Update added by user Apr 07, 2015
After, threatening to contact the DOJ for CA and OR, Build.com finally honored their part of the deal.Rakuten couldn't have cared less and only directed my inquiries back to Build.com.
I will not use Rakuten for a purchase again.They didn't even seem to care.
Original review posted by user Oct 06, 2014
Purchased a kitchen sink at advertise 90% off price but received wrong sink. Sellers will not honor our contract but insist I return the sink for refund and reorder at new price. The new price is the FULL price! Both companies claim the other party is responsible. Rakuten.com even left me on hold for over 55 minutes while I waited to speak to a supervisor.
No one would stand for this treatment in a brick and mortar store and there are laws regulating 'advertised' prices. However, online retailers attempt to skirt the official contract as long as possible. Our order confirmation states the BUYER may only cancel the order prior to shipment, thus prior to the 'official' contract. In this case, we even have a 'shipment notification' but the seller wants to retain the right to cancel the order after the time which they would grant the buyer to do so.
We need online business regulation in this country!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- wrong product delivered and refund not a sufficient remedy
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchen Sink
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Amazon Is Worst Than My Bank! I did write a letter back on Friday, October 7th, 2016 and they 100% Ignored It, until about a week before my Small Claims..."
- "I will be attaching three documents pertaining to the way EBAY handles members complaints & what they do not do about it. I hate calling being on hold for ages..."
- "After reviewing the beautiful selection of trees on the Balsam Hill website we decide to splurge and order the 7.5 ft., narrow Norway Spruce pre-lit tree. Sadly we are replacing..."
- "Why did you guys screw up the photo gallery? It used to be so much nicer and user friendly. There was nothing wrong with it, but you messed it up...."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "I have now been on hold for 2 hours and 10 minutes and counting, to talk to PZ regarding wrongful charges on my account. I think you only move..."
- "After fighting for months with LTB about their inability to provide adequate customer service, I moved, asked to change address as well as species, it was one or the other,..."
- "I called Casting 360 and the lady, who probably sits in the Phillipines, (as my wife is from there and I am very savvy of the accent) was very eager..."