Do Not Rent From Powers Properties
Powers Properties is the greediest, cheapest, worst company I have ever dealt with. Powers Properties will do anything and everything in its power to keep from spending money to keep residents safe. Powers Properties is headquartered at 3091 S Cashua Dr, Florence, SC 29501. Reach Powers Properties by telephone at (843) 667-4900. Do not waste your time trying to call with an after hours maintenance emergency, because Powers Properties does not have a working phone number for after hours emergency maintenance.
If you rent from Powers Properties, you will be subjected to unsafe conditions, unsanitary conditions, run-down buildings, outrageously high rent for the quality, trash everywhere, rude, lazy, incompetent staff, and incompetent, lazy maintenance workers. There is no after hours or weekend maintenance at Powers Properties. If you have a problem with your Powers Properties apartment, it will not get fixed. A member of Powers Properties staff personally threatened me with rent increases, eviction, and legal action I complained about the terrible conditions and poor value of the apartment I rent from Powers Properties.
Every weekend, the trash piles up into a mountain in front of the trash compacter. Powers Properties is too cheap and greedy to provide adequate garbage disposal for its residents. There is one compacter for an apartment complex consisting of hundreds of apartments. Instead of doing something proactive to solve the problem, the staff insists that residents must not put their trash on the ground in front of the compacter. Instead, you are supposed to take the garbage back to your apartment and keep it there until such time as the trash mountain in front of the compacter is cleaned up. Leasing office staff even told me that they call the police on people who leave their trash in front of the compacter! Living here is a nightmare.
By the way, do you ever want to use the dishwasher AND take a hot or warm shower on the same day? Not at Powers Properties apartments, you can't! The hot water heater isn't big enough. Plan your chores accordingly.
One day I came home from work and my throat immediately constricted and I began coughing. There was a note from the staff stating that they came in my apartment (while I was away, without the required notice, and without my permission) and sprayed a chemical poison called Phantom in my kitchen, which is where I cook and store my food! I was having trouble breathing, so I immediately went to the emergency clinic, where the doctor gave me a steroid shot. That night, I had to try to sleep with the balcony door and windows open, with the ceiling fans on, and my air filter on turbo to try to deal with the poison smell, which was still bothering me.
There is mold and mildew in my air heating / cooling system, but since Powers Properties is too cheap to pay for maintenance on weekends, I do not know when (or if) this problem will be fixed. Shameful!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- I do not like anything about powers properties
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Powers Properties Rental
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "Moss motto 'Your home is our business' should be follow by 'It will cost you until you leave' because your home is clearly not yours but theirs & you are..."
- "Do NOT rent From Brooklawn Norse Apartments in Brooklawn, NJ!Slumlords all the way! Had to wait 2 weeks after moving in before I received a lease, told me I could..."
- "I have had the most horrific experience with this company. I really hope that Mr. Morgan himself reads this post so he knows how his residents are treated. ..."
- "I am writing because lately everytime I buy ritz crackers and opened the pkg they just fall apart lots of crumbs I am considering not purchasing them anymore as I..."
- "I hired Julie Murphy at to plan a destination wedding at Storybook Barn in Sough Carolina, she was fired fired the venue and never returned our deposit. She has done..."
- "CALL A FLORIST DIRECTLY! A REAL ONE!! This is what happens to your order with Wesley Berry. Notice the cost... and bear in mind that you wind up paying twice..."
- "I purchased a Kenmore gas range from Sears.com.Bought it on Black Friday 11-24-16. First, pay someone to pick it up for me in the store because I don't own a..."
- "This website market's as an Australian website but it's managed by Systematic Trade Ltd in the U.K. No contact information or clear disclosure. They have 4 consistent "winners' who I..."
- "This company offers drop shipping on their sites so you can sell their items on e-Bay.com and the items never sells, all crappy stuff. You call them to cancel and..."