Plastic Resource Group - Took my money, didnt finish, portions worked on are garbage

4 of 4 Plastic Resource Group reviews

I had an agreement with Plastic resource group(PRG), to build a prototype for me.The first phase of his bid was for $10,050.00 and a time frame of 20 business days.

He received and cashed my check for $10,050.00 on May 6, 2010. Tyler said work would begin immediately. On May 19 I sent an email asking for a status report. On June 22, 2010 I received an email saying that they hadn't started yet and would be starting work now and a revised schedule of completion of phase one on July 23, 2010.

At this point the 20 days to complete the phase, as outlined in their bid had already passed. I called and emailed numerous times throughout this timeframe, and was always told "we're working on it, we want things right so we won't hurry". When I started complaining heavily I was told various dates those parts of the phase would be completed. Not one of those dates was ever met!

As of today phase one has not been completed to my satisfaction and PRG has refused to correct the issue or refund the money.I have every email, agreement, and complete phone logs outlining this issue in full

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 8 Yes 8
4 of 4 Plastic Resource Group reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 16 #1174013

I had the same result with PRG. Poor communication, poor quality, and project was never completed. I wish I had done more research on PRG and Tyler before hiring this garbage company.

tim

Jan 29 #1103086

Very similar to my issues with them. STAY AWAY FROM PRG.

Excited_Inventor

Jan 18, 2014 #775248

Thank you all for your reviews! I live in NJ and was about to pull the trigger and get a quote from PRG, currently patent pending and wanted to get a working prototype done...but if its one thing I've learned in life...most times various different people don't all tell the same lie...I think I'll try to find someone local that has a better reputation. Thanks for saving me from something I may have regretted. Good to do your homework!

5 0 Reply
Bane

Jan 20, 2014 #775736

We are working with them now and no problems. Do some more research, there are a few people that did some huge flame jobs on the company. One of them was resolved, another was a lady who was dishonest with PRG and they ended the relationship. Contact the AG, BBB and all those places. Do not just rely on message boards where anyone can post, even my :grin

Jules

Nov 03 #1235757 Newark, New Jersey, United States

I'm talking to them now about using them for my project and I'm really upset about all these bad reviews!!!! I was really excited and they seemed to get exactly what I want and I feel comfortable with them but now I'm afraid. Reading your message gives me hope tho. Do you mind me asking what stage your at and if all has gone well?

ulao

Aug 16, 2013 #700933 Lake Mary, Florida, United States

I was hoping to release the announcement of the new production model but thanks to Tyler from prg-prototyping that is not the case. In working with PRG prototyping (http://prgprototyping.com/ ). Tyler Harrell, president of the company. informed me today that my handmade proto type and parts needed to design the production for bliss-box were thrown away. In 10-6-12 Tyler and I agreed to quote a proto type of the Bliss-box design. Per his request, he asked that I send the individual parts and a working box. He acknowledged they were received and kept me up to speed on the progress for the first month asking general questions to determine if it could be made. There was some question that his engineering team was competent enough to build the design. I asked that his team take the time and see what portion of this box could be mass produced. Tyler indicated he would need to contact a 3rd party team for the cabling and pinning. I had put good faith in Tyler to see what could be achieved. Over the next 7 months it pretty much has been me asking for a status on the quote. He always informed me they have not gotten to my design yet. Turns out somewhere in this 8 months my designed was thrown away. So tell me, how can you give or work on an estimate if you have no product to estimate from? I asked Tyler and he beat around the bush avoiding the question. Apparently there never were any plans to try and get a quote for me but rather to discard my design and hope that I would go away.... Show more

4 0 Reply

Jun 11, 2015 #993964 Orlando, Florida, United States

Hello
I'm from Orlando Florida, looking for a prototyping company.
Any referral.

Jan 29 #1103081

This is pretty much my story. STAY AWAY FROM PRG.

lisasbeenrippedofff

Aug 05, 2013 #693998 Freehold Township, New Jersey, United States

I too was promised already over 2 years ago from Tyler who told me its not his fault that people leave his company. I paid in full before they made my prototype in the beginning they did great there was a woman named Taylor who was the sales woman & promised me it would take a few weeks to a couple of months to make they got a man named Ryan to find the materials I needed and glue but when it was tried it did not work so then he tried other materials & that worked then he left the company I tried to get a hold of Taylor she left the company then there was Mary who was great found the materials & they seemed perfect then there was a woman named Stephanie who was getting the logo & box where they were going to be put in & I didn't hear from her so I called to find out what was goink on then I was told she left & then I asked to speak to Mary & I was told she left this is already over 2 years so I then wanted to speak to Tyler wanted my money-back he then said there was a woman named Hallie who was wirkingon it & it happened to be on his desk at thar very moment so he sends them to me they were OK not as good as the ones Mary did but what couldi do I wanted themto get manufactured already & out to market so Hallie calls me to get thelogo & packaging done I finally Get the package not done correctly u couldnot fit the things I made in there I was promised a manufacturer he went out the window calked Hallie art least 3 times no call back... Show more

