Being new to Utah I saw the RC Willey commercials and liked them.The store in Draper spoke of high quality.
I purchased two down couches, a recliner rocker, kitchen table and 3 mattresses. I had drapes made to compliment the recliner printed fabric Immediately we knew that something was wrong with the recliner. It leaned to the right and had large gaps in the seat cushion along the sides where everything (TV control, cellphone, etc) fell into. The down couches began to release feathers and they were sharp enough to give a good poke to the person sitting there.
Upon inspection we learned that instead of being filled with down feathers they were more like goose quills, some as long as 6". After inspection by a store tech, RC Willey agreed to take the defective items back and replace with something of our choice. When I purchased the mattresses I didn't buy top of the line. They were to be used as guest beds only.
I bought the European bedframes, knowing that cruise ships and hotels use them so they must offer support. Within the year our guests complained that they were not comfortable. Tech came out and insisted that we needed the box springs instead of the steel frames. I have called several mattress places and have been told that the frames are quite sturdy and should work fine.
Now for another fight with RC Willey. I don't think I will purchase anything from them in the future. My friend, who is in the market for new furniture refuses to even look at RC Willey because of our experience. To make matters worse, when I went to the CEO and the head of customer service to complain about the couches, both said they had sold hundreds of these same couches without a complaint or return.
The techs and delivery persons told me different.There have been so many returns of the MD or DM made product RC Willey was going to discontinue selling them.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I bought a red leather couch. It was on sale at $1500. Regular over $2000. I thought I was buying a leather couch that would last for..."
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "Looking for teaching jobs in Vietnam? Don't go to Thai Binh Duong or Thái Bình Dương center. They stand for broken promises, take money from teachers without telling, lying about..."
- "i have been a customer for years and my account was deleted with no explanation of why? i paid for and upgrade this week and the same day it went..."
- "I had booked my travel from Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi via Etihad Airways and have had the most horrible and horrid experience I have had in my lifetime..."
- "Another guess for dnamydog! Results were greyhound, Dalmatian, bulldog and schnauzer! What a joke!!! I even included a picture of our Dog that is an Austrailian Cattledog and looks and..."
- "I was very disappointed with this company. We had a main water line break which we could only hear and not see so it was required for us to hire..."
- "I bought a 2006 Mitsubishi eclipse. It took me three jobs and six years to save for a new car. Mind you, I am a single parent of three. I'm..."