Bob Bates & Progressive Properties will steal your money!
Bob Bates runs a pretty good racket. He lives in Virginia, but has a second "location" (really just a rented desk in someone else's mortgage office) in Baltimore, MD. He has a detailed website listing all of the wonderful services his "company" offers to home owners looking for a property manager to handle the rental of their home. Don't believe it!
Bob Bates, under the guise of Progressive Properties, will get your personal accounts transferred into his name, harass your tenants, charge you obscene amounts of money for services (such as home inspections and maintenance) that he has quoted at much lower rates & then try to also charge your tenants for the very same services. He also either lacks math skills or is consciously running a scam, as he not once paid me the correct amount owed after collecting the rent & deducting property management & other fees. He refuses to take responsibility for his own mistakes, instead referring you to his vendors (to whom you have no relationship) for resolution. At the same time, he has his vendors under confidentiality clauses, and they refuse to give you any details of the services they rendered for fear of being sued.
When my tenants had issues needing immediate attention, Bob Bates ignored their calls & said that they did not attempt to contact him. He also ignored my multiple attempts to contact him on their behalf.
Bob Bates is only concerned with putting money in his pocket & not at all with being the "top property management company that you can rely on" as stated on his website. He still owes me nearly $2000 that he refuses to pay.
Based on my experience, I would NOT recommend this "company" to anyone looking to rent their property or to tenants looking for a place to live. Save yourself a big, BIG headache!
Doing business in VA & MD:
PO Box 395
Ashburn, VA 20146
1059 S Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21230-4007
Phone #: 443-451-5310
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Property Management
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "I wish I would have known about this company before renting from them. Viewing the house for the first time I liked it, being a first time renter with houses..."
- "I would select zero star rating if it was available. These people will lie to you, not stand by their contract with you, will allow "renters from ***" to destroy..."
- "All cited lack of performance for HOA [Home Owners Association] management continue & has retrograded from poor to untenable.Note that G3 provides HOA property management, the subject of this review...."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "This clinic removes all of the many negative comments almost immediately from its Instagram page..... but sometimes you catch one before it disappears! Nadia's comment has already vanished! Check for..."
- "Since obtaining business service internet over the past 45 days, our connection drops daily and several times during the day. I have called customer support twice to no avail. The..."
- "To whom it may concern, We have been in business for over 25 years and take pride in our excellent customer service and high Quality products. The Customer purchased an..."
- "I would like to join you in a class action against FAHW. The reason being is that they are falsely advertising what they say they cover. I closed on my house..."
- "At Walmart on Fallbrook in Woodland Hills, Ca. I have to bag my own things as the checker just stands their. The check stand in the back is..."