Panther Knob Cottages - Worst Place I have Ever Stayed!! Panther Knob Cottage Rental
Update added by user Jan 23, 2015
This is an updated review as of January 23, 2015 On Panther Knob cottage rentals. I received a nice letter and a full refund for the week that we stayed October 3-10, 2014 in the cabin Deerwood. I am happy to say that this matter has been resolved fully.
Original review posted by user Nov 13, 2014
This is an update to the complaint against Panther Knob Cottage Rental, owner Susan Bates As of this date November 13, 2014 nothing has been resolved!!
But this is business & we expect her to do the right thing by refunding our money because the fault was hers. Her place was filthy & unhealthy (the public has every right to expect the place they rent to be clean & healthy). Even if my wife had no ill effects from the place, we deserved the place we paid for to be a clean place to stay. My wife's allergies only gave her problems when she was in THAT (Deerwood cabin) cabin. My wife was fine when she went out on the porch or was out & about. We even told Susan that she got relief when she went outside the day she picked up the money & tried to blame my wife's allergies on the fact that we were in the mountains. Mold, mildew, dust, & roaches are not the norm for any place anywhere. We didn't suffer these conditions in any of the other places we have stayed in over the 40 years we have been coming to the Gatlinburg area. She knows the truth. I will not withdraw my complaint or quit posting the truth online because I think that the public deserves to be warned & that I deserve a refund.
We are not without justification. There is no vicious attack or malice, only the truth. I cannot speak for others who have stayed in her cabins or speak for any of her other cabins. We are talking about the conditions of her place (Deerwood cabin) from Oct. 3-10, 2014. We told her that Sat. Oct. 4th at the time she came for payment that under these conditions my wife wouldn't make it until Monday (the day she said she would come back to clean. I personally feel that she should have had the cabin cleaned that very day.). Instead, she agreed at that time to come back Sunday (I reiterate that the place should have been clean upon our arrival). We never saw her and because of my wife's allergies we were forced to leave that Sunday afternoon & find another cabin (which by the way was in the trees & mountains & we suffered no ill effects). I will also say that we would not have stayed even Saturday night, but because of the Tenn/Florida football game we could not find other accommodations until Sunday. I agree that I should not have paid her, but thinking she would do the right thing I did. I noticed that she didn't address the fact that she was standing there a roach was crawling up my leg. We were not making fun of her color blindness, only telling the facts about what she told us. If she is that color blind that she can't clean properly then she should hire a cleaning crew or get out of the business (which by the way she told us she was thinking about doing).
I believe that I have been patient and that I made contact without any response so far. She is now aware of the situation & can still do the right thing. It is not too late for her to resolve this. If she makes this right I will be happy to go back & post that she has the integrity to do the right thing. I believe that a company is only as good as their customer service. Because she didn't respond and we had to get another cabin, we feel we are due a FULL refund.
Below is a copy of the email we sent while we were still there (We received responses from this email address before we came to Pigeon Forge, but not after). You will notice the date of Oct. 8, 2014. We stayed until the end of that week at another location because her place was so filthy. We called her after we got back from our vacation, because she didn't respond to our email. She has yet to respond to us in any way. We have pictures upon our arrival & pictures after the supposed cleaning to prove that what we are saying is true.
Date: October 8, 2014 at 9:59:20 AM CDT
To: Susan Bates firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: Confirmation & Directions to Deerwood
Susan as you well know we were unable to stay in your cabin due to the dust, mold and mildew which my wife has severe allergies too. You were also aware of the conditions because you were apologizing for them. While you were standing there to collect your $297.50 in cash, I had a roach and a spider crawling up my pants, you again were very apologetic. I was able to acquire a new cabin from Sunday night till Friday. I am requesting A partial refund of $200 for the two nights we were not there (Wed and Thur). I returned your key Tuesday afternoon. I don't think that's an unreasonable request.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sanitary Conditions
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "This is a true story about how a hotel abused and threatened us with legal action and other unpleasant consequences for writing true reviews. It started when me and..."
- "They manipulated our physical and mental state of mind by making us wait for well over 6 hours with no meals and two small children. Once we were mentally exhausted..."
- "We booked our "resort" in Myrtle Beach. When we got there we went to our room. Expecting something nice, I got a 2 bit motel room with no..."
- "When the owner of a company you believe to be reputable tells you "you can buy a cheap paint job from someone else or you can pay me and your..."
- "I ordered a dress that looked absolutely nothing like what i received. When i complained they said they would give me a $9.00 credit but the dress cost $19.99. Then..."
- "The Dollar General located in Lanett Alabama has a problem with cleaning their store and parking lot. When I speak with Derick he says they don't have enough employees. The..."
- "I ordered my brother a custom tshirt for his 60th birthday.His party is this weekend.I received the shirt but the image did not come out well.I contacted them and sent..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."