Ortho Mattress makes a horrible product and does not honor the warranty
We purchased a $1500 mattress from Ortho and within a few months noticed the bed had compressed and the top material began to shift. We called the customer service department and they would only warranty the product if we paid $50 to have their contractor inspected the bed. We relunctantly did pay for the inspector only to find they did not accept any fault and tried to blame the top of the bed being affacted by the box sprng. They said they would now only continue to consider the bed faulty if we bought a new box spring. We then did that to only have the bed continue to worsen.
This has been more then 3 years of fighting with Ortho to get the bed replaced. They now say we have to again pay to get it inspected - so their person can find another excuse to not accept fault.
We actually performed their compression test and our bed had 2" of sage without anyone on the bed. The said 1" is acceptable but beyond that, the bed is faulty. However, upon seeing the photos we submitted, they started off by saying, "well that may have been caused by a cat". What the heck Ortho! No cats - just a horrible company that does not stand behind their products.
Check out their Facebook page and see all the consumer comments about other beds being poorly made.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bed Frame
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008. I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "We purchased the edge royalist 5th wheel a year ago October. Our first problem started 2 weeks after we purchased it. The roof on the slide out leaked like a..."
- "...I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect anything great, however I got home and noticed blood on his ear this lady cut part of his ear!..."