Queen City Auto Sales - QUEEN CITY GOT MY MONEY, BUT, THE BEEMERs STILL RUNNING FUNNY!
While driving my newly purchased used 2004 BMW 525i home from the dealership (Queen City Auto Sales, 704-333-8550) on 02/21/2014 I noticed that the car was hesitating and that there was a smell of gas/oil. I called them immediately and was told the car was too low on gas; that I was paranoid and the smell was due to car sitting in back of dealership. Within the same week the car was shaking and big clouds of white smoke were coming out the back filling up the parking lot. I informed Mohammed of the continuing issues and of the “Check Engine/Check Control” messages being displayed. The owner, Mohamed said not to worry about anything, he would take care of me like a sister and that no matter how much or how little I paid for a car, I have the right to have a car that runs well. I said I just don’t want to be taken advantage of.
They sent me to Alex (704-900-0946), the guy who works on all their cars and told me he would fix the car. The car was towed to Alex on 03/13/2014 and I was charged $450.00 ($70.00 for towing), which I gave to Sam in the dealership. Alex told them I worry too much. I was told that the repairs were completed on 04/02/2014. I was not given a written estimate before the work was done. Neither was I given a breakdown of the charges at the time that I paid the repair bill. I asked Alex to fax the invoice to the dealership. He told me to come by and pick it up and he would explain everything to me.
Within one week of picking up the car it started to exhibit the exact same issues. I asked Alex what the warranty on his work was and he said one year. He also said I could take him to court if I wanted to. Later, I left 2 or 3 messages for Alex trying to coordinate a time to drop the car off to be repaired again, because I work two jobs, but, have not yet received a return call. Finally, I left a message for Mohamed to give me Alex’s last name and business name. I have not received an email or return call. I called my auto insurance company to make sure I had road-side assistance coverage because the car seemed like it would cut off at any moment.
Queen City has opened a new location on Independence Blvd. I mention this because Alex said to me that he does a lot of work for Queen City Auto Sales. They want him to get the cars in and out quickly. They want him to fix only obvious issues that the customer cares most about and can check quickly - like the radio and heat/air.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2004 Bmw 525I
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Go anywhere but Henry Day Ford! We purchased a new 2013 F350 truck with service plan. We took it in for its 5000 mile service and were told the next..."
- "I spent hours on the phone with three salesmen, two so-called sales managers (or was one a so-called customer service specialist) was told "We will get back to you in..."
- "I have had several rvs this one was the most expensive one I paid over a quarter of a million dollars for this new and it is so cheaply made..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer.So here's the..."
- "Before I get into my review of my experience with Preview Models, I would first like to be one of the first to step out from behind the veil of..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."