Verified Reviewer

AFTER WAITING ON HOLD FOR ALMOST 45 MINUTES & WAITING OVER 30 MINUTES THE 2ND ATTEMPT & LISTENING OVER & OVER TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT STATING I COULD GO ONLINE TO MANAGE MY SUBSCRIPTION WHICH IS FALSE IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL, I FINALLY GOT THROUGH TO "SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES". WHEN I EXPLAINED THAT I WANTED TO CANCEL, OF COURSE THE AGENT TRIED TO GET ME TO CONTINUE MY SUBSCRIPTION BY OFFERING A 25% DISCOUNT.

WHEN I SAID "NO, I WANT TO CANCEL", HE SAID "OH, I HAVE TO TRANSFER YOUR CALL TO THE CANCELLATION DEPT"!

OF COURSE, THIS WAS JUST ANOTHER ATTEMPT TO GET ME TO HANG UP THE PHONE IN FRUSTRATION. I WAITED AT LEAST 10 MINUTES & FINALLY GOT ANOTHER GUY WHO OFFERED ME A 50% DISCOUNT. WHEN I REPEATED "NO, I WANT TO CANCEL", HE SAID "OK, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE CANCELLED AT THE END OF YOUR CURRENT DATE OF JANUARY 30, 2023". FINE & GOOD & DONE.

TODAY [JAN.

28TH], GUESS WHAT I SEE ON MY VISA CARD; A NEW CHARGE OF $79.15 FOR THE NEXT SUBSCRIPTION TERM.

YOUR ATTEMPT TO KEEP ME AS A CUSTOMER HAS FAILED --- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION #17022**** AND SEND ME A CONFIRMATION. I HATE YOUR ATTEMPTS TO KEEP LONG-TERM SUBSCRIBERS LIKE ME IN THE 'DEAD END LOOP' OF NEVER BEING ABLE TO CANCEL -- THE LAST PERSON I SPOKE TO PROBABLY JUST TOSSED OUT MY CANCELLATION REQUEST SO HE COULD GET HIS "COMMISSION" FOR KEEPING A CUSTOMER!

I AM TELLING ALL MY FRIENDS & FAMILY TO NEVER SUBSCRIBE BECAUSE OF YOUR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE WHEN YOU WANT TO CANCEL.

User's recommendation: DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THE OC REGISTER; YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO CANCEL!

Preferred solution: ALL I WANT IS TO CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION AT THE CURRENT END DATE.

Orange County Register Pros: Cartoons & dear abby & the doctor column.

Orange County Register Cons: Cannot get thru to customer service line without waiting an hr.

Location: 625 North Grand Avenue, Santa Ana, California 92701, United States

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Orange County Register Reviews