Penn Foster Career School - I am a student of penn foster accused of cheating

125 of 181 Penn Foster Career School reviews

I am a student of Penn Foster.I was accused cheating,because I progressed through the program rapidly.I am fifty-two years old and have worked countless hours for the last five months on my program,to obtain my high school diploma.I was six test away from completing the program when I recieved a letter in the mail stating that disiplinary action would be taken against me.Penn Foster requested that I write a letter explaining how I progessed through the program rapidly.

I recieved a email that additional testing would be required.I am completing the aditional testing now.Penn Foster is considering these test as make-up exams with the highest obtainable grade a 70%.I had an average of over 90%,but with this testing considered as make-up examinations my average will be only 70%.I thought this program was work at your own pace.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 72 Yes 72
125 of 181 Penn Foster Career School reviews
Rudy

1 hour ago #1290855 Raleigh, North Carolina, United States

I am a current Penn Foster student, and I would say that you were cheating, as I can see your grammar is really bad. Sorry but that is the way I think.

Jan 17 #1272055 Lakeland, Florida, United States

Haha, it does allow you to use an open book but you can not take too much advantage of it. Starting school online with Penn Foster for me I noticed the worksheets (task) they ask you to do and I wasn't sure if they wanted you to complete them and turn them in somehow or just print, complete, and keep. So I called and asked to make sure..and the lady told me that it is not a must but she advised me to complete & save them along the way just for exact cases/reasons like this of what you went through. So basically if a student wants complete courses at a rapid pace then you are going to have to show proof that you were actually reading through and completing things with knowledge you actually learned about/from the subjects in your own words in order to have them fairly give you your diploma. That is why I am thankful that even before I even called and asked I indeed were completing the task worksheets along the way just in case.

Jim Street

Jan 28, 2016 #1102212

ive been in penn foster since November 2015 and im wating to take my final. I had 56 test to take. im a job corps and now there is a pass word that we have to get by our teacher before we take a test. we all have it hear at job corps. and we all almost got done in a matter of a couple of months. so I wonder what there going to do with us.

1 0 Reply

Aug 25, 2016 #1203509 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

But now at job Corps they made it to where I can only take a certain amount of exams then you have to do community service I had to get all my credits and I'm stuck on it cause I don't wanna fail now

Dec 14, 2015 #1078296

After reading your review I am sure that you were cheating. There is no way you can pass a college course with spelling and grammar like yours.

5 4 Reply

Dec 14, 2015 #1078294

I was accused also I told them to go right ahead and choose any subject and I will retake the exam and they gave me math and science and I passed again and they owed me an apology. because I was well ahead and they graduated with a 3.8gpa

Dec 22, 2015 #1082696

Can you please help me with the biology part?

Oct 15, 2015 #1049013

Wow that's crazy that they would accuse you of cheating its only been two months for me and I only have six more test to take I wonder what they will have to say about that

1 1 Reply

Jan 29, 2016 #1102684

Did you graduate ?

Oct 09, 2015 #1045464

i am attending Penn Foster also. I am 19 years old and was also accused of cheating. But I am in a job corps center taking the program and the only thing they told me that I was accused of cheating by taking my books home and doing my self checks. Mind you, the teacher told me I could take my books home and study and that was my idea of studying.

Nov 08, 2016 #1238414

*** hahaaa

Oct 07, 2015 #1044501

hahahahah

0 2 Reply

Sep 15, 2015 #1034216

How many test do I need to take to complete a year in Penn Foster?

quen

Sep 01, 2015 #1028149 Texas, United States

Anybody know what to put in when u take exams I need to take a exam .

Aug 04, 2015 #1015807

I been a penn and foster student since october 21 2014 and is now august 4 2015 and i just completed number 49 exam im not even have way yet since theres 102 test. I wish i can complete all those test in 5 months.

2 0 Reply

Jul 14, 2015 #1007307

Wow! I have been working on this HS program day and night. I am not working at the moment, and I year ago another online school lied, they were not accredited. I know all about it since I was going to get my GED also. I really hope they will not do this to me too, because I am going super fast.

Honest and scared lmao

Jul 12, 2015 #1006676

I go to Pennfoster,and I always get between a 60-80 or a 90. Never 100. ;_;
I don't cheat,but I do struggle,and I reread everything five times. I never got this thank god because it takes me a day,maybe four hours to complete two exams. I also download my study guide and my book.

common sense

Aug 02, 2014 #850256

How can you cheat when the tests are all open book tests?

23 0 Reply

Oct 16, 2015 #1049607 Manhattan, New York, United States

I just dont understand algebra which i have one exam left for that and chemistry which i have 4 exams left for that i have 6/71 to take then im going back to my regular school to get my diploma but its hard open book test on these two?

1-20 of 43 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.