Orthopaedic Associates - I had Steven Adam Bleckner Orthopedic Surgeon Walk Out just Before Surgery
Do not go to this ORTHOPEDIC ASSOCIATES. I went to this office and Doctor Zohair Shedzad Alam who I have used before said he can't do the surgery as good as Doctor Bleckner, so he referred me to see Bleckner,. and had an MRI and scheduled surgery a couple weeks earlier to have it today October 23, 2014. I had to go to Holy Cross Hospital a couple weeks earlier to register and answer questions & sign some forms. Because of problems I had with another department at Holy Cross Hospital which they never resolved, I wrote on the back of the form that I did not trust this hospital because they lie and do not follow your insurance guidelines, which makes you responsible to pay out of network claims. Before I had surgery, I made a lot of arrangements knowing I would not be able to do many of my normal everyday things afterwords and even had a Will made. I took off work and my wife as well in order to take me there and pick me up. I went for surgery and got dressed, they took my blood pressure and a nurse started the IV and then the doctor Steven Adam Bleckner came in discussed the surgery and minutes later came back and asked me why I wrote I did not trust this hospital on the back of a form I had to fill out a couple weeks earlier. I explained to him it was their pain management clinic I was referring to and not him but he just walked away and said he will not do the surgery and find another doctor and hospital. Now my hand is swollen up when they put the IV in and my wife & me took off a day from work for nothing and Care First Blue Choice said they will still pay the doctors and hospital even though they did not follow through of our verbal contract to preform the surgery. The fact is, no matter what I said is my opinion which is a Freedom of Speech right which I could have told 1000 people already but the fact is I was their and ready and willing to have the surgery but Steven Adam Bleckner walked out and I had to leave. I will not use Alam, or Bleckner again or anyone at ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATES IN SILVER SPRING EVER. I did have some concerns with Bleckner a few days prior after reading things online about him and emailed Alam. This is what Alam wrote back exactly. which if you sort of read between the lines, of course Dr Alam is not going to put his associate down, but he did comment on a doctor I found who was a specialist on this surgery, and Dr Alam sent this the day before surgery suggesting I get a second opinion, furthermore stating he has herd of this other Doctor Shaffer I mentioned and what he herd was very impressive. No where did he say Bleckner was impressive nor did he say Bleckner is just as good as Dr Shaffer. Based on this if I had time to change doctors and Dr Shaffer took my insurance, which he did not, I would have gone to him. It is a lot clearer now what Dr Alam was trying to say, Bleckner is a incompetent, unprofessional and I would be better off going to Dr Shaffer. Below is Alams email.
[ I have read your emails. I appreciate your concerns.
Personally, I would let Dr. Bleckner operate on me or my family. I know of Dr. Shaffer and his work, which is also very impressive. It sounds like you should consider a second opinion with Dr. Shaffer before you proceed with surgery. I feel part of a successful procedure and recovery is to have all your concerns addressed and/or resolved before undergoing any procedure.]
First of all, Alam just moved to this practice with Bleckner in the last two months, so he doesn't know him anymore than Shaffer, or at least he never indicated this. But he did say a second opinion with Shaffer before surgery he said I should consider and he herd about Shaffer and it was very impressive. He did not say Bleckner was impressive or just as good. Also Dr Alam did not just say to get a second opinion, he said get one with Dr Shaffer. I would not accept a referral from Alam or see Bleckner if he was the last surgeon on earth. To have a doctor walk out of surgery for something I wrote weeks before (which was all true) and the hospital administrator came as well asking about what I wrote. If they were that concerned, why didn't they say something when I wrote it weeks before so I would not waste my time or theirs. The woman I gave it to asked me about it and if she thought there was a problem, should have said something then or given it to the hospital administrator than as well as send it to Bleckner ASAP, which they should do anyway. I suggest Bleckner read forms a week before surgery which he is supposed to do anyway and if something trivial that does not concern him would make him walk out of surgery. If he is so ignorant to understand this had nothing to do with him, he should find another line of work or go back and get Board Certified Again and get certified in doing shoulders, which my issue was. I have never asked an associate of a doctor before about his co worked, but After speaking to Steven Adam Bleckner I had a bad feeling. I guess gut feelings make sense. DOB 12/69
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Never go to steven adam bleckner
- Product or service
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "I went to this business to get all upper teeth removed and a denture. The 1st day I had an x ray done, visited with John Hargett, dentist. ..."
- "Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership are a DISGRACE!!!!This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only.For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, President of..."
- "Long story short ,8month ago I started ,the Veneers are horrible ,even my dogs were laughing at me ,I send them back ,send hundreds of emails ,calls ,and nothing ,I..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "I ordered two dresses back in July. I just received the second one and it is terrible! I received the sweater dress a couple of weeks ago and it seems..."
- "I'LL TRY TO GIVE AN ACCOUNT FOR MY TIME AWAY FROM MY ASH-WORTH ONLINE CLASSES, SO YOU WILL HAVE AN IDEA AND A UNDERSTANDING OF THE MONEY HUNGRY PEOPLE/COMPANY THEY'RE,..."
- "I, too, fell for the wonderful deal and purchased two tangerine Rockport adirondack chairs along with the tangerine round folding table on 29 June 2016. I followed the the..."