In June I paid $290 to Orangeberry Book Tours to help promote my new book release. I was supposed to receive multiple things for this money, including 60 reviews for my book. I received only one review and none of the other promised items. UPDATE - After the complaint an additional review was posted and the Facebook graphics FINALLY have been made. However, no additional reviews were posted. I have documentation of every conversation and screen shots of the pages necessary. I've included the code check on the policy page stating it was updated December 10th. I've also included the entire BBB complaint here and the email stating I would receive a refund.
Interestingly enough, Orangeberry Book Tours updated their policy page. Although the updated page says it's from February 2014, a simple code check says the update was made in December of this year. That's mighty convenient. Multiple authors are in the same situation as I am. If you check the Orangeberry website, you can see that there has been virtually no movement on anyone else's tour.
I used the BBB as a mediator and, while I knew the likelihood of receiving a refund was low, (even though I was promised money back), the business is now listed on the site which is good for everyone. I encourage ALL authors who have had a poor experience with this company to start speaking up.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Book Release Promotion
- Review category
- Professional Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I chose Safelite because we had a great previous experience. So, we called them and they came out to my wife's work to fix the windshield. Upon completion I notice..."
- "this agency preys on seniors with alzheimer's but aren't picky and will devour anything they can,they are dishonest and have the best lawyers,side by side with the senior protective services..."
- "Hired Mr. Dufresne to paint my condo and the paint job was very poor, and he got paint all over my woodwork. When I contacted him to ask for my..."
- "the following images are proof of criminal record of m Nancy Taylor Extended Arms cleaning contractors Memphis TN...while Ms. Taylor posted her competitors over 20 year old criminal history ...ooops..."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "I ordered this bikini, but it doesn't have an inner fabric, it is very clear, not a chance to wear it in public. A very cheap copy. They rejected my..."
- "We ordered these headsets in the hopes they would allow our polo team's coach to guide players during practice games. We were looking for the same system used by NFL..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."