In June I paid $290 to Orangeberry Book Tours to help promote my new book release. I was supposed to receive multiple things for this money, including 60 reviews for my book. I received only one review and none of the other promised items. UPDATE - After the complaint an additional review was posted and the Facebook graphics FINALLY have been made. However, no additional reviews were posted. I have documentation of every conversation and screen shots of the pages necessary. I've included the code check on the policy page stating it was updated December 10th. I've also included the entire BBB complaint here and the email stating I would receive a refund.
Interestingly enough, Orangeberry Book Tours updated their policy page. Although the updated page says it's from February 2014, a simple code check says the update was made in December of this year. That's mighty convenient. Multiple authors are in the same situation as I am. If you check the Orangeberry website, you can see that there has been virtually no movement on anyone else's tour.
I used the BBB as a mediator and, while I knew the likelihood of receiving a refund was low, (even though I was promised money back), the business is now listed on the site which is good for everyone. I encourage ALL authors who have had a poor experience with this company to start speaking up.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Book Release Promotion
- Review category
- Professional Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hi my name is Jane Cherriokee,I brought my daughter Samara Cherriokee today for interview.The guy interviewing was rude & didn't consider my daughter's feelings just because I aired my opinion..."
- "Jenna the Astrologer seems very genuine and caring. She was completely accurate w my readings she gave me for free, for some reason she gave me 3 readings and a..."
- "After I applied through the website I received an email about going for a test shoot in Camden. I arrived on time and a photographer took some shots of me...."
- "Today I experienced some of the worst customer service I have ever received and by far the worst Best Buy I have ever been too. On Friday I went..."
- "HORRIBLE!!! NEW HOME. CANT LIVE IN. SHODDY CRAFTSMANSHIP. Don't oversee their carpenters. Paint all over wood floor. Drywall through terrible. Give you to a CUSTOMER CARE REP, OURS, RON BANKS...."
- "My phone is completely shattered. I dropped it when I was getting out of the car. I didn't sign up or register my phone with lifeproof so now I have..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."