100% full Not resolved

Aston is owned by RAIT Residential, which boasts a BBB rating of 'F' on a scale of A+ to F.

Factors that affect the rating for Rait Residential include:

Length of time business has been operating

9 complaint(s) filed against business

Failure to respond to 9 complaint(s) filed against business

Citation: http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/property-management/rait-residential-in-chicago-il-88705672/

-While the buildings are new, corners have clearly been cut:

-AC units are 'economy' class with active recalls in effect.

-Electrical infrastructure is suspect, with a 18 month old 1200A breaker box's terminals melting this summer, forcing the town to shut off power to a 24 unit building for more than a day in mid August. Complaints regarding the issue were filed 8 months prior, with no action taken by Aston.

-Costs incurrent due unhabitable living conditons exceeded $700. A $100 Target gift card was offered by RAIT corporate. An itemized expense list was provided to RAIT corporate, accompanied by an assertion that a $100 Target gift card was an insulting gesture. There was no further communication from RAIT/Aston Apartments.

-Business practices are predatory--Rent renewal offer was given with an increase in excess of 30% for the same 10 month term--this offer arrived 3 days prior to the deadline for written notice to vacate (60 days)--if that deadline is missed, the lease can be extended by a month--for a greater than 70% increase in rent.

-Time Warner services are 'bundled,' billed by the complex, mandatory, and marked up significantly. Requests to discuss this issue received no response, neither from TWC's representative, nor RAIT Residential

-Management will invite residents to come 'have a discussion,' but refuses to discuss any issues in writing.

Review about: Rait Residential Aston Apartment Homes.

I liked: Maintenance people.

I didn't like: Office staff are very unprofessional, Electrical arcing, High traffic volume, Corporate irresponsibility, Veiled threats for disclosing intent to publish negative reviews.

1.4
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Victemized / $750
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Rait Residential?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.