Update by user Oct 27, 2016

The XDiavel Sport windscreen comes with bolts that are too short to be safe.These bolts hold the handlebars to the motorcycle, and WILL fail.

The bracket also interferes with access to the rear bolts, making it impossible to torque them properly.

Puig customer support is ignoring the problem. I have written several letters to them alerting them to this unsafe condition. I have also learned that it is COMMON, there are many complaints about it on the Ducati Diavel forum.

All say the same, PUIG ignores them.

HORRIBLE engineering.HORRIBLE customer service.

Original review posted by user Oct 26, 2016

I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel instead of the OEM stainless that must come off.

Also, you cannot get a socket or torque wrench on the back bolts, they are directly under their own bracket. HORRIBLE DESIGN!!! And now I am stuck with it, because I am NOT paying $50+ to ship it back to Italy to get back $128 of what will now be a $210 cost with both shipping expenses.

I contacted Puig USA to see if they had a remedy, and they told me to go back to the reseller for new bolts. NOT HAPPENING! Italy! They wouldn't pay the return shipping for a flawed product, they sure as *** aren't sending me bolts.

And it wouldn't fix the design flaw that prohibits access to the rear bolts for tightening anyway. Just AVOID this product until they Fix Their Stuff.

Review about: Puig Sport Windscreen.

I didn't like: Do not address problems with their products.

1.7
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Puig Usa Ducati Windshield
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $185
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Puig Usa?

Comments

Why would you buy from eBay in Italy? Geez, you can get these from Revzilla. Tuff luck.