Ortho Mattress makes a horrible product and does not honor the warranty
We purchased a $1500 mattress from Ortho and within a few months noticed the bed had compressed and the top material began to shift. We called the customer service department and they would only warranty the product if we paid $50 to have their contractor inspected the bed. We relunctantly did pay for the inspector only to find they did not accept any fault and tried to blame the top of the bed being affacted by the box sprng. They said they would now only continue to consider the bed faulty if we bought a new box spring. We then did that to only have the bed continue to worsen.
This has been more then 3 years of fighting with Ortho to get the bed replaced. They now say we have to again pay to get it inspected - so their person can find another excuse to not accept fault.
We actually performed their compression test and our bed had 2" of sage without anyone on the bed. The said 1" is acceptable but beyond that, the bed is faulty. However, upon seeing the photos we submitted, they started off by saying, "well that may have been caused by a cat". What the heck Ortho! No cats - just a horrible company that does not stand behind their products.
Check out their Facebook page and see all the consumer comments about other beds being poorly made.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bed Frame
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company..."
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."