Presidential Auto Leasing And Sales - Purchased a 2011 Audi R8 for $110,000.00. Seller cashed check but never received title or registration. Dealer was not authorized to sell car.
On 01-10-2015 I have purchased a 2011 Audi R8 at Presidential Auto Leasing and Sales. Dealer requested full payment of $110,000.00 in order to issue Bill-of-Sale. Mark Fentress (General Manager) promised to forward title, registration and key as soon as check cleared. About 3 weeks later money was already cleared, I have still not received any of aforesaid documents to be able to properly register the car. On the attempt to get a hold of him he hung-up the phone several times until I finally got a hold of him. I gave him a dead-line until January 31, 2015 to fulfill the contractual requirements and he forwarded a confirmation email (see attached) which states "Per our conversation, according to the state, our title runner will bring it from the state at approx. 12-1pm tomorrow, we’ll assign it to you, give it back to them. They will wait for it, take it back with them and process it in Tallahassee and it is supposed to be back in our office, early Friday afternoon. At that point we’ll get that and the key in an overnight package and delivered to you".
To this day I have never received anything and on the attempt to call his office to figure out the status he yelled at me "*** file a lawsuit and see who wins" and he hung up again.
After research the history as well as the dealer itself I have found several complaints of similar situations and also figured out the dealer had no authorization to sell this car as he was not in the possession of a certificate of title which is against the provisions of the Florida Statute, which states "For each used motor vehicle in the possession of a licensee and offered for sale by him or her, the licensee either shall have in his or her possession or control a duly assigned certificate of title from the owner in accordance with the provisions of chapter 319, from the time when the motor vehicle is delivered to the licensee and offered for sale by him or her [...]"
I have consulted an attorney for this case and will file a lawsuit to pursue the refund of the stolen $110,000.00 plus all applicable attorneys’ fees and damages occurred to me.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Title
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "WFG agents trick and cheat you. Then they recruit you and teach you how to trick and cheat other people. Seriously guys. Thats how it goes there. Why do I..."
- "Hey it's me Liquid. I was given this in response to my "You are a pyramid" accusation. They claimed that "Why would Nationwide slap their name with World Financial Group..."
- "I ended buy buying over $200,000 in silver bars from Apmex late last year and early this yerar, after about $75,000 to $100,000 in purchases I was called and sought..."
- "On December 4th of 2014 I had entered an agreement with Elite Simulation Solutions to purchase a flight simulator in the amount of 173,000.00 USD. Prior to the purchase of..."
- "Received a solicitation call last November for a $68 mobile automobile detailing special. It was the worse detailing and customer service I've ever experienced. The detailer obviously didn't..."
- "Was a Florida Verizon customer. Internet is working properly, but no TV service and no information about my account on the Frontier web site. Attempt to connect to subscribed channels..."
- "I purchased a Natuzzi sectional at Macy's 7 months ago. Within about 4 months the cushions started collapsing and the leather wrinkling. Where the recliner lays back it began rubbing..."
- "I purchased a new home in May of 2016 from this builder in Indianola Iowa. The home itself was beautiful and they did an overall great job. I did not..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."