Porsche Plano - Wheel damage from delivery clamps
I bought a new Porsche Macan from Porsche of Plano. We live near San Antonio and I took the car to Porsche of San Antonio for its first routine service.
They washed the car in a detailed manner and some damage markings appeared on the wheels. The San Antonio dealer didn't change the tires or wheels nor has the car ever been through an automated car wash with self propelled tracks. Porsche of San Antonio management said the symmetric indentions in each wheel were apparently from clamps used during vehicle transport. There are multiple identical clamp marks and chips on each wheel.
The manager at San Antonio said it appeared the wheels were clamped from the inside-out.
Porsche of Plano claims they had nothing to do with these wheel damages and Porsche North America also claims no responsibility for the damages. It's my opinion that Porsche Plano may have used products and covered up the wheel damages that were revealed when Porsche of San Antonio cleaned the wheels. The damage to each wheel was definitely not caused by me.
When I submitted the damages to Porsche of Plano, they offered a "fix" discount, not to replace the wheels with new ones. I bought a new car with new wheels, and Porsche should replace them with new wheels. I thought it odd that when I signed the papers to buy a new car, Porsche of Plano had me sign an as-is form saying there was no damage to the car. Now I understand why they did that.
It seems like they knew about the damaged wheels. This has been a terrible experience, and when I asked Porsche of Plano for help they became defensive and rude.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- 2015 Porsche Macan S
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I am from Las Vegas, NV. and bought a car from Siamak’s Car Company: I found a vehicle that I was seriously interested in at Siamak’s Car Company of 777..."
- "This is a cautionary tale and one that anyone seeking to buy a used vehicle from Big Motoring World should take note of and give due consideration to.Having attempted to..."
- "We bought a2008 Raptor toy hauler in 2011 which had been out of storage on several occasions for on a week @a time---The unit looked BRAND NEW---BEAUTIFUL. Found slight..."
- "My husband and I purchased a $600.00 recliner about the last week of August 2016. First week of September the chair looked as if it was purchased 10 years prior...."
- "You may have seen the ads stream across your social media accounts about some celebrity losing their job because they lost weight (Melissa McCarthy, for example) and all because they..."
- "Drive With Pride - August 2016 Mini Cooper 2010- Had Check Engine light come on when driving vehicle home. Tried to return car, as stated below “72” hour buy back..."
- "STAY AWAY from this "shop" unless you want to pay a whole lot of money and wait for 6 months or more for a destroyed vehicle. We took a vehicle..."
- "I have been a customer of GVTC for almost a year now. I have called customer service so many times I have lost count. I have had technicians..."
- "True green is horrible. I am actually asking them for money back. By the way. I have weeds all over my yard..."