Publishers Clearing House - False Prize Announcement

36 of 397 Publishers Clearing House reviews

Friday night 9/16/16, about 1130, I got a pop-up window announcing that I was the "VIP Grand Prize Winner" in the amount of $10,000.00.12 Hours later I received an email from Customer Service "We Apologize for Our Mistake," informing ME (a female) that my name had been inserted into the announcement & sent to ME by mistake because they had "mistaken" me for a MAN in California.

The email was vague about what they actually did, it was dismissive and condescending and literally brushed off MY win for his. Little do they know I took a digital picture of that pop-up and am filing numerous charges against them for this, since they appear to be stonewalling me about communicating with me!

I placed a copy on the PC & kept the original on the camera card to PROVE I did NOT alter this thing.I want my 10K CHECK and a PUBLIC APOLOGY from these people!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
How would YOU feel if someone lied to you about $10K???
Preferred solution:
I WANT my $10,000.00 Prize check AND an apology!
Monetary loss:
Product or service
False Grand Prize Announcement
Review category
Entertainment
review #920778

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Publishers Clearing House? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
36 of 397 Publishers Clearing House reviews

Jan 04 #1265440 Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

I absolutely hate that PCH gives money away on The a Price is Right! I have been entering PCH contest since 1975! I have actually won $5.00 from them which is more than most! I believe that when you enter, your entry is assigned a number. So why are these people walking away with $20,000.00 each? Cheap advertising? I will probably go to my grave waiting for them to knock on my door! Good thing I like some of the items they sell. I do order at times. Otherwise, I would stop waisting my time.

Oct 02, 2016 #1221656 Dallas, Texas, United States

A pop up?
So, how did they know who you are by just sending a pop up?
Sounds more as though folks were phishing for personal information.

First Born Triplet

Sep 30, 2016 #1220471 Ontario, Canada

Same thing happened to me sort of, I got an email saying that someone wanted to sell me a bridge in Brooklyn. Never got the bridge. Paid lots of money never got the bridge.

1 0 Reply

Sep 23, 2016 #1217251 Sanford, Maine, United States

same thing but they said it was sent in error and was for a female in Florida i think its a scam i would not use PCH to win anything as even if you win something they will not allow you

devdottdolla

Sep 19, 2016 #1214938 Overland Park, Kansas, United States

I had the same issue I commented above but I need this fixed also was told it was a glitch but we seem to be the only two can't find any other people who has this issue

Sep 19, 2016 #1214929 Overland Park, Kansas, United States

How can I do the same this ask harm to me my name is Devon white unable to log in on this site but I can be found on twitter @devdottdolla please if you can help me also

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.