Sterling Heights, Michigan

I recently purchased a home where the re-bath system had been installed. I have the original receipt and 'lifetime warranty' information.

I called the local office that originally installed the product, only to be told the original buyer had 1 year to transfer the warranty to me. I was then transferred to the service manager, who answered the phone by saying 'you got me cause you are not hearing what you want to hear'.

Ken, at the Troy, MI office was beyond rude. Told me I should get a lawyer cause my problem with the tub was not his. Ken also said I had to have the warranty transferred and I had no warranty.

I have all the original papers, and I can say it does not mention non-transferrable, or lifetime warranty for original buyer only.

I am not sure what I will do, but I will certainly consult my attorney about a potential lawsuit.

DO NOT USE THIS RE-BATH in TROY, MI. I can only guess the level of customer service they practice with 'real' warranty holders.

Buyer beware!

Comments

Rebath of Central Florida, owned by Richard S., sold to another individual in a asset sale only. Richard S., franchise owner of Rebath of Central Florida, walked away from paying his companies debts after the sale.

Thousands of Dollars in materials purchased and supplied to customers homes was never paid for. Richard S. owns another Rebath Franchise in Long Island, New York. People should be made aware that He may not pay for materials in New York and customers could have liens placed on there homes by suppliers and workers. Rebath of Central Florida, stiffed one of his former employees with default judgement in the amound of $18,500.00 plus court cost, and attorney fees.

The employee was kind enough to sign a credit application for Richard S., since Richard S. was a absentee owner. The debt is due to Scripps Publication, parent company for Florida Today Newspaper. Richard S. took the profit from the sale of the Rebath of Central Florida sale and skipped out on this debt and thousands of dollars more. Rebath has a very bad reputation of doing this type of thing ikt is all over the internet. And there installations are of poor quality.

Again you can see it all over the internet. This guy Richard S. still qualifies Rebath of Mid Florida with his Master Plumbing license and the person harmed by the debt is seeking that the State of Florida revoke Richard S. Master Plumbing License in the State of Florida. Rebath Corporate knows of this debt problem and states, ITS NOT OUR PROBLEM.

Yet Richard S. is a Rebath Franchise Holder still in Long Island New York.

Richard S. should be made to pay off this debt or have his New York franchise taken away. What kind of Franchise owners are you allowing Dave S.? Force Richard S. to pay the debt.

#192285

Well...months have gone by and I have spoken to many persons at the corporate office for Re-Bath.

I was told that I would be assisted, and spoke to the complaint manager, whom said they would have a decision by Monday of what they could do for me. (this was a Thursday)

I emailed her back Tuesday...Thursday...she responded to say it would take for time for them to consider assistance...then another week...finally 3 weeks after I was told I would be notified as to what assistance they would offer, I emailed back and said it was poor practice to say you'd get back to someone and make them wait for weeks with no real answers...I told them after another day I would take my complaint to the media in Detroit.

My final response was from their legal department (I'm sure they have a bigger legal than service department) and told me due to my threats they would not assist me, as I had NO WARRANTY, and I should contact an attorney.

DO NOT USE RE-BATH FOR ANYTHING!!!!

BUYER BEWARE FOR SURE!!!

to linvilledeb #608850

I myself had nothing but problems with REBATH. I will NEVER refer them to anyone!

My brother in law had Bathfitters and is please with their work and their products. I guess you live and learn.

Well, I am still speaking to re-bath, as they consider on what they will possibly do for me. I was told by the customer services manager at corporate I should have some information by this past Monday, but no response, so I emailed her back on Tuesday. I finally received my response at 8pm yesterday (Thurs), only to say they are working on it, and to remind me my lifetime warranty is useless.

Then my latest email stated Perhaps there was a misunderstanding as to what I stated. I hoped I would have an answer to you by Monday.

As we discussed in detail, despite what you advised the Real Estate Agent told you, you are holding a warranty that is not assignable. Hence, there are additional steps in the decision making process.

SO, I AM STILL WAITING ON THEIR RESPONSE....

Aimee with Re-bath had left a comment, and also responded to the first email I sent the President of Re-bath, however, she only responded by saying she will look into what they can do for me...

still waiting...

AnonomyoUS

Hello Deb, this is Aimee of Re-Bath. I’d like to help.

Can you contact me directly and describe what you are experiencing with our bath system. You can reach me at awilliams [@]rebath.com or 480-844-1575.

I bought a house three years ago and we had them fix the bathtub before we would close. The tub is squishy from the water under it and when I called Rebath Atlanta they told me that I had no warrenty even thought the old owner told them that the work was for me and he only paid for it but it was for me.

I wonder if this is the same thing that happen when someone buys one of their walk in bathtubs for their parents. We were considering buying one from them. I can understand why all the web site addresses such as RebathSucks.com, Rebathripoff.com etc are all owned by Rebath's parent company.

They have got to control the message. This time we are replacing the Rebath mess with a real bathtub.

That office was not able to make their quota last year so they are on the outs... Their contract with Rebath says if they don't sell enough than than will be closed.

So it is no surprise that they act as they did. In the army we called it getting short.

They are not going to be around so they have no reason to care so they do what they can to make a buck on the way out of the door. .