Portland, Oregon
100% full Resolved

Update by user Apr 07, 2015

After, threatening to contact the DOJ for CA and OR, Build.com finally honored their part of the deal.Rakuten couldn't have cared less and only directed my inquiries back to Build.com.

I will not use Rakuten for a purchase again.They didn't even seem to care.

Original review posted by user Oct 06, 2014

Purchased a kitchen sink at advertise 90% off price but received wrong sink. Sellers will not honor our contract but insist I return the sink for refund and reorder at new price. The new price is the FULL price! Both companies claim the other party is responsible. Rakuten.com even left me on hold for over 55 minutes while I waited to speak to a supervisor.

No one would stand for this treatment in a brick and mortar store and there are laws regulating 'advertised' prices. However, online retailers attempt to skirt the official contract as long as possible. Our order confirmation states the BUYER may only cancel the order prior to shipment, thus prior to the 'official' contract. In this case, we even have a 'shipment notification' but the seller wants to retain the right to cancel the order after the time which they would grant the buyer to do so.

We need online business regulation in this country!

Review about: Kitchen Sink.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss wrong product delivered and refund not a sufficient remedy / $3000
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Rakuten?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion