Pro Dunk Hoops Review – DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
I recently bought a Pro Dunk Hoop, and the powder coat is already faulty. I even upgraded to their rust armor. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! Even the less expensive Goalrilla and Spalding I see in my neighborhood have better powder coat. As you read the Pro Dunk Hoop reviews on their website they are overwhelming positive. They do a good job screening the reviews as confirmed by my own review not making it on their website. Secondly, I was able to find some Pro Dunk complaints similar to my issue from customers on Amazon and Yelp that also mention that their reviews were also omitted from the Pro Dunk website. I also attached screen shots of these additional Pro Dunk reviews, and included links below to the actual posts.
My basketball goal already has the powder coat coming off from the steel in a very short time. What is the point of an expensive product if it has a very poor finish? Did I mention I upgraded to their rust armor? When I called Pro Dunk they said to apply some black spray paint, and the warranty does not cover cosmetic issues. I would expect more from a company that advertises to be in business for 30 years. Actually, when I saw how they advertised their 30+ years of business I felt comfortable buying something this expensive online site unseen. After researching this company some more, I realized they are nothing more than a father and his sons selling hoops from their house. The attached google maps link looks like they have a storage shed they store the hoops in. It is easy to make the 30 year business claim when you operate from a storage shed located at your house.
I wish I had found these reviews earlier prior to making my purchase. The Pro Dunk reviews on Amazon even have ADDITONAL customer comments written below the primary review validating and confirming they had the same issue. RUSTING PARTS BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX WITH RUST ARMOR!
FYI… To see all of the Pro Dunk reviews on Yelp you have to EXPAND the review posted on 6/5/2014 and click “read more”. Or you can just look at the attached screen shot I included that already has it expanded.
If you buy from Pro Dunk Hoops and have issues be prepared for excuses and no help. Hopefully this information will help someone else make a better decision than me.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor product
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Basketball Goal System
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I recently bought a set of used/refinished Titleist Pro V1X which were refinished by Links Choice. I bought these keeping in mind that these balls are used and not..."
- "within 2 visits to the driving range the head on the tomahawk driver cracked. Until that time it seemed to hit OK but I'm a big hitter and it..."
- "Sugar Mountain Ski resort did not warn us of hazardous conditions on the slope resulting in injury and destroyed clothing items. On Monday, 12/26/16 Garrett Ward and I went to..."
- "What I thought was a service to find out owners of phone numbers, turned out to be a call complaint website. I went there many times to look up a..."
- "DiskDigger is often a data recovery software solution for all users that recouping your deleted or prepared files through the storage media associated with your operating system, which include various..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "December 3, 2015. I had two awful experiences at car dealerships that were Costco Authorized. Earnhardt Toyota in Avondale Az and Arrowhead Toyota in Peoria AZ. Let me just start..."
- "bought my dress, it came looking nothing like i asked it was see through. I could see my butt crack and the bra cups it was cheap material and looked..."
- "Bought a box of Cella's Dark chocolate covered cherries with liquid center at a CVS. This evening I sat down with a new box of chocolate covered cherries. I picked..."