Bob Bates & Progressive Properties will steal your money!
Bob Bates runs a pretty good racket. He lives in Virginia, but has a second "location" (really just a rented desk in someone else's mortgage office) in Baltimore, MD. He has a detailed website listing all of the wonderful services his "company" offers to home owners looking for a property manager to handle the rental of their home. Don't believe it!
Bob Bates, under the guise of Progressive Properties, will get your personal accounts transferred into his name, harass your tenants, charge you obscene amounts of money for services (such as home inspections and maintenance) that he has quoted at much lower rates & then try to also charge your tenants for the very same services. He also either lacks math skills or is consciously running a scam, as he not once paid me the correct amount owed after collecting the rent & deducting property management & other fees. He refuses to take responsibility for his own mistakes, instead referring you to his vendors (to whom you have no relationship) for resolution. At the same time, he has his vendors under confidentiality clauses, and they refuse to give you any details of the services they rendered for fear of being sued.
When my tenants had issues needing immediate attention, Bob Bates ignored their calls & said that they did not attempt to contact him. He also ignored my multiple attempts to contact him on their behalf.
Bob Bates is only concerned with putting money in his pocket & not at all with being the "top property management company that you can rely on" as stated on his website. He still owes me nearly $2000 that he refuses to pay.
Based on my experience, I would NOT recommend this "company" to anyone looking to rent their property or to tenants looking for a place to live. Save yourself a big, BIG headache!
Doing business in VA & MD:
PO Box 395
Ashburn, VA 20146
1059 S Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21230-4007
Phone #: 443-451-5310
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Property Management
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- " An agent in the front office brags how she had 5 pit bulls removed in 4 years working here. I told her she has much more to..."
- "My wife and I recently sold our second house in 3 years through Keller Williams. The first time went pretty good, with the exception we felt at times our realtors..."
- "If you are hard-working, honest, and looking for affordable housing, BEWARE of Kingwood Lakes Apartments at 3700 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, Texas. Beware of any Adara Community in this area! They..."
- "I was a legitimate member of LinkedIn with a profile for several years, however, during the past year of 2015, they have Illegally, Purposely and Deliberately Blocked My Account with..."
- "Had candle burning in bathroom for 2 1/2 hours - smoke alarm went off. I went into bathroom to find candle engulfed in 6 inch flames. Doused with water to..."
- "I have been a great customer of Amazon.com for a very long time, it must have been at least 10+ years. I have purchased everything from little things to..."
- "At lunch time we went yo safeway to get some food. We got some beans dip and some tostitos dipping rolls to start with. What a sorprise we had when..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."
- "I recently bought a Pro-Form 225 CSE Elliptical. Once we try it we noticed how much the machine rocks. We try different surfaces, adjusting the feet and tighten up the..."