Osceola Animal Emergency - Botched euthanasia "Animal Emergency services "in Kissimmee Fla.
My beloved "angel pet " dog ... Tiny of 14 yrs was in distress , rear legs gave out and could not walk . Saturday nite wife wanted tiny to be put to sleep with dignity , painless, and quick . Sunday morning 8am DVM James D Barnett was to administer the procedure . Puts tiny on cold silver table , tries to administer IV line for the lethal shot ( before sedation) . Tiny sensing end is near, struggles and resists as wife holds him in place . Dog is bleeding , crying, whining, as doctor tries 2 times to place needle in vain . Dr.Barnett thinks he has it in Tiny's vain , but it's not , his leg swells . Now my Tiny is crying, whining, bleeding even more as I never heard him in such distress in all the 14 yrs we had him. Now it's 8:30 am and Dr Barnett says we now will have to wait till 9:am for his tech to come in and restrain Tiny . Dr. Barnett said " if he's on time" .
At this point , with Tiny and my wife hysterical , I " go off" telling the Dr he should be ashamed , he's incompetent, and how this is wrong in so many ways .
Then after almost 10 minutes ( which seemed forever).... The Dr leaves room and comes back in with syringe and says " I going to try and give him a sedative"
Now from past experiences .... This is what he should have done first .... He administered the sedative .... ( seemed like a hot shot) ...put my Tiny to sleep alright ..... Then he administered the IV line without a problem and then my Tiny went to rainbow heaven .
I never had such an emotional negative experience like that in my life . My loyal, faithful , loving , protective, companion of 14 yrs ....went to sleep without dignity , and with a lot of pain and horror . I feel I have totally failed him by taking him to such a horrible place .
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- What they did to my dog
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "On 11/26/14, I took my Pomeranian, Missy to the Banfield in Deptford, NJ. The vet who normally sees my 3 dogs was not in (Dr Oliver).So Missy was seen by..."
- "I have been an avid PetsMart customer for years. It is my primary choice for food, clothes, accessories and grooming for my 18 month Shih Tzu, Evie. I have easily..."
- "The American Border Collie Association is no longer “democratically ran” since the term was removed from their website effective March 2016. Also, around March 2016-The American Border Collie Association discovered..."
- "Purchased an office chair little over a year ago. The arm on one side is totally cracking...along with places on the chair seat. Contacted Office Depot online site they told..."
- "So I've had to buy this $120 program for school and have had the worst experience in the technical world I have ever had the displeasure of using. For one,..."
- "The tops from the Cafe Cups product break off in a few months with normal use. I attempted to contact the manufacturer, Spark Innovators. They have a web site (http://sparkinnovators.primize.com/)..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- "The claims department blamed the company by saying the box was inadequate. The driver says he left it at my door. As you can see the box is on the..."