100% full Not resolved

Citing that the price is determined by the manufacturers, they can not price match items at all. That was a conversation I had with "Allen" from their customer service via live chat.

So I was looking for a backpack for college and found one at a reasonable price. It was out of stock, but on the right hand side of the website was the "People Who Viewed This Viewed" section and the backpack that was sold out was in stock, so I clicked on it and the price jumped up $50.

All the information and details matched. It was the same product, same model, same everything except the price. The price was different. Of course, I didn't know if it was an error on their part, so I went to their contact page and requested a live chat.

"Allen" was rather pushy. He said the price was set by the manufacturer and they won't do anything about it. Without letting me a chance to reply, he then said that he was appreciative of how understanding I was (which I wasn't).

"You would think that in this tough economy where customers are shopping around and trying to save, they would be willing to do the right thing and credit the difference." -- another Pissed Consumer of Overstock.

^This holds even more truer when you are a college student. It's disappointing. I uploaded the two prices. As you can see, one is out of stock (ironic that their site is called "overstock", isn't it?) at a lower price and the other is in stock at a higher price.

Review about: Backpack Purchase.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / $50
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Overstock?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.