Protection One - Predatory practices, unclear contract, nothing in writing - Protection 1 Alarm Co.

2 of 113 Protection One reviews

I just got off a 30 min.phone call with Protection 1 because a $260 extra charge appeared on my account for "services performed" and "additional equipment".

When I first signed up on the phone, the deal was instead of a FOB I'd get light sensors --which by the way are always breaking down. Now, 6 months later, they are charging me for the sensors. When a local rep came from Riverside, CA to fix the sensors, I remember signing some papers, which is where they are saying the charges are coming from. On the phone call I asked to see a copy - they sent me a copy of the rep's signature but not mine.

Finally got that waived. I also had auto-pay which I now no longer want to have. The phone rep claimed that in my original deal it was included in the $49.99 fee but if I remove it, i'll be charged $2/mo. I demanded to see where that is and I've only ever agreed to pay $49.99 a month and I refuse to pay an extra $2.

She 'waived' that too.

I DO NOT TRUST THEM.I don't have a copy of my contract, I've asked in the past, but never got one.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Home Security
review #997155

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Protection One? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 113 Protection One reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.