Update added by user Apr 07, 2015
After, threatening to contact the DOJ for CA and OR, Build.com finally honored their part of the deal.Rakuten couldn't have cared less and only directed my inquiries back to Build.com.
I will not use Rakuten for a purchase again.They didn't even seem to care.
Original review posted by user Oct 06, 2014
Purchased a kitchen sink at advertise 90% off price but received wrong sink. Sellers will not honor our contract but insist I return the sink for refund and reorder at new price. The new price is the FULL price! Both companies claim the other party is responsible. Rakuten.com even left me on hold for over 55 minutes while I waited to speak to a supervisor.
No one would stand for this treatment in a brick and mortar store and there are laws regulating 'advertised' prices. However, online retailers attempt to skirt the official contract as long as possible. Our order confirmation states the BUYER may only cancel the order prior to shipment, thus prior to the 'official' contract. In this case, we even have a 'shipment notification' but the seller wants to retain the right to cancel the order after the time which they would grant the buyer to do so.
We need online business regulation in this country!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- wrong product delivered and refund not a sufficient remedy
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchen Sink
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I'm in the process of sueing Quibids for selling fake generic Products I have multiple items from Logitech Kingston and beats by Dre and more not only are they fake..."
- "I got an offer of $200 for my iPhone 5. I accepted the offer and sent them a perfect phone. Today they emailed me that upon inspection the back of..."
- "I ordered a dress off these people and I was totally shocked when it arrived. It was completely different to what I ordered it had lace and cotton hanging off..."
- "I had visited Coach Outlet in Woodburn Oregon last week, and this was my first time went into a Coach Outlet. It was having a special discount for all the..."
- " BOYD'S GUNSTOCKS. Happy to take your order and your money. When it turns out their website is not updated and it's not in stock you have to pay the cancellation..."
- "I dropped my car off for a diagnosis. SI called me back with the diagnosis and I decided that I would have the car towed back to my house. When..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."
- "I purchased a whole house system from Rainsoft which included a softener, carbon filter, reverse osmosis, air ionizer and some laundry system thing called a Cleanstart. Well after a year..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."