Panther Knob Cottages - WARNING –RENTER BEWARE Panther Knob Cabin Rentals in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee owned by Bobby & Susan Bates.

3 of 4 Panther Knob Cottages reviews

WARNING –RENTER BEWARE Panther Knob Cabin Rentals in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee owned by Bobby & Susan Bates. After speaking with Susan on the phone for the first time I had a bad feeling about having to pay half by check & the other half had to be in cash. For some reason it felt shady, but she seemed nice so I shook it off. NEVER again. I will trust my gut!!!

When we first arrived we were overwhelmed with the smell of mold, mildew, & dust. There were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and the ceiling fans. My wife has allergies to mold & dust. We tried to air the place out by opening all the windows & doors, but it didn’t help. We had to sleep with the windows open it was that bad & it didn’t help. While there the temperatures got cold, but we just couldn’t take the bad odor. Susan showed up for her money at around 9 am the next day (Saturday). We tried to show her the cobwebs, but she claimed she was color blind & could not see dust. We had the doors open at the time she arrived because the smell was just so bad. While talking with her a roach was climbing up my leg & all she could say was “Oh my God, Oh my God, I’m so sorry!!” After I killed it she grabbed a paper towel & cleaned it up off the floor. Then she left saying the she could come back on Monday & clean the place. I told her my wife wouldn’t be able to last that long with her allergies. The only relief my wife could get was to go outside or go sit in our van. She finally agreed that she would come clean Sunday. We stayed another night because we were not able to find another place until Sunday afternoon. We left late Sunday afternoon & never saw any sign of her or a cleaning crew (We felt if she could show up at 9am to get her money, she should have shown up at least by that time to make this right. After all her place should have been clean before our arrival). We returned Tuesday & found that she had cleaned, but the smell was just as bad & the roaches were still there. Although the worst of the cobwebs were gone there was still dust hanging from the ceiling & dust on the furniture. In fact, my wife wrote her initial in the dust. The water is horrible. Before the water gets hot to take a shower it is brown or orange. Your skin feels dirtier after cleaning than you did before. We were NOT told about the rusty water before we came. In fact before coming we asked if a washer & dryer were provided & she said yes never telling us that the rusty water would leave our clothes stained. When we arrived we found signs all over the place warning of the minerals in the water that would stain clothing. She said that you are in the mountains & this should be expected (she said that about the bugs too). The place we rented after leaving her cabin had none of these problems. We have been coming to the Gatlinburg area for our anniversary for 40 years & have never encountered the rusty water or roach problems. We have rented private homes, cabins & hotel rooms.

After finding that the place had supposedly been cleaned and the odor & roaches were still there we left the key on the counter that Tuesday & took pictures. We sent her an email (below you will find a copy of the email I sent her) asking for a partial refund on that Tuesday. We have also tried calling her & leaving messages, but have yet to hear back from her. We have pictures that show the cabin at our arrival & we have pictures from the Tuesday after she cleaned.

From: rburns

Date: October 8, 2014 at 9:59:20 AM CDT

To: Susan Bates pantherknobcottages@gmail.com

Subject: Re: Confirmation & Directions to Deerwood

Susan as you well know we were unable to stay in your cabin due to the dust, mold and mildew which my wife has severe allergies too. You were also aware of the conditions because you were apologizing for them. While you were standing there to collect your $297.50 in cash, I had a roach and a spider crawling up my pants, you again were very apologetic. I was able to acquire a new cabin from Sunday night till Friday. I am requesting A partial refund of $200 for the two nights we were not there (Wed and Thur). I returned your key Tuesday afternoon. I don't think that's an unreasonable request.

R Burns

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Facilities and Services

• What I liked
    • Nothing
  • What I disliked
    • That susan has not contacted me

Reason of review:
Apartment Conditions
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #546191 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Panther Knob Cottages? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
3 of 4 Panther Knob Cottages reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

Aug 26, 2015 #1025145

i believe you all have to complin just to have something to do get over your whining karen from ohio

0 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Panther Knob Cottages.
Filing a new complaint about
×