Pottery Barn - Awful, low quality products that are not backed by the company

72 of 428 Pottery Barn reviews

I have to admit that they advertise well and their products look quite beautiful. We ordered the benchwright extending table and it was stunning when we first received it. Well, 3 months later with very minimal use (maybe 3 times?) and the use of things like coasters, pads, etc, I've noticed that along the seams of the table, it's like the finish is degrading. When I called the company the first time, I was told to send photos including of what I've been using on the table. No response for a month. I called again and this time, sent the photo immediately. Upon "review" she said that according to the website, we weren't supposed to use any chemicals on the table (it's a dining table for goodness sake- how do we wash it?!) Regardless, given I used it so infrequently, I hadn't needed to wash it. However, I noted that I used a polish, which she promptly went to blame for the damage. I went on the website care instructions and clear as day, it stated: Use a non–silicone and non–wax polish; do not use soap, water or wax. Wouldn't you know it...the polish I was using was exactly that (I remembered these instructions when I was first purchasing the polish).

She said, but this isn't a polish we recommend. I noted, but you don't recommend any SPECIFIC polish, only non-silicone non-wax polish, which I used. She said, well, we don't recommend the one you used. (the argument still makes my head hurt).

I think they will say ANYTHING to get out of taking responsibility for their low quality products. I wish I listened to the reviews about the company more. I won't make that mistake again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • How the products look in the beginning
  • What I disliked
    • Poor quality
    • Pottery barn does not honor their products
    • Poor excuses from customer service
    • High prices for horrible products

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Pottery Barn Benchwright Extending Dining Table
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #813362

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Pottery Barn? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
72 of 428 Pottery Barn reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.