Arlington Heights, Illinois
15.2K views 168 comments

My wife and I worked in Primerica for 2 years, earned our Green Jacket (Top 150 reps in the company below Regional Vice President) and made it to Regional Manager (1 Step below RVP) only to have my RVP steal my entire team from us and force us out of the business. I always knew Primerica Financial Services (PFS) was a multi-level marketing company but that never bothered at the time. People in the company will pretend to care about you and be your friend but believe me, they don't and they aren’t. They only care about how much money you can make them. If you believe otherwise then you're just as much of a sucker as I was. It's only a matter of time before you realize this yourself and you'll quit.

If you currently work in Primerica, you don't believe anything I'm telling you right now, I understand that. They had me brainwashed too. But right now, you're better off quitting and doing something else. If you want to start a business, that's fine. Do it the right way, get a real job or career, save some money and start a REAL business. Don’t start some multi-level *** that will never work. I'm sure your upline manager has already been in your head. I used to do it to other people. I brainwashed people so that they wouldn't quit and would only listen to me. I've been farther in Primerica than most people you know. I have all the licenses and won all the company trips and did everything they said would work only to have it taken from me. And you know what? The company gives their RVP's 100% control of the office and when my team (25 people actively showing up) was taken from me, the company stood by their RVP and did nothing. I never thought he would do it to me just like you might think your RVP would never do that to you, but it happened. Do your family a favor and GET OUT while you can. I won’t say his name but I guarantee if you’ve been in PFS long enough, you've heard of him. He was on the cover of FYI magazine. (A Primerica magazine featuring the young and successful in the company)

After I left PFS it took me a year to pick up the pieces and get my career back to where it was. PFS ruined personal relationships I had with people I was close to. We were taught if people wouldn't sit down with us and listened to what we were selling then we shouldn't talk to them anymore. I taught others to do that as well. I severed numerous relationships. My RVP wanted me to buy hookers with him when we were in Mexico for his bachelor party. I'm a married man, that's not happening, even if I wasn't married. When we got back from Mexico my RVP was so afraid I was going to tell his fiancé about how many hookers he bought he started to sabotage my business. He started stealing people off my team and putting them under him and turned other people in the office against me. He was stealing overrides from me so I would quit. He had many ways he used to do it. In the end he stole $2000 worth of overrides from me when I was at my father’s bedside after he had triple bypass surgery. At that time my family really needed that money because I was taking time away from the business to take care of my father and his business affairs. My RVP also figured out ways to manipulate the system to win trips that he didn't deserve. That's how he got into FYI magazine. The guy was a total crook. I told Primerica’s home office and even his upline who are National Sales Director's. They all treated my wife and I like outcasts. They all protect their RVP's and that's that. That's one of the main flaws of the system. Your RVP can do whatever they want to you and get away with it. And if you go and complain, they just spin it back around on you and say that you're a negative person and you don't want to work. If you have worked there as long as I have you get to see how it works. It's all about manipulating people to believe whatever you want them to believe.

Listen; if you have a family, you need to GET OUT. Look at what people make below RVP. You can see what almost everyone makes in the company if you’re a member on the company’s website. It only shows the top 25 income earners but not the 1000's of others who make nothing unless you know how to look for it. Yeah, once in a while someone has a good month but then that's it. It's feast and famine. Even IF you make it to RVP, there's still no guarantee you'll make money. Once you qualify for RVP you have to give your entire team away to your upline and start all over again. You know how many RVP's the company has that make next to nothing or quit? Tons. The company doesn't talk about those people though. The odds of becoming successful in any MLM are slim to none. They sell you on this pipe dream that never comes to fruition. When you're on the inside, they keep pumping your head with all this fluff so you won't get discouraged because they know if you quit they won't make as much money. They're employing you for free!!! Don't you get it? You don't own ANYTHING until you've been an RVP that has other RVP's for at least 5 years. Otherwise it has no value. Listen, do what you want but just think about your family first! Contrary to what your RVP will tell you, the only person that has your best interests in mind is YOU! NOT THEM, YOU! So when they give you this BS about how they're looking out for you, don’t listen! You may work for Primerica now and you may not have wanted to hear what I just told you. But just remember what you just read the day you finally decide to quit. That day is inevitable and then you’ll know I was right. Good luck to you!

Review about: Business Opportunity.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $2
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Primerica?

Comments

Brian Adamz
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada #1313294

I have never heard of such bunk.....Never talk to your friends again because they wouldn't talk to you...where is your integrity and when is it that you would allow someone control your choices.

You alone are the one who did this.

Yes I have had a team stolen from me at one time in another MLM. A very evil individual destroyed my organisation. Yes it was awful.

It was a learning.

However, there are legal issues if someone does undermine my company, slanders me, or does damage to my business. I can and would sue them and take them to court. I wouldn't simply walk away.

Keep a diary of all meetings, conversations and things promised or told you. Not only of clients, but of the RVP.

To go online and tell everyone what happened to you will happen to them is nonsense. I have a man in the office I joined making $365000 a year.

I can see there are things RVPS can do to hinder a growth in a team. Knowing this means agreements need to be made in writing.

I will know all the angles prior to giving my whole heart to any business I get into. Yours is one of many reviews I am looking at.

I am in Canada and believe you are most likely in US. We are so heavily regulated here these forms of things are punishable by jail terms of long stays. Churning, Trafficking etc. What you are describing seems to fall into Traffiking.

Causing another agents people to jump ship so they can gain incomes from...

I am sorry to hear what happened to you.I will be watching and taking lots of notes.

Los Angeles, California, United States #1282016

A company in the NYSE with the most 100k six figure income and most millionaires is not a scam u broke mother *** ur all *** haters

Austin, Texas, United States #1266455

Totally a scam!

to Anonymous Los Angeles, California, United States #1268388

Yes Prime america was a scam in the 80s , PEOPLE RUN!!!!!!

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1255130

MLM is not a scam, I know people who are in mlm for 10, 20,25 years and they are making good money and investing that money.I believe that when people don't know how to manage their money and just Spent as it comes, because they think it's just going to keep coming.

Then it's their own fault no one else.Plus I have a friend at primerica who has been with the company 20 years and makes good money as a RVP

You never understood the business.Every RVP when they get Promoted gives up a replacement leg their best one.

If you only had 25 showing up you should've stayed a regional manager. You clearly do not understand the proven system Mike Sharpe made millions teaching. It's all about building RVP'S leaving and taking good replacements to buold even more RVP's all I have to do is ask how many 10k legs built did you have direct to you? If you've got 3-5 and one is give up your best leg to your RVP as a gift for your RVP promotion you should still have a 30k or 40k base shop built.

And guess what when you build your first direct RVP he gives up his best leg and so on and so forth.Wash, rinse, repeat.

Richmond, California, United States #1250204

Wow I feel so sorry for you dude..So I'm a little confused, did you work for Primerica?

Or with Primerica?Did you have to pay for your own Licenses?

SVP
Englishtown, New Jersey, United States #1240400

Seriously, You where with the company for 2 year and never read the promotion guidelines once?They are on one page and in big print.

Promotion exchange is discussed at nearly every major event.It is also not mandatory.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1229903

Who were you under?!?!?I'm in primerica and my dad and I are in our own office.

It is appalling to hear of what happened to you.

But I'm just curious as to who you were under?Cause that's total BS

Primericafacts
Woodhaven, New York, United States #1221350

Thank you for sharing. Is there a way to find out how much on average people at each level makes?