Porsche Plano - Wheel damage from delivery clamps
I bought a new Porsche Macan from Porsche of Plano. We live near San Antonio and I took the car to Porsche of San Antonio for its first routine service.
They washed the car in a detailed manner and some damage markings appeared on the wheels. The San Antonio dealer didn't change the tires or wheels nor has the car ever been through an automated car wash with self propelled tracks. Porsche of San Antonio management said the symmetric indentions in each wheel were apparently from clamps used during vehicle transport. There are multiple identical clamp marks and chips on each wheel.
The manager at San Antonio said it appeared the wheels were clamped from the inside-out.
Porsche of Plano claims they had nothing to do with these wheel damages and Porsche North America also claims no responsibility for the damages. It's my opinion that Porsche Plano may have used products and covered up the wheel damages that were revealed when Porsche of San Antonio cleaned the wheels. The damage to each wheel was definitely not caused by me.
When I submitted the damages to Porsche of Plano, they offered a "fix" discount, not to replace the wheels with new ones. I bought a new car with new wheels, and Porsche should replace them with new wheels. I thought it odd that when I signed the papers to buy a new car, Porsche of Plano had me sign an as-is form saying there was no damage to the car. Now I understand why they did that.
It seems like they knew about the damaged wheels. This has been a terrible experience, and when I asked Porsche of Plano for help they became defensive and rude.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- 2015 Porsche Macan S
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "Bob promises you the "Nicest Restored TDI on the planet!" from this hokey shop in Bellingham staffed by kids and amateurs. Six months after the initial payment for a..."
- "I purchased a Hanma (SunL) SL150-T19, or what ever model it was on March 11, 2008. I was very excited about it and was happy to own my first motor..."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "Could somebody help me retrieve the first fourteen digits on my credit card please? I have not seen my card for a month and I need help to remember my..."
- "True green is horrible. I am actually asking them for money back. By the way. I have weeds all over my yard..."
- "I have been a customer of GVTC for almost a year now. I have called customer service so many times I have lost count. I have had technicians..."
- "STAY AWAY from this "shop" unless you want to pay a whole lot of money and wait for 6 months or more for a destroyed vehicle. We took a vehicle..."