Phoenix Woodworking Corporation - Buyer beware
On Sept. 2014 I placed an order and paid 50% ( required)of total payment to Phoenix Woodworking (Cascade ID) for a bedroom set which was supposed to be delivered in 2 weeks. Excuses given were ligation with insurance company,maternity leave,not realizing to build mirror to attach to dresser,not knowing mirror ready for shipment for two months and etc.The furniture wasn’t shipped until Dec.and only a partial shipment.The invoice I received indicated all the furniture I paid the additional 50% ($1237.50) for would be shipped.
I sent many e-mails to the company requesting information as to when the missing piece would arrive with no response. I turned the matter over to AMX who withheld the additional 50 % until they received a chargeback evidence for payment document which in my estimate is deceiving because it only states the order was sent but says nothing specifying it was a partial shipment. I contacted AMX and sent proof of my claims to their document center. (If I knew the full shipment couldn’t be met I would have canceled the order but Phoenix Woodworking took that option away from me by lying. They knew all along the mirror wasn’t going to be shipped).
Phoenix Woodworking sent me an email on 02/05/15( two months after partial shipment delivery) stating the sales lady Heather (who is married to the furniture builder Brian) didn’t know the mirror was ready for shipment and at the same time threatening me with thief charges.I believe that Heather and Brian deliberately neglected responding to my initial inquires about the mirror. My reason for this is because despite Heather’s claims to have not known that the mirror was ready for shipment, she sent an email on Dec. 2, 2014 after the partial shipment delivery that clearly stated Brian wasn’t used to building hanging mirrors not a mirror attached to the dresser on orders (and the fact that a husband and wife didn’t communicate that the mirror was ready for shipment for two months is difficult for me to believe).
More recently I received an email from said company indicating crediting my account for $150 which I mailed back not acceptable but they credited the account anyway. It appears they were trying to collect full payment less the price of the mirror and not produce the mirror. Not only did they fool me when requesting the addition 50% before shipping but they tried to deceive AMX a second time that is now holding up the final payment again. In addition my dresser has been away from the wall waiting for the mirror to be installed and shipping crates left on my porch because they weren’t answering my emails. I also had to make 3 repairs because they did not respond to my E-mails.It is now almost 7 months and no mirror attached to dresser.
I would like to charge them with fraud/breach of contract and keep the later 50% of the money for all the lies, stall tactics and treats I have tolerated with this company but I know thats not likely to happen. If they were a decent company they would ship the mirror free after all this time. Be advise READ THEIR RETURN POLICY. A quick summary is as follows:
The customer must notify the company within 72 hours that they would like to return the the product.
The furniture must be unused.
The customer must pay for return shipping and ship it in the original crates or pack it comparable to how it was shipped to them if the original crates are unavailable.
I believe an additional $150 for restocking is required.
In my case I had to pay this company 50% prior to taking an order and the additional 50% prior to receive the order.
Even though it was their fault, to return the product I will I wii have to pay all shipping costs and an additional $150 for restocking.
As of 5/12/15, Heather claimed the mirror was ready for shipment one week after the invoice but I ask if that were true why wasn’t the mirror sent since I paid for it on 11/21/14 and AMX did not pull the money out until 1/20/15. Just another false statement. I’m forced to purchase the mirror because I want it to match my bedroom set but I’m not happy with the way they conduct business especially with all their childish excuse.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Product or service
- Bedroom Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- " Upon purchasing the 2 for 1 product, king size, I noticed an obvious difference in the amount of filling in both pillows. I opted..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "After being pleased with six months of Urthbox subscribership, I noticed that the subscription had unexpected renewed itself. I was not too concerned, and asked customer service to please cancel..."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "I would like a full refund, i cant even sleep here i am getting bit up everywhere by bed bugs.Attached are photos of bit marks. Tried to contact front desk..."
- "I paid for same day... It was guaranteed to be delivered before noon... Was delivered (confirmation from recipient, not your company... 4 hours late of the time that was guaranteed...."
- "Hello to all of the people who are mad at auto-zone, i'am now part of this growing community of angry and ex-customers of Auto-zone. First of all i don't know..."