Mike Durrant dba Precision Concrete of Delaware
MIKE PLEASE WE ARE BEGGING YOU PLEASE GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK. I WILL PAY THE POSTAGE!!!! WE REALLY NEED IT I HAVE 3 SMALL CHILDREN.
I paid Mike Durrant of Precision Concrete of Delaware close to $2,000 for a concrete job. A basketball pad for my 6 year-old to play on.
After months of no progress and poor communication I decided to go with someone closer to home. He said he would "refund" my deposit. This was June 28th. Well here is it July 25th and guess what. . .no money.
Of course the weather played a part in the delay and I understand things happened, but the bottom line is this guy still has my money after we agreed he would return it. I mean how hard is it to simply write a check and mail it.
At one point there was a medical situation as per a text message. Well my wife is s doctor in Wilmington and checked the hospitals, no Michael Durrant.. Just saying...
Below is a timeline. Not every communication is here but it gives the general idea.
4/26/13 - I paid Mike Durrant of Precision Concrete of Delaware $1,900 for a concrete job; a basketball pad for my 6 year-old to play on.
After months of no progress and poor communication I decided to go with someone closer to home. He said he would "refund" my deposit. This was June 28th. Well here is it July 26th and I have yet to receive my money
Of course the weather played a part in the delay and I understand things happened, but the bottom line is this guy still has my money after we agreed he would return it.
Below is a time line of events:
4/13/13 – received contract from Mike Durrant dba Precision Concrete of Delaware detailing work to be complete.
4/26/13 – Mike visited my home to take measurements. I provided Mike with a check for $1,900 and he cashed it that day.
5/?/13 – Mike said he had a truck coming the next day, but I told him the job could not be complete because the ground was too wet from the rain. He even said we should wait 3 days for the ground to dry out so this made no sense as to why he had a truck set to come the day after rain.
6/1/13 – Called Mike since I had not heard from him and got cut off. He texted me saying he was in a “bad area” and would call me the next day when he got home. He did not call me.
6/9/13 – Sent a text asking where we stand with the job, - no response.
6/10/13 - sent an email asking about the job. I also called Mike, I think more than once from my phone on this day and he did not answer.
6/11/13 - I used my wife’s phone and left a message. He called back my wife’s phone and said the job was still on his radar. I was satisfied with that; I just wanted to know the job would get done. He said he was on a job In VA.
6/20/13 – I sent Mike an email indicating the weather was good to see if he might be able to do something. – no response. Later that day I sent another email asking if he could get the job done during the next stretch of clear weather. – No response.
6/21/13 – I sent Mike another email early in the morning asking when the job done. He replied and said he was “looking to see” what day the following week. I waited all day with no response. At this point, I got the feeling the job would not get done anytime soon. I felt he might be waiting for another job in the area so it would be more cost effective to complete my job. I then decided it would be best for me to get my money back so I sent an email requesting my money back at 9:39 pm.
I did not hear anything from Mike and my check never arrived. There was no communication.
6/27/13 – My wife called Mike and he told her he was on vacation and the phone connection was cut off.
6/28/13 – requested my money back via email and voicemail again.
6/28/13 – This was a Friday. Mike said he would put the check in the mail on Monday, July 1st. (not sure why he couldn’t just write a check and drop it in the mail Saturday)
7/5/13 – Still had not received check, sent a text message. Someone claiming to be Mike’s wife said he was admitted to the hospital Sunday 6/30 with pneumonia and he had to have surgery on 7/5 to re-inflate a lung. (my wife is a doctor in Wilmington and occasionally works at Christiana hospital. She called the hospital and was informed that no one by the name Michael Durrant was registered there.) it is possible this surgery could have taken place at another facility, but would seem odd since Christiana is the closest hospital to Bear, DE and a collapsed lung is a big deal. The person responding to my texts said he/she would talk to Mike that night or the morning of 7/6/13.
7/6/13 – Did not receive any communication from Mike or the person claiming to be his wife and no response to a text I sent at 5:17pm.
7/7/13 – Sent text and email asking where my money is. – no response.
From 7/7/13 – at this point, I have sent numerous text messages and an email most with no response. The few responses I have received have been small phase excuses such as “workin’ on it”.
7/12 – Left one final voice mail, text and email to explain I needed to have my money by Tuesday July 23. I offered to pay for the postage to have the money sent over night.
7/26 – No communication from Precision Concrete and I have not receive my money.
I think this guy thinks I am wealthy and will just write this off.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Concrete Job
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "I placed nearly 5K down in form of check that was cashed 2 days later on vinyl siding job promised to be done by Christmas. Cash down was expected in..."
- "800notes.com has not been honest with everyone. It has come to our attention that they have a hidden, private section buried within their normal forum which is used to spy..."
- "I sold an authentic Chanel bag on tradesy. It was authenticated by my poupette. I am a reputable seller on ebay. The buyer returned it accusing it being fake. Tradesy..."
- "This is portions of a letter I sent Disney they refuse to respond to : Trouble started from go! I booked our entire trip on your online Disney go site. It..."
- "I went to get my hair colored the same color of my highlights and by the time she was finished my hair was white, silver, and an off blonde. Yet..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "I recently bought a Pro-Form 225 CSE Elliptical. Once we try it we noticed how much the machine rocks. We try different surfaces, adjusting the feet and tighten up the..."