Puig Usa - Puig Windscreens suck
Update added by user Oct 27
The XDiavel Sport windscreen comes with bolts that are too short to be safe.These bolts hold the handlebars to the motorcycle, and WILL fail.
The bracket also interferes with access to the rear bolts, making it impossible to torque them properly.
Puig customer support is ignoring the problem. I have written several letters to them alerting them to this unsafe condition. I have also learned that it is COMMON, there are many complaints about it on the Ducati Diavel forum.
All say the same, PUIG ignores them.
HORRIBLE engineering.HORRIBLE customer service.
Original review posted by user Oct 26
I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel instead of the OEM stainless that must come off.
Also, you cannot get a socket or torque wrench on the back bolts, they are directly under their own bracket. HORRIBLE DESIGN!!! And now I am stuck with it, because I am NOT paying $50+ to ship it back to Italy to get back $128 of what will now be a $210 cost with both shipping expenses.
I contacted Puig USA to see if they had a remedy, and they told me to go back to the reseller for new bolts. NOT HAPPENING! Italy! They wouldn't pay the return shipping for a flawed product, they sure as *** aren't sending me bolts.
And it wouldn't fix the design flaw that prohibits access to the rear bolts for tightening anyway. Just AVOID this product until they Fix Their Stuff.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Do not address problems with their products
You May Also Like
- "The short version is : Steve Nemish, the owner of No Mar Tire Changers, came to my home to show my how to use their Pro model machine and..."
- "Ive purchased several tires from best used in the past, as I am a rural mail carrier and go through a lot of tires. In April I purchased a set..."
- "I first went to www.carid.com to price wheels. I saw that their wheels were reasonable priced so I decided to purchased 4 wheels with rims. They first gave me a..."
- " i recently brought those jeans and as you can see they have a rip in them that i did not notice and the would not take them back even..."
- "My mum bought LG Leon H345 at TMobile 82nd St Jackson Heights NY at brand new price. She did not check the phone because she bought it in good faith...."
- "TRUE FACTS: Since the beginning Origami Owl Fraudulently has sued and harassed companies/people in the USA and outside of the USA. These poor people could have had a fight if they..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."
- "I have just resolved a month-long battle to get my (partially) repaired phone returned. • I accepted Elite’s quote for repair on 03/11 and on 04/11 delivered it to the local..."