Chester, Maryland

I had Re-bath redo my shower three years ago. I was completely satisfied with the material and the professionalism of the installation.

It looked great. Over the last six months I noted that the wall panels and the straight part of the hand holds have turned yellow. The angle part of the hand holds and the shower base stayed nice and white. This tells me that there is a material difference in these items.

They can't be all be the same acrylic. The installer came out to look at my complaint and I have not heard anything except for one phone call, made by me, as to what they are going to do about the situation. I want the yellowed parts replaced per the warranty.

However, I also want to know why they turned yellow and its not hard water. I want to be sure that it will not happen again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rebath Installation.

Comments

#319361

Only the SSP has a warranty, nothing else. Not the bottom, grab bars, caulk, save you energy and read the warranty next time.

RachaelwithReBath
#206797

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear about the condition of your product. Re-bath stands behind its products and carries a lifetime warranty on all Durabath SSP materials.

Please contact Aimee Williams in the Re-Bath customer service department directly at (480) 844-1575 ext. 154 or by email at aclark@rebath.com (CC me at Rachael@rebath.com) to discuss your situation.

Rachael, on behalf of the Re-Bath corporate office

#195779

Do you get sun shinning on those surfaces? Is it a white wall?

It sounds like UV damage. I have seen UV damage on those type of walls where the sun only shines at a angle on the wall and it leaves a huge steak across it. They use a clear plastic cap that covers PVC for their walls and it is the PVC that is yellowing.

The only cure is to use a different material. We have had good luck with Ahqua, a type of simulated tile solid surface made out of Silestone.

#195438

rebath probably used poor quality materials. several years ago they had trouble getting enough material