Osceola Animal Emergency - Botched euthanasia "Animal Emergency services "in Kissimmee Fla.

1 of 1 Osceola Animal Emergency reviews

My beloved "angel pet " dog ... Tiny of 14 yrs was in distress , rear legs gave out and could not walk . Saturday nite wife wanted tiny to be put to sleep with dignity , painless, and quick . Sunday morning 8am DVM James D Barnett was to administer the procedure . Puts tiny on cold silver table , tries to administer IV line for the lethal shot ( before sedation) . Tiny sensing end is near, struggles and resists as wife holds him in place . Dog is bleeding , crying, whining, as doctor tries 2 times to place needle in vain . Dr.Barnett thinks he has it in Tiny's vain , but it's not , his leg swells . Now my Tiny is crying, whining, bleeding even more as I never heard him in such distress in all the 14 yrs we had him. Now it's 8:30 am and Dr Barnett says we now will have to wait till 9:am for his tech to come in and restrain Tiny . Dr. Barnett said " if he's on time" .

At this point , with Tiny and my wife hysterical , I " go off" telling the Dr he should be ashamed , he's incompetent, and how this is wrong in so many ways .

Then after almost 10 minutes ( which seemed forever).... The Dr leaves room and comes back in with syringe and says " I going to try and give him a sedative"

Now from past experiences .... This is what he should have done first .... He administered the sedative .... ( seemed like a hot shot) ...put my Tiny to sleep alright ..... Then he administered the IV line without a problem and then my Tiny went to rainbow heaven .

I never had such an emotional negative experience like that in my life . My loyal, faithful , loving , protective, companion of 14 yrs ....went to sleep without dignity , and with a lot of pain and horror . I feel I have totally failed him by taking him to such a horrible place .

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • What they did to my dog

Review category
Animal Services
review #545922 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Osceola Animal Emergency? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Osceola Animal Emergency reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
South Florida Healer

Nov 02, 2014 #894352 Miami, Florida, United States

For what it's worth, the DVM that you went to probably just simply does not feel compassion for his patients. Also, know that Tiny knows how very much he was loved by you: try to focus on that and not on the final moments of his earthly existence. Even then, he knew YOUR great love for him. I have been down the same road and my DVM was amazing. She even told me to call the office when I was going to come in so that she could CLEAR HER SCHEDULE while she lovingly tended to my Cocoa and his human companions in as kind a way as possible. When thanking her for her great care she commented that many of her colleagues, unfortunately, don't feel the same way about their patients. In other words, they're in it only for the money. Sounds like your guy. Again, focus on all of your great and loving memories of your life with Tiny. And talk to him! He will hear you.
Be well.
In Love and Light,
David

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.