Verified Reviewer

1.2

Update by user Jun 10, 2021

It is now 6/10/21. I brought this case to the attention of BBB (Better Bureau for Business).

They contacted Powerpack. On 5/25 they responded to them and told them that they had given me an alternate date, and had called me to offer me a partial refund. I responded to them to please give me the proof in writing of that alternative date and also please let me know date, time, telephone number, person who supposedly called me and the monetary refund amount that was offered, because I did not have a record of any of it.

I have not heard from them since. In short, case is not resolved.

Original review posted by user May 11, 2021

Anticipating our move on April 4 from Silicon Valley to New Mexico I contacted various moving organizations, one of which was Power pack. They offered was full service, door to door.

Agents name is Jason C

Moving reference number is 299****

Down Payment was made on the same day $500 through Zelle to the name of Marvin Hall (?), and $834 through Venmo to Power pack Moving and Storage.

On Wednesday 3/31, talking to Brian C. (customer service), he stated that the quote for sq Ft was too low. Instead of 1000 sq/ft it was 1200 sq/ft. That meant another $300 extra down payment through Zelle(Power pack moving and storage).

Total of $1634.

He said they would contact me before the move on Friday to give a time frame and for drop off they said they would give me 24-hour notice.

On Friday 4/2 somebody whose name I did not get (202-378-****) called me saying they were not going to be there on Saturday, but maybe on Sunday or Monday. I told them Monday was out of the question because we were going to fly. He responded that he was going to call me.

No call.

Nobody showed up on Saturday.

I called Jason who was the sales representative (747-755-****) and left a message.

I called Brian, the customer service representative (954-686-****) and left a message.

Furthermore, I called the number of the person who called me earlier (202-378-****) and left a message.

I wrote an irate letter to the company and Jason responded to that email by phone. He said he would look into it, and would see what he could do.

Nothing happened, nobody called.

I wrote a very angry letter to the company, no response (ever)

On Monday morning 4/5 we rented a truck (the biggest one we were comfortable driving), packed a large chunk of our furniture and boxes and drove to New Mexico.

During the trip I called all the numbers I had, leaving a message a day and texted Brian and Jason.

No response.

On Wednesday Jason called me, while we were still driving, but he hung up after one ring.

On Friday 4/9 I finally got a hold of Jason who told me he had been sick for a couple of days and did not know what had happened.

He said he was appalled and would let the financial person call me back.

Nobody called

On Saturday I called Brian, who picked up. He too, said he had been sick and thought everything had been taken care of. He, too, said he was appalled, and the financial people would get back to me.

Nobody got back to me.

I called Brian (LM) and Jason on Monday 4/12, and the message stated his number would not pick up calls from this area. (It was the same number I had called many times before.)

O 4/13 I called customer services and spoke to a very nice Britney.

I explained the situation and told her I wanted to know what I needed to do to get the down payment back, fill out a form, or hire a lawyer, but she said she was very new on the job. She was very understanding and would connect me to Brian. I got an answering machine. He did not call me back.

On 4/14 I finally reached Brian, and he sent me a claim form for moving claims.

I filled out the form for Moving Claims.

I provided them the full information.

I did not get a claim #, but they did send me an acknowledgement.

On 4/21 I received an email that the claim was verified, but it was not clear what that meant. It did have the disclaimer that for interstate moves the moving company had 120 days to respond. Therefore, I asked for an update, and received an email that I would be contacted shortly. Nobody contacted me either by phone or by email.

So I asked again on 5/10, and got the same message. It is getting tiresome.

All I want is my money back. I could by now also add at least 20 hours of work into this claim.

User's recommendation: Avoid Power Pack Moving and storage.

Powerpack Moving And Storage Pros: Nice website, Good talkers, Promises they made.

Powerpack Moving And Storage Cons: No show on moving day, No communication, No refund of downpayment, Fact that they did not show up on moving day, Non-communicaiton, Very bad customer service, No refund, Payment through venmo.

Comments