Washington, United States
1.2K views 1 comment
100% full Not resolved

Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model."Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the second year of owning this GEM, here comes the rain dripping out of the 2 recessed light housings upstairs in the loft.

Called their Millersburg office to find out what the deal is and what if anything would they do to remedy. You're out of warranty but here's $100 and a recommendation as to what to do to fix. They said, "Our ridge vents tend to flatten out in the hot sun and this will cause the water to leak under the shingle and follow the nail into the ceiling, or someone possibly stepped on the ridge vent flattening it. The Loft style roofs are only a 2/12 pitch coupled with our height restrictions it is difficult to install a higher ridge cap, you might want to check the sealant and any possible damaged shingles."

Now I don't just hangout on my rooftop where I would possibly step on the ridge vent and this place is only 2 years old.

Aren't roofs usually good for almost 20 years? So I am supposed to inspect my house style composite roof twice a year? This is what Palm Harbor suggests. Now, I've owned several campers and several houses, and I know you have to reseal camper roofs approx every 3 years, but a house roof, inspect twice a year?

For what, I inspect roofs every time I clean the gutters, normal I would think.

I have a picture for their next Brochure.Stay away from Palm Harbor, even new they are still fixer uppers.

Review about: Palm Harbor Homes Park Model House.

I liked: Product fit our needs and budget.

I didn't like: Responsibility for discrepancies.

1.6
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $500
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Palm Harbor Homes?

Comments

Please don't deal with palm harbor u will regret it!!!