Pro Dunk Hoops Review – DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
I recently bought a Pro Dunk Hoop, and the powder coat is already faulty. I even upgraded to their rust armor. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! Even the less expensive Goalrilla and Spalding I see in my neighborhood have better powder coat. As you read the Pro Dunk Hoop reviews on their website they are overwhelming positive. They do a good job screening the reviews as confirmed by my own review not making it on their website. Secondly, I was able to find some Pro Dunk complaints similar to my issue from customers on Amazon and Yelp that also mention that their reviews were also omitted from the Pro Dunk website. I also attached screen shots of these additional Pro Dunk reviews, and included links below to the actual posts.
My basketball goal already has the powder coat coming off from the steel in a very short time. What is the point of an expensive product if it has a very poor finish? Did I mention I upgraded to their rust armor? When I called Pro Dunk they said to apply some black spray paint, and the warranty does not cover cosmetic issues. I would expect more from a company that advertises to be in business for 30 years. Actually, when I saw how they advertised their 30+ years of business I felt comfortable buying something this expensive online site unseen. After researching this company some more, I realized they are nothing more than a father and his sons selling hoops from their house. The attached google maps link looks like they have a storage shed they store the hoops in. It is easy to make the 30 year business claim when you operate from a storage shed located at your house.
I wish I had found these reviews earlier prior to making my purchase. The Pro Dunk reviews on Amazon even have ADDITONAL customer comments written below the primary review validating and confirming they had the same issue. RUSTING PARTS BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX WITH RUST ARMOR!
FYI… To see all of the Pro Dunk reviews on Yelp you have to EXPAND the review posted on 6/5/2014 and click “read more”. Or you can just look at the attached screen shot I included that already has it expanded.
If you buy from Pro Dunk Hoops and have issues be prepared for excuses and no help. Hopefully this information will help someone else make a better decision than me.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor product
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Basketball Goal System
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "November 2015, I ordered a Deion Sanders jersey but received a Patriots #21 jersey for someone Ive never heard of. I never contacted anyone. July 2016, ordered another Deion Sanders..."
- "My friend purchased a Christmas present online for me so I decided to do the same. She sent me the link to the jersey she wanted and I bought it..."
- "Signed up for the NFL GAME PASS 2016 on my NFL.com account, and was put on the 14 day trial. Had this last year...no problems. When I accessed..."
- "bought my dress, it came looking nothing like i asked it was see through. I could see my butt crack and the bra cups it was cheap material and looked..."
- "Pete Meier Ahwatukee Phoenix Realtor. This review covers what I believe could pose as serious concerns about Mr. Meier's character as a Realtor. Mr. Meier is a board..."
- "My 3 orders placed at the same time were 5 DAYS LATE! The flowers were wilted, droopy, cheap and ugly! I ordered 3 Mylar "It's A Boy" balloons...."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "Total lack of communication by Builder with each other and home owner. They will tell you what you want to hear and then stall or not do it. 9 months..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."