Ray Ban - RayBan glasses Jackie Ogh - purchased defective and nobody wants to take charge

24 of 38 Ray Ban reviews

I purchased a pair of Ray-Ban Jackie Ogh item number SG034 on my way from London to Marseille on board of BAA flight # 370 on November 12,2014.When I open and tried the glasses the side come apart.

Back in US on November 16, 2014 I thought it will be an easy fix. I called RayBan and was told to call their customer service at 1-800-343-5594 - which I did. They told me to bring the glasses to Lens Crafter as RayBan owes them and they will fix it or replace it. I did and LensCrafters said they can't fix it bcs it was a manufacturer defect.

I called again the CS and they told me to send them over to their address in GA.

After I spent GBR 110 which is the equivalent of $209 US dollars I have to send them by mail with insurance etc by mail and they will fix it.I don't want a refurbished pair of RayBan - I purchased them brand new and I want them replace with a new pair.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Rayban Sunglasses
Review category
Eye and Ear Care
review #561758

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ray Ban? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
24 of 38 Ray Ban reviews
Melissa

Mar 04, 2015 #953842

Exact same experience, terrible customer service, Luxotica won't stand behind their product. After sending glasses in for warranty evaluation ($12.00 to send in traceable manner plus $12.50 for Luxotica to even look at them) they tell me that I can get them back untouched for no charge or I can send them another $35.00 for a temple piece that wasn't right in the first place. The last time I will ever buy Ray Ban!!!

0 0 Reply
Carol Burr

Dec 11, 2014 #914515 New York, New York, United States

Had the same experience. Absolutely rotten customer service. Overpriced glasses that broke in a week and Ray Ban took no responsibility and refused to deal with me

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.