Bob Bates & Progressive Properties will steal your money!
Bob Bates runs a pretty good racket. He lives in Virginia, but has a second "location" (really just a rented desk in someone else's mortgage office) in Baltimore, MD. He has a detailed website listing all of the wonderful services his "company" offers to home owners looking for a property manager to handle the rental of their home. Don't believe it!
Bob Bates, under the guise of Progressive Properties, will get your personal accounts transferred into his name, harass your tenants, charge you obscene amounts of money for services (such as home inspections and maintenance) that he has quoted at much lower rates & then try to also charge your tenants for the very same services. He also either lacks math skills or is consciously running a scam, as he not once paid me the correct amount owed after collecting the rent & deducting property management & other fees. He refuses to take responsibility for his own mistakes, instead referring you to his vendors (to whom you have no relationship) for resolution. At the same time, he has his vendors under confidentiality clauses, and they refuse to give you any details of the services they rendered for fear of being sued.
When my tenants had issues needing immediate attention, Bob Bates ignored their calls & said that they did not attempt to contact him. He also ignored my multiple attempts to contact him on their behalf.
Bob Bates is only concerned with putting money in his pocket & not at all with being the "top property management company that you can rely on" as stated on his website. He still owes me nearly $2000 that he refuses to pay.
Based on my experience, I would NOT recommend this "company" to anyone looking to rent their property or to tenants looking for a place to live. Save yourself a big, BIG headache!
Doing business in VA & MD:
PO Box 395
Ashburn, VA 20146
1059 S Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21230-4007
Phone #: 443-451-5310
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Property Management
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "I received my written notice of my lease expiration and pending rent increase when and if I renew my lease in October. My current base rent is $1,454.00..."
- "They knew about the leaking roof and covered it up with paint. After I moved in, I found the leaking roof to be so significant. The ridge vent was to..."
- "THIS IS AN ACTUAL EMAIL SENT TO CORPORATE MANAGEMENT! THEY OFFERED ME $1000 TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT ABOUT THE DEPLORABLE CONDITIONS...OBVIOUSLY i DID NOT ACCEPT! "We stated our intentions..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "Watch out when buying from joshhydler.com (joshhydler on Instagram.) I placed my order Sept. 24, 2016 for a simple necklace and the proceeds were supposed to be donated to a..."
- "Do not eat at Taco Bell. We purchased food at the Taco Bell in the inland empire and after taking two bites out of our bean and cheese burrito we..."
- "I was a legitimate member of LinkedIn with a profile for several years, however, during the past year, they have Illegally, Purposely and Deliberately Blocked My Account with NO HONEST..."