I Chewed into a BUG in my Light Savory Vegetable Barley Progresso soup at lunch today in my office.
I opened a can of Progresso soup and poured it into my white ceramic soup mug with the handle. I warmed it for 3 minutes in the company microwave and sat at a community table with another co-worker to eat. I consumed about a fourth of the soup when I found myself crunch into something very hard with sharp edges. I thought it would be some hard greens or something! I spit it out into a white napkin, and discovered black or very dark brown wings (about a half inch long), one was still attached to the crunched body of an insect showing signs of the guts squishing out of all sides, and a noticeable antenna from the head. At first I tried to talk myself through it by telling myself that people in other countries actually eat bugs on purpose. Then I dug the can out of the trash and called the 1-800 # and made my formal complaint. The very nice lady took the serial numbers etc from the can and told me how sorry she was that this happened. She told me someone would contact me in about 3 weeks and probably offer me some product certificates, if I want them. After I hung up, I started feeling very queezy and ran into the restroom to rinse my mouth and yak up a few particles of my lunch. As I am writing this, I still feel the urge to yak. Trying to fight it! Good thing I have a bottle of mouthwash handy. I just don't think I will ever be able to eat canned soup again, from anywhere! I want to report this to the dept of health or the FDA but can;t seem to get a contact information on Google!
Oh,well! I better just move on!
Sick to my stomach,
Buffalo, NY 14206
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Food Quality
- Review category
- Food Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›