Brussels, Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest

Hi all. I noticed a multitude of complaints about Re-Bath, comparable to the ordeal that befalls us. So far, this firm has promised a lot, for a steep price, but had managed only astonishingly poor quality work, and deficient service.

It started when it turned out that they had forgotten to order from a third party firm, some key elements which are required for a shower (door, faucet and shower column). In spite of numerous warnings and requests for confirmation of the agreement, from our part.

Communication with this firm became very problematic, and the numerous misunderstandings and inaccurate information offered by representatives of Re-bath, vary from negligence to blatant lies. Even though the shower was never finished, Re-Bath demanded full payment non-the-less. (?!!)

The firm did everything it could, including letters from a law firm, to force us to pay the entire amount, in spite the fact that they never finished the job. (Which we so far have refused. But it has cost us some legal fees since we had to appoint a lawyer of our own.)

And since then, a few months after the installation, it has come to our attention that the silicone (I suppose) seal that was used to finish the shower walls, has already cracked. Which explains their haste to receive all of the money, before the scam became apparent.

The shower cubicle, couldn't be much further from waterproof. (Even when we should find another firm, willing to install a shower door. Which naturally no professional would risk after Re-Bath made such a mess of it.)

This message can both serve as a warning to potential customers, or as an open invitation to the representatives of Re-Bath, to provide me with a channel to their businesses headquarters, if they have any professional integrity at all. (Which - by now I very much fear – is completely lacking with the representatives of our local Re-Bath franchise.)

The link which is provided on this site, the Re-Bath customer service (http://www.rebath.com/customer-service/) doesn't seem to work BTW. At least not in this country. Which would be pretty typical for Re-Bath.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rebath Installation.

Comments

Real bad,

We are sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with the length of your installation.

We would appreciate hearing about your experience so that we can better understand where we can improve our processes.

Please contact Lisa O’Rander in the Re-Bath customer service department directly at (480) 844-1575 ext. 147 or by email at lorander@rebath.com. We’ll make sure to address your issue immediately.

Rachael, on behalf of the Re-Bath corporate office

We live in central Texas, called Re-Bath four weeks after we signed the order and the woman could not find our paperwork. I had to call two more times and finally the woman said it was mis-filed.

They would schedule to put the Re-Bath in the following week. We needed the work done because my husband was getting out of the hospital and the saleman said he would rush the order. They told us that we would have to wait because it had to be special made. When the man showed up he told me that they had several of these in the warehouse and there was not special made.

He also smelled like cigeratte smoke. We had keep my husband in a nursing home for six weeks because these people lie.

It seems a shame. We were very impressed with the your company's rep, but after reading the comments on this website, I doubt that we could comfortably contract with you to do the bathroom remokel we'll be doing. The old saw, "one bad apple..." just lost a sale for what may well be a highly reputable franchise.

I sent Lisa O'Rander an E-mail. We'll see what happens.

Meanwhile, it seems like we're not the only ones. I’ve contacted José, another inhabitant of my country, who is facing very similar problems. This could be to our advantage.

Thanks all, for the input and support. Especially Sealant Tech, for the information. If the used product is unfit for the job, it would explain the cracks.

Rebath of Central Florida, owned by Richard S., sold to another individual in a asset sale only. Richard S., franchise owner of Rebath of Central Florida, walked away from paying his companies debts after the sale.

Thousands of Dollars in materials purchased and supplied to customers homes was never paid for. Richard S. owns another Rebath Franchise in Long Island, New York. People should be made aware that He may not pay for materials in New York and customers could have liens placed on there homes by suppliers and workers. Rebath of Central Florida, stiffed one of his former employees with default judgement in the amound of $18,500.00 plus court cost, and attorney fees.

The employee was kind enough to sign a credit application for Richard S., since Richard S. was a absentee owner. The debt is due to Scripps Publication, parent company for Florida Today Newspaper. Richard S. took the profit from the sale of the Rebath of Central Florida sale and skipped out on this debt and thousands of dollars more. Rebath has a very bad reputation of doing this type of thing ikt is all over the internet. And there installations are of poor quality.