4 0 Reply
DrPanic

Jul 19, 2012 #515964

I too have been taken by Tyler Harrell and his company PRG Prototyping. I signed an agreement with him stating that my prototype will be ready in 8-12 weeks. I gave PRG CAD drawings and even provided them with information about the desired materials, which have been widely used for over 10 years. It is a very simple design. I paid in full (my mistake). It is now 29 weeks since the agreement was signed and payment was received and I still don't have even the "mock" prototype. Tyler Harrell is full of excuses, but what it comes down to is he refuses to do anything to resolve them problem. It doesn't matter to him that he is in breach of his own agreement, he already got his money. He even hung up on me today when I asked him how he was going to resolve this issue. I have no idea what kind of product PRG will produce, but based on the incompetency of the people working there, I'm not expecting much. I would steer clear of PRG Prototyping. The only reason I am still doing business with them is they won't refund my money, so they will have to fulfill their contract.

3 0 Reply
Matt Rotcher

Feb 18, 2012 #432809

:( I am afraid of investing with them now. My project quote was rather large and that is money from my wallet. I have faith in my idea, but i don't want to be a victim of fraud

2 0 Reply

Sep 24, 2013 #721190

Just curious, did you follow through working with them even after these reviews? I am considering the same and was wondering how it worked out for you.

pkrfctr

Feb 23, 2011 #252377 San Clemente, California, United States

In working with Plastic Resource Group I did have a few issues arise, they were able to fix them with me personally and my company. They have performed above my expectations. I am completely satisfied with my dealings with Plastic Resource Group. Tyler went above and beyond to make things right. I have complained on some of these sites, and even though I can’t physically remove the complaints, I want to ensure that everyone reading this knows that they have fully satisfied me, and I wish that I could remove them.

Pissed

Jan 11, 2011 #234972

Tyler Harrell is a chronic Liar and I myself have also been ripped off by him. When I filed a complaint against him he wrote a little rebuff just like the one he wrote above. DO NOT trust PRG. They'll rip you off and there's no point in suing because they have nothing of real value in their little office.

Tim

Dec 21, 2010 #226956 San Clemente, California, United States

The above is a complete and total lie. Anyone thinking of doing business with this company spend a few minutes and do a search. I was amazed at the dozens of comlaints I found almost exactly like mine. I only wish I had done the search prior to giving PRG a check.
Below are the actual emails and dates proving Tyler is lieing in his above statement. "Only after we declined to continue development did he start demanding a refund of his money."
You only stated that you quit in a response to my release letter.

Email from you received, Fri 9/3/2010 3:46 PM
“Working on the timeline to have your next phase finished in 2 weeks, which would be 10 days of work. I have to manage Chase with the other projects he is involved in, and can allocate 20 hours per week to it starting next week if this fits.”

My email releasing your firm Thu 9/23/2010 11:29 AM. There were absolutely no emails from your firm in between these two.
Your next email was received Thu 9/23/2010 12:02 PM this is the first we had heard you had “quit”
“We are actually declining your business on phase 2 and beyond, which is obviously not good for our company, but will be for the benefit of your company.”

This company has an open case by the Kansas attorneys generals office regarding this matter. case number CP-10-005391. The case was opened 9-30-10 and PRG still hasn't responded to them.

President of Plastic Resource

Dec 21, 2010 #226907

I own Plastic Resource Group, Inc., and in business I have always believed that you need to ensure the information you are reading is true and correct before you believe everything you read. This client is obviously trying to do everything he can to give Plastic Resource Group, Inc. a bad reputation. In this particular instance, the project was funded by a grant and was to be several phases of development. As for the timelines, the client is NOT telling you that before we started the project on a 20 business day timeframe, that he supplied us with over 300 pages of documentation to review and understand before we began the process. This is obviously a ton of engineering material to read and understand before any development can begin. It's known as a definition phase of development, and takes time, expecially when you're dealing with a healthcare product and lives are at stake. The safety of the end use consumer is very important and we did not want to just design a product to complete it, we wanted it to be economical, but also wanted the product to be ergonomically designed for proper functionality. The client is not an engineer, but posts a sketch online of only a portion of what we really did. He also did not make you aware that there are several other sketches of the product with much more detail and feasible solutions. He's only giving you a portion of the product to see.
The other part of this project that the client is not making you aware of is that
... Show more

0 1 Reply
President of Plastic Resource

Dec 21, 2010 #226903

... Show more

0 1 Reply
Jeff

Jan 29 #1103074

Your a expert BSer and your entire staff. What your not is honest, competent, knowledgeable and reliable.
You took 7 months and 3 weeks to build a simple proto model for me. I now have a company that is REALLY building one in only 3 weeks and for less than half the price.
I hope this all helps to put you out of business.

1-20 of 21 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Plastic Resource Group.
Filing a new complaint about
×