Do your research before you sign a work order with Priced Right Tree & Lawn I was contacted by the owner of the company after I put out a request on Facebook for recommendations to have a tree taken down and he was tagged by a friend of mine in the comments.The owner met me on April 19th at approximately 1:40 PM.

He gave me a bid for the work I needed done, which was reasonably priced, so I told him I wanted to get it scheduled. He told me that the work would be performed on Thursday or Friday of the following week, depending on the weather. When I signed the work order, I noted that the conditions of the work order included the following verbiage: "Fifty percent of written price due company immediately if any portion of stated work is cancelled by customer, changed, contracted to anyone else, done by anyone else, regardless of when cancelled/other. Customer acknowledges and agrees to this, and agrees that no challenges will be made should court action for enforcement be needed for this or any policy stated herein." The owner downplayed this verbiage and based on the recommendation from my friend, I was not concerned that there would be any issues, so I signed the work order.

After the owner left at 2:40 PM, I realized I had not checked on whether or not the company was licensed and insured. As I researched the information, I began to encounter a large number of negative reviews. Many of these reviews alluded to legal action being taken against customers when they attempted to cancel their work orders. Being unable to find any positive reviews, regarding the company or its services, I messaged the owner via Facebook at 3:38 PM and told him I was cancelling the order.

I also acknowledged the verbiage of his work order and asked for a total amount due. At 4:32 PM, I called the owner by phone and explained my reasons for cancelling the work order and again asked for a total amount due, based on the work order I had signed. During the evening I received two messages questioning my decision and trying to defend the issues I cited as having been the writings of disgruntled customers from the past. I was also informed that he had turned down 2 other jobs after my agreement.

I continued to request a total owed and was told to do "what I feel is right and what God would have you do." When I turned on my phone at 6:05 AM on April 20th, I recieved a message via Facebook stating that the total I owed for cancelling my work order was $417.50, 50% of the quote total. I requested an invoice for that amount and my request was questioned, citing that I should just pay off of the work order. I advised the owner that my bookkeeper would require an invoice relecting the amount due and the work performed. The company uses a work order that obligates the customer and allows no room for terminating the agreement without severe financial obligation.

Outcome: A work order scheduled for 8 days out, cancelled within 2 hours of signing cost me $417.50 without any actual work being performed.Customer beware!

Review about: Tree.

I didn't like: Cancellation policy.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy / $418
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Priced Right Tree And Lawn?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.