Again you can see it all over the internet. This guy Richard S. still qualifies Rebath of Mid Florida with his Master Plumbing license and the person harmed by the debt is seeking that the State of Florida revoke Richard S. Master Plumbing License in the State of Florida. Rebath Corporate knows of this debt problem and states, ITS NOT OUR PROBLEM.

Yet Richard S. is a Rebath Franchise Holder still in Long Island New York.

Richard S. should be made to pay off this debt or have his New York franchise taken away. What kind of Franchise owners are you allowing Dave S.? Force Richard S. to pay the debt.

Koen,

Again, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with Re-Bath. Our customer service team is focused on helping our customers have the best experience possible, which includes addressing any concerns.

Our intent in communicating with you on this forum is not for legal reasons, it is to put you in touch with the right person at Re-Bath who can help answer your questions (Lisa O’Rander, below).

We welcome customers' feedback and hope you will let us know if you have any trouble getting in touch with Lisa.

Hello Koen.

I would like to keep in contact with you.

I have also a not finished bathroom and they were asking me 100% of payment.

They just sent me invoices expiring on that same day and they started trying to threaten me saying that in case of not urgent payment, further "legal steps" could be taken.

I am afraid that this is something they are doing quite often... I can believe that a lot of people prefer to pay, instead of facing a long and slow legal process while being without bathroom.

John, I finally got a MSDS which is supposed to be given to anyone who asks, ya right. Their patented sealant technology is Dow Corning® Contractors Weatherproofing Sealant not even something Dow recommends to be used for bathrooms.

It is used for commercial buildings to sealing the joints of tilt up concrete buildings. At least Luxury Bath uses real sanitary silicon sealant.

The representative of Re-Bath also on numerous occasions mentioned 'life long guarantee'. If you read the fine print though, the guarantee only covers a period of a month.

(Which, in our case, was even disputed: According to Re-bath, the period of 30 or so days commences, as soon as the whole amount is paid. If we had paid the entire amount when asked – when the shower was half finished - the short guarantee period would be partially, or completely over, by the time Re-Bath finally got round to installing a faucet and a door. If at all they ever got round to that.

Assuming that they might have... by the time we would have been able to test the shower, Re-bath would most likely have waved complaints, as being too late.)

I just heard the sales pitch, and according to the salesman, their "sealant technology" doesn't crack,leak,mold or mildew. All I heard was how bad all other materials and contractors were compared to rebath

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for your reaction on both sites.

Probably being too paranoid here, but before I hand you my full identity, could you please first confirm that it is not the intention of Re-Bath to start a time - & money consuming lawsuit ?

I assure you that what I described was truthful. We paid a lot of money, and are still stuck with a completely useless shower. Despite of our attempts to contact your local franchise, before, and after things started going wrong. And in spite of our demands that Re-Bath would honor the agreement.

I appreciate the apology on your part. And I welcome the opportunity to reach an agreement.

But having experienced a rather unfair treatment by Re-bath so far… I’m suddenly very aware, that that I’m also presenting you the opportunity to accuse me of slander or libel. (Which would be incorrect in my view, but having to prove that would be quite a nuisance.)

Could you describe your firm’s policy concerning this issue on this forum ?

Kind regards,

Koen

Koen,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with Re-Bath.

I will also follow up with you on the forum that you posted to in case you don't see this comment.

Rachael, on behalf of the Re-Bath corporate office

I just hate customer who think that a small crack in the caulking is the end of the world. It is just caulk.

Put some more on it and go on with your life. I do not think that the words water proof was used. If you filed the cubicle up with water it will leak. Caulking is no reason not to pay your bill.

It is a maintance item and something that will need to be done now and again. As far as a company installing a shower door, there must be a hundred who can do the job.

I agree.

International firm of fraudulous *** artists.

Sounds like Rebath is exactly the same no matter what country you are in.

Sorry you experienced this. But it is no surprise at all