Being new to Utah I saw the RC Willey commercials and liked them.The store in Draper spoke of high quality.
I purchased two down couches, a recliner rocker, kitchen table and 3 mattresses. I had drapes made to compliment the recliner printed fabric Immediately we knew that something was wrong with the recliner. It leaned to the right and had large gaps in the seat cushion along the sides where everything (TV control, cellphone, etc) fell into. The down couches began to release feathers and they were sharp enough to give a good poke to the person sitting there.
Upon inspection we learned that instead of being filled with down feathers they were more like goose quills, some as long as 6". After inspection by a store tech, RC Willey agreed to take the defective items back and replace with something of our choice. When I purchased the mattresses I didn't buy top of the line. They were to be used as guest beds only.
I bought the European bedframes, knowing that cruise ships and hotels use them so they must offer support. Within the year our guests complained that they were not comfortable. Tech came out and insisted that we needed the box springs instead of the steel frames. I have called several mattress places and have been told that the frames are quite sturdy and should work fine.
Now for another fight with RC Willey. I don't think I will purchase anything from them in the future. My friend, who is in the market for new furniture refuses to even look at RC Willey because of our experience. To make matters worse, when I went to the CEO and the head of customer service to complain about the couches, both said they had sold hundreds of these same couches without a complaint or return.
The techs and delivery persons told me different.There have been so many returns of the MD or DM made product RC Willey was going to discontinue selling them.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "I paid $5276.00 by Check that did not bounce, for furniture in the store and found them at another location (Ashly Furniture,) for a little less about $635.00 less! So..."
- "As I went to EZ Pawn shop in West Valley City, Utah to get some money on my 19 inch flat screen TV that I hardly used. The guy that..."
- "Another guess for dnamydog! Results were greyhound, Dalmatian, bulldog and schnauzer! What a joke!!! I even included a picture of our Dog that is an Austrailian Cattledog and looks and..."
- "...I recently d a box of "Royal Riviera Pears".These are NOT the Royal Riviera Pears they used to sell...."
- "To all those who are in contact with the British ABC74 (fraud group) to rent or buy out of people: 1. All Leasing SBLCs , Can not be used as..."
- "I don't understand how you advertise a purfume sale but no one has any stock some of the warehouses state that they never received any to start with and others..."