Queens Family Dental - Got teeth? Want assault, harassment, fraud?

1 of 1 Queens Family Dental reviews

The dental staff from ***! In my 61 years, I've never experienced a front desk staff so abusive or sociopathic. From refusing to make an appointment for an emergency (Elisamay assumed I missed an appointment because their office neglected to remove an appointment I didn't need from their calendar) to Sima's refusal to make an necessary appointment to remove some stitches for a pulled front tooth that their own periodonist said MAY NOT need to be pulled. From Elisamay's constantly calling and harassing me to drive 4 days for an appointment for a crown fitting and then, when I got to NYC, not being able to fit me in for 10 days and, when I finally got in to see them, I was told that the dentist DIDN'T LIKE the way the crown fit and how long was I going to live in my car, in 20 degree weather, with my dog?

And while I was living in NY in 20 degree weather with my dog waiting for the appointment I didn't need, I fell down a sewer, severely injuring the whole left side of my body. Unable to leave the dog in the car alone for hours while I went to the emergency room, I couldn't receive medical attention. When I finally got someplace where I had a roof over my head weeks later, I spent 6 months in bed, unable to move. When I could move and went to a chiropractor, I found that my neck, mid-back and lower back discs were now fused, an irreversible condition. I'm still, one year later, seeing a chiropractor 3 times a week, at an average cost of $50/visit and will probably be required to do so for many years, if not for the rest of my life.

And that's only the front desk abuse. Despite going there every 2 months for new Invisalign trays, no one noticed I had serious gum disease issues. Almost one year after having 2 teeth pulled and paying almost $4,000 in November and December 2014 for a bridge that I still hadn't received, another periodontist quoted me $10,000 to solve my periodontal issues and then FIRED ME as a patient because my condition was so serious.

I called Queens Family Dental to try to get my $4,000 back as I was told that all my teeth were loose and I'd have no teeth in a few years. Although I lived almost 600 miles away, Queens Family Dental insisted I come in. (And with my aching back it took 2 days each way and for financial reasons, had to sleep in the car the whole time.)

Instead of giving my my money back I was convinced to pay $10,000 for 4 dental implants. The dentist refused to answer whether the periodontal work was included and promised to pay half of a "reasonable" hotel room for the 2 weeks it would take to pull a bunch of teeth, get periodontal work done and the 4 implants. The reality was I ended up driving to Newport, RI to get a "reasonably" priced hotel (I haven't seen a penny), drive back 6 days later for a periodontal evaluation and, while I was sitting in the chair to start the work, handed a loan agreement for another $3,000. The periodontist said not to have any teeth pulled until the end of the periodontal work. Elisamay, the office manager, said they were pulling every tooth they said they would pull. (The 4 appointments, which took about 15 minutes each, were over a 2-3 month period, which required 4 1,200-mile round trips to NYC.) After my front tooth was pulled, weeks later the periodontal assistant told me to make an appointment to have the stitches removed. I asked SIMA for an appointment; she said she'd call me. I said that I lived 600 miles away and that I didn't want to spend 4 days driving to have them removed. She reiterated that they would call me; apparently my medical care and discomfort (the knot was irritating the roof of my mouth) was of no concern to her. (See dictionary definition of sociopath.)

After the last periodontal appointment (early December 2015), I was given another appointment 2 months later for a "re-evaluation" and a CAT scan, as the periodontist said that I might not be a candidate for implants. I mentioned this to Elisamay and the fact that both the periodontist and another dentist had mentioned that just because the last top and bottom molar were pulled didn't mean I had to replace them. Elisamay stated that "they would put in every implant they said they would!" What I wanted or needed was irrelevant.

Fed up with the abuse of Elisamay and Sima, I saw another dentist and periodontist where I'm currently staying. I was informed that it would be impossible to put implants in the top because there isn't any bone there, just empty space. And the only implant to go in the bottom is unnecessary because it's at the back and the top tooth is also missing.

Where am I now? Out $13,000, which the credit card company won't refund because the dentist apparently claimed I received the services and the credit card company (H3 WellnessPlus) claims that any issues about the "quality" of service should be taken up with the dentist.

$400/month for 3 years for a crown and 4 implants that I still haven't received and may not be a candidate for, plus

$600/month for chiropractic treatments for the rest of my life for the injuries sustained while living in my car for an unnecessary appointment.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
extremely poor customer service, bordering on criminal and more
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Queens Family Dental Service
Review category
Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
review #807720 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Queens Family Dental? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Queens Family Dental reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.