Plastic Resource Group - Nothing that was promised had been fullfilled.
It sounds like my issues with PRG and Tyler Harrell is very similar to other complaints found on this website.I'll make it as breif as possible and still try to help anyone considering doing business with PRG Prototyping.
This is the best free advice you will ever get STAY AWAY FROM PRG. When you first contact them they are very professional both on their website, on the phone and in their ENGAGEMENT LETTER. That is what attracted me to them. Believe me, if I had any idea what was to come I would have run.
They asked for $5,000 up front, I paid $4,000 with an agreement to pay the other $1,000 upon receipt of my proto model.
( they would not give me my proto model until AFTER I paid the other $1,000) It is a small project with some very simple electronics and they told me it would take 12-16 weeks to complete and they could do everything I needed in house and when it was complete it would be ready for production. I thought 16 weeks was to long but I gave them the bennefit of doubt hoping that it would not be that long so I sent my money with the signed agreement (which in my opinion only applies to the client) They took my money and laughed all the way to the bank. I was also told that I would be kept up to date by using their "Teamwork" website. Well, after a few weeks I had to call and ask what was going on because there was not much that made sense to me on that website.
In any event, to make a longer story short, it took them 7 months and 3 weeks to send me my proto model. Needless to say it was far from manufacturing ready and they did not send me any files which was also promised. I had to go back and forth with them for 2 more weeks just to get those files. I paid the entire $5,000 for my junk in good faith but all I got where BS excuses for 8 months.
BS and excuses is what they are really good at and if you talk to Tyler and even hint at a complaint he will turn it ALL back on you. PRG does not keep promises or provide good products, they do not have the expertise, knowledge or skills to provide results. My electronics was outsourced to another engineer that promised the work would be done in 2 weeks, it took 2 months. I was to pay him separately of course.
I'm not even sure PRG does anything in their so called production facility. I think they outsource everything that comes into them with the exception of the money of course.
Save yourself a world of headaches and aggrevation.The 2 screenshots provided look MUCH better than the actual proto model.
STAY AWAY FROM PRG.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Plastic Resource Group Prototyping
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "I had an agreement with Plastic resource group(PRG), to build a prototype for me. The first phase of his bid was for $10,050.00 and a time frame of 20 business..."
- "My name is Cory Ermi, and a friend of mine had told me that he talked to his boss and I was to go and fill out an application because..."
- "I was a model for Colby Models and Ryan Colby for 3 years. I never met anyone who made more than $100.00 total after being with them for 3 years...."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."
- "DON'T use them. I placed my order using PAYPAL on Nov 12. Stupidly, I thought these would be Thanksgiving outfits ... then Christmas ... THEN VALENTINE'S. They have NO customer..."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."