Huntington, New York

I urge you not to use the swimwear online site- The Orchid Boutique.

Their customer service and policies are horrible!

They are only open from 9-5:30 which is odd for a retailer, their return policy is teh worst I've seen for a mail order/internet company at 15 days.

You have to pay for your own shipping of a return and then they wont even do refunds, only exchanges, but they wont give you a FULL credit for your purchase even its its returned on time.

This is a horrible company.

Learn from me, don't buy from them!

I hope this helps someone.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Orchid Boutique?

Comments

Mayra Jimenez - Owner, The Orc

Dear Client,

We deeply regret any inconvenience we may have caused you, and would like to kindly clarify some points with you. Our hours of operation are M-F from 9-7pm EST. If customers call after hours, we work hard to return every email and voicemail message within 24 hrs and most always do.

For the last four months we have had a promotion for Free Fedex shipping on all US orders over $100, so most orders right now ship to you for free. As for returns, we do ask the customers to assume the cost of shipping it back to us, but advise them on methods such as USPS priority which costs around $5 and takes 3 days to get to our offices.

As for our Return Policy, we do hold high quality standards in order to protect customers like you from receiving an item that is in less than perfect condition. Our full return policy can be read from every single page on our site in the link for returns. Basically, items must be received back within 15 days from shipment date for refund requests, and within 30 days from shipment date for exchanges or store credits. Only for refunds, a 5% re-stocking fee applies. The remaining 95% of the amount is fully refunded to the card on file. If someone returns past the 15 days, they receive a store credit valid for one year from order date, which can be redeemed with any of our jewelry, handbags, or swimwear items.

We will be glad to discuss your particular situation if you contact us directly with your order...

Regards,

Mayra Jimenez

Owner

to Mayra Jimenez - Owner, The Orc Texas, United States #932091

Thank you so much Myra for explaining your return policy here.I was just about to place a $300 order on your site as a new customer AFTER doing my homework of reading your return policy on the site as well as speaking to an online rep about your shipping and return policy.

HOWEVER, neither on your site nor by your online rep was I informed that you: (a) take about a week and a half to send us the merchandise (b) only allow 15 days from day of shipment for a customer to get the merchandise back to you to get their refund--most of these 15 days have already past by the time the merchandice arrives at our front door (c) if the customer does somehow manage to receive their items and send them back to you within the 15 day period, you charge them for the initial shipping that was supposed to be free to begin with for all orders over $100.

Now that you have made your business policy and ethics perfectly clear, I will be abandonning my shopping cart which truely is a lose-lose situation for the both of us.Good luck with future business.