Henderson, Nevada

I ordered a couch from Overstock.com and was promised free shipping.It two weeks before the couch was even shipped, and then the shipping company transferred it to a local company for final delivery.

Related: Cost Plus World Market - BUYER BEWARE

The local company ignored my repeated phone calls for several days as to the status of delivery; although they were supposedly doing a "final inspection", given the defects I subsequently found they obviously didn't inspect much. The local company finally called me back and I arranged for delivery on a Thursday between 12 and 4 p.m. (they don't deliver on weekends, and they don't provide an exact delivery time). They were supposed to call me 30 minutes before delivery so I could go home from work.

Instead of doing so they arrived unannounced at 11:00 a.m. and then wondered why I wasn't there. They eventually returned at noon and dumped the couch in the lobby of my condo building. Apparently Overstock considers this "standard" delivery; to have an item delivered to your doorstep, or even inside, you have to pay a lot extra.

Assembling the couch was difficult, as the assembly instructions were for a different product and the screws that were provided were cheap and frequently broke. My power drill wasn't powerful enough to get all of the screws in, and I therefore had to call a handyman to get the legs put on the couch.

There is a tear in the leather in one place and a stain in another.Overstock is indifferent to all of these problems.

Review about: U9908 Bonded Leather Sofa.

1.4
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Sofa
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $150
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Overstock?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.