Oreo's have changed for the worst!

208 of 302 Oreo reviews

I've been eating oreo's for over 30 years.Today I bought a pack from the vending machine.

I swear someone switched the original oreo for a knock off cookie. The look , the smell, the size and the taste were appalling. The cookie has been reduced in size noticeably. It no longer has that rich chocolaty smell.

The smell is indescribably. The cookie was harder. It had a hard crunch compared to the softer original crunch. Last but not least the taste, it was plain nasty.

I was so upset! Listen up, this "new Oreo" isn't going to work. Just like " new coke" didn't work for Coca-cola. Unless the original Oreo appears I will no longer be buying these cookies.

As a consumer I'm tired of getting ripped off.They are DISGUSTING!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
it's not the same cookie and it taste nasty!
Preferred solution:
refund & bring back the old OREO!
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Cookies
Review category
Fast Food
review #624271

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Oreo? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
208 of 302 Oreo reviews

Jan 13 #1270687 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I knew something was wrong! My family did not believe me! Oreos have been my favorite cookie for over 45 years but that stops now. My family and friends would give me them as gifts because I loved them so much. Nabisco has ruined them. They changed the recipe and I am done with them! I am going to have to change my way of life now!

3 0 Reply

Jan 08 #1267901 Chesapeake, Virginia, United States

I thought it was just me until tonight when iI decided to see if others were feeling the same. The wafer and filling have changed. The filling used to have a more powdered sugar flavor. Now it's just creepy. Yuck. Will not continue to but these after today.

Jan 01 #1263981 Merkel, Texas, United States

I agree the taste is bad and they are now longer dunkable. You used to be able to dunk them in milk until the bubbles stopped and bring them up to be soft and chewable. same process and now they com up still as crunchy as before and no good flavor. Bring back the originals.

Nov 12, 2016 #1239824 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Totally agree the new Oreo is disgusting. The chocolate wafer is harder and bad tasting... go back to old recipe please!

Oct 26, 2016 #1232173 Merrick, New York, United States

What oreo's need to do, is stop using genetically processed ingridents....the unhealthy garbage needs to go!! has to go...if you are addicted to the old oreo...that is sad for you!!! You obviously dont care what poison you are putting in your body, and soon your body will run like a car that used *** fuel....

Nov 19, 2016 #1242956

Cookies aren't supposed to be healthy, ***! If we wanted healthy, we wouldn't be eating cookies.

Sep 24, 2016 #1217939 Wautoma, Wisconsin, United States

I bought a bag of Oreos as treat for my family and was shocked at how different and AWFUL they tasted! What happened to the cream inside? There is barely any there at all! Also, the cookie itself tastes like a cheap knock off of some other brand! Terrible cookie now!

Bruski

Jul 17, 2016 #1186167

Why would anyone kill the Golden Goose? How could top mgmt sign-off on such a poor-tasting product? As a result of this situation, I am no longer a purchaser of Oreo Cookies.

Jun 05, 2016 #1169187

I thought it was my taste buds! They are not good, so glad I found a super easy homemade version

May 22, 2016 #1162822

The new oreos are horrible. They are brittle and fall all apart, and the filling is much less. I won't buy them anymore.

May 09, 2016 #1156408

I bought a bag of Oreos for the first time in a while. I won't waste my money again. They are smaller and thinner with a reduced amount of filling. The only thing that didn't change was the price-- forget you!!!

Jan 04, 2016 #1088661

Hi! I recently wrote the company after purchasing a package of Oreos and being terribly uncomfortable!! It would appear (with no admission from them) that they have changed the recipe. :'(
Gone are the rich, chocolaty, highly flavored cookies that compelled many of us to eat the cream and treasure the thrill of just savoring the cookies with a glass of milk.
How sad!
I just spoke to a friend yesterday. She said she recently ate one and threw the rest of them away.
Just to be sure, however, I tried some last night. I'm sad to say that Oreos now stink in flavor.
I won't be purchasing them anymore and hopefully like Coca Cola (who foolishly once attempted to change their original recipe) decreased profits will give them a clue. I'll be keeping my money in my pocket.

4 0 Reply

May 04, 2015 #979741

What do you expect from a vending machine? After 30 years of eating those things you only have one complaint.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.