Pretzels - BUYER BEWARE: PRETZEL PETE GOUMET PRETZEL NUGGETS - CAUSED FOOD POISONING
I purchased a box of Pretzel Pete Sour Cream & Habanero seasoned pretzels from "Tuesday Morning". Upon opening, I noticed the outside of the pretzels had a green color - thinking it was the spices, i ate several (about 5-6). The next day i began to feel listless - with constant intestinal distress and a temperature. I consulted with a doctor, who stated he believed I had food poisoning as a result of ingesting this product, the symptoms lasting 3 days. The package contents include "sour cream powder", which upon examination evidently turned rancid. The illness was reported to the company as well as the county health department. By the time a health inspector arrived at the retail store, she was told that they had "sold out of all Pretzel Pete products". In other words, they had been notified by "Pretzel Pete", to remove and destroy the products. I was offered a "refund" or "replacement" of the product by the SB Global CEO (t/a "Pretzel Pete" . Considering the 3 days of pain and suffering experienced as a direct result of ingesting their product, I refused his paltry "offer". He turned the matter over to their insurance carrier, Nationwide Insurance Company, who promptly denied any wrong doing and refused to pay the claim. The "Pretzel Pete" company AND their insurance company were offered the product to test -- of note, both refused to test their product.
BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE - DO NOT TAKE A CHANCE WITH THIS PRODUCT -
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- rancid product caused food poisoning
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Gourmet Pretzel Nuggest
- Review category
- Food Manufacturers
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "hello I went to subway earlier today, and I began to eat my chips when I got this nasty coffee taste in my mouth, so I spit it out. After..."
- "We purchased a jar of Tostitos Queso Blanco Dip from Hannaford Supermarket in New Hampshire two days ago and after opening it and pouring some out we realized there was..."
- "Daughter found a jellyfish figure in tea after too days of refrigeration. Now is having allergic reactions.. Whats really in this stuff please bring all comments forward i am getting..."
- "I, too, fell for the wonderful deal and purchased two tangerine Rockport adirondack chairs along with the tangerine round folding table on 29 June 2016. I followed the the..."
- "I ordered a beautiful upholstered bed from Wayfair and it was great until I kept waking up to bites on my arms. I thought I might have been allergic to..."
- "I normally take my Bella to a privately owned groomer in Silver Spring, MD. However they were extremely busy, plus they charge $75 for any size dog. Bella really needed..."
- "My daughter calls me tonight stating that UDS delivered a package to our home, "between the 2 doors" on, I believe, 11/30/16. I look between the 2 doors and of..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."