Puig Usa - Puig Windscreens suck
Update added by user Oct 27, 2016
The XDiavel Sport windscreen comes with bolts that are too short to be safe.These bolts hold the handlebars to the motorcycle, and WILL fail.
The bracket also interferes with access to the rear bolts, making it impossible to torque them properly.
Puig customer support is ignoring the problem. I have written several letters to them alerting them to this unsafe condition. I have also learned that it is COMMON, there are many complaints about it on the Ducati Diavel forum.
All say the same, PUIG ignores them.
HORRIBLE engineering.HORRIBLE customer service.
Original review posted by user Oct 26, 2016
I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel instead of the OEM stainless that must come off.
Also, you cannot get a socket or torque wrench on the back bolts, they are directly under their own bracket. HORRIBLE DESIGN!!! And now I am stuck with it, because I am NOT paying $50+ to ship it back to Italy to get back $128 of what will now be a $210 cost with both shipping expenses.
I contacted Puig USA to see if they had a remedy, and they told me to go back to the reseller for new bolts. NOT HAPPENING! Italy! They wouldn't pay the return shipping for a flawed product, they sure as *** aren't sending me bolts.
And it wouldn't fix the design flaw that prohibits access to the rear bolts for tightening anyway. Just AVOID this product until they Fix Their Stuff.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Do not address problems with their products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a used 5.9l dodge ram engine that was advertised on their website picture on a pallet very clean with 70,000 miles(was supposed to be an actual picture..."
- "My husband has had this HORRIBLE device for 8 months now in his truck. It has caused problems almost the whole time it's been installed.He has a 2013 Ram Quad..."
- "My Steel Werner attic ladder, model S2210 broke while I was 6' up throwing me to the concrete floor. The web shows multiple instances of this ladder breaking exactly..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "My mum bought LG Leon H345 at TMobile 82nd St Jackson Heights NY at brand new price. She did not check the phone because she bought it in good faith...."
- "There is so many things wrong with this fifth wheel bought New 2013, Heartland Silverado 37QB. just to name a few window's leak framework is terrible screws were not..."
- "BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY THEIR GARBAGE!! This is is horrible fake, lying, sham of a company!! They steal copyrighted photos of other designer's clothing that is not theirs..."