designed to be high-pressure sales and I\'m certain they make most of their money getting older people to agree to financing agreements that are way out of their price range.

Shame on Rebath.

Original review posted by user Sep 19, 2012

A Re-Bath salesman came to our home in Boise, ID and used high-pressure and highly-manipulative techniques to try to get my husband and I to commit to their offer the night of the estimate. The presentation took 2.5 hours and clearly was not altered at all even though we were trying to hold/entertain a 2 year old who we had to keep up past her bedtime because the guy just kept going on and on. Most of this presentation was spent watching a powerpoint of information I already knew about the company from researching them on the internet. From the beginning the salesman seemed more interested in interrogating us over other options we were considering and giving me his opinion that other remodeling companies we had received bids for (and we didn't give him names of companies because that felt awkward) were not trustworthy or respectful because they were taking a couple days between taking the measurements and the final bids. He asked me "how does that make you feel that they didn't respect your time enough to give you a number?" I thought to myself "it doesn't bother me that a company understands that remodeling a historic 1947 home's bathroom requires a little more thought than taking measurements of surface materials and plugging it into a 10 cell pricing chart (like Re-Bath did) and it definitely isn't good business practice to make a major home improvement decision without investigating a few different options. The salesman wasted so much of the presentation trying to bad-mouth who he assumed was bidding on our remodel I finally just said that I'd prefer to focus on what Re-Bath had to offer. It was clear to me from the salesman's behavior he must have received some extra incentive for signing a person up the day of the presentation. He was clearly angry with me when I told him we would be taking a week to look at all of our options before making a decision. He actually said, "so you've just been wasting my time, then?"

Additionally, I can say that while these look like good quality immitations of stone/tile work it is not worth paying over double the cost of even higher-end tile/grout systems (Re-Bath bid us $8400 for JUST the shower). Re-bath materials have less resale value regardless of what a Re-Bath salesman thinks of these products and when most people end up staying in their home for 10 years or less... this isn't smart investing and in the end that is what you are doing every time you improve your home.

On a final note, while I am not LDS/mormon I found the following conversation that occurred at the very beginning of the meeting unprofessional and offensive. The salesman and his "trainee" were talking to us about our daughter and baby on the way. Making conversation I asked each of them about their kids and the trainee said he had five children. The head salesman then adds something like "yeah he USED to be LDS and you know how that goes" giving me eyebrows. Now I realize that this guy has noticed we have a wine rack in our living room and a coffee pot in our kitchen, made an assumption we are not LDS/mormon, and now is making a comment to me about a religious stereotype? I highly doubt given that Idaho has a high percentage of mormons that this is a comment this salesman would make in just anyone's home so it is clear to me he was trying to use a presumed prejudice to get to be my buddy or something. Not appropriate and I wish I had ended the presentation right then since this was my first red flag of many -- seriously too many to list out here!

Product or Service Mentioned: Rebath Remodeling.

Comments

we just ghad a guy coming in Saturday from ReBath. Listen to this - 24,500 for plastic shower.

and 40k for tile... CAN YOU IMAGINE THIS////

All I can say is DON'T even let a salesperson from ReBath come to your House and Don't let them touch your bathroom.

Looking our down south in Alabama(ReBath of the Southeast). Another nightmare regarding their sales and installation team.