Update added by user Apr 07, 2015
After, threatening to contact the DOJ for CA and OR, Build.com finally honored their part of the deal.Rakuten couldn't have cared less and only directed my inquiries back to Build.com.
I will not use Rakuten for a purchase again.They didn't even seem to care.
Original review posted by user Oct 06, 2014
Purchased a kitchen sink at advertise 90% off price but received wrong sink. Sellers will not honor our contract but insist I return the sink for refund and reorder at new price. The new price is the FULL price! Both companies claim the other party is responsible. Rakuten.com even left me on hold for over 55 minutes while I waited to speak to a supervisor.
No one would stand for this treatment in a brick and mortar store and there are laws regulating 'advertised' prices. However, online retailers attempt to skirt the official contract as long as possible. Our order confirmation states the BUYER may only cancel the order prior to shipment, thus prior to the 'official' contract. In this case, we even have a 'shipment notification' but the seller wants to retain the right to cancel the order after the time which they would grant the buyer to do so.
We need online business regulation in this country!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- wrong product delivered and refund not a sufficient remedy
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchen Sink
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Yes.. My name is Lavinya Galarza and I'm a buying customer we'll in July I purchased a iPhone6 plus gold from one your sellers themobileshop... and this my 4 complaint..."
- "I have filed several complaints against EBAY for the sneaky way they make money & just how "Crooked" they really are. This is another complaint only this one is..."
- "I will be attaching three documents pertaining to the way EBAY handles members complaints & what they do not do about it. I hate calling being on hold for ages..."
- "Swift was an ok place to work for about the first couple years. First week of orientation great. Good staff and great students in the class. The lodging that swift paid..."
- "I wish I would've seen the other person's review before. Like them, I spent over $100 on Dolls Kill -- I'd never bought anything from them before. I was about..."
- "I ordered on the 4th of May two flashlights on Amazon from Allworldsales, for an amount of $150. They've been delivered on the 6th of May at Viabox and I've been..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."