Bicester, England

I went into Ralph Lauren store in Bicester Village today, as I approached the cashier to pay was pointed to the point to give my details, what language I wanted, what Country that I reside in, English and Briton, was then faced with purchase price and "denote to charity" - no name of charity, and also asking for Euros, as consideration declined as i would be charge, conversion charge from Euros into Pounds, plus a transaction charge.The girl then responded, "oh you dont wish to denote to charity" and let everyone in the *** behind me hear, WHY should i have to justify myself to anyone about my decision on denotation to charity?

Related: Ralph Lauren Customer Care Review

then when my transaction was going through she decided to start folding shirts, so long that i was going to lean over counter and take receipt from the PDQ machine.What ever happened to "customer comes first" and look after your customers, there are plenty of other shops and stores that would be happy to take my money

Review about: Ralph Lauren Golf Clothes.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Ralph Lauren Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution remember to look after customers if you want them to stay loyal

Had an Experience with Ralph Lauren?

Comments

Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom #1235325

response from Ralph Lauren Bicester.

Dear Kerri,

Your email regarding a recent visit to the Ralph Lauren Menswear store in Bicester has been forwarded to me and I do hope that I am able to offer some help in resolving the matter.

It is our primary concern that all our customers have a most enjoyable shopping experience and feel satisfied with the service they receive, and so a great deal of emphasis is always placed on service both on the shop floor and at the point of sale.With this in mind I am very sorry indeed to hear that this was not your experience, and I wonder if you would be kind enough to forward me the cashier number from your receipt so that we are able to identify the individual in question and make sure that these areas of service are refreshed and reinforced to avoid any further incidents.

This would be most helpful indeed.

With regard to the use of the iPad at the point of sale I have investigated this in order to better understand the issues you have mentioned and I hope that I will be able to explain a little of how this works.

At the point in the transaction when a customer is given the option to chose to either make a donation or not, there is no indication of the specific charity. However as soon as either option is taken, the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity is shown on the screen. So even when a customer chooses not to make a donation, the Charity information is still shown along with a chance to request...

Had you opted to make a donation this would naturally have been explained to you but I do appreciate that in the circumstances, as you had decided not to, this was not explained.

Regrettably I am of course not in a position to comment on any conversations you may have had with your cashier, but although I am certain that there was no intention to offend, I would like to offer my sincere apologies if this did not appear to be the case at the time and I do assure you that the matter will be investigated.If you would like to discuss this issue further do please let me know when might be a convenient time to call and I will be more than happy to speak to you in person regarding this matter.