Orange County Harley Davidson - THANK GOD FOR OCHD
I owe Orange County Harley-Davidson’s service department a HUGE DEBT OF GRATITUDE!I was preparing to acquire a used Fat Boy with 47,000 miles on it from a seller in Arizona and before finalizing the deal, requested a safety inspection (which they offer for a mere $110.).
I was lead to believe this Harley was valued at $8K, in perfect running condition, had been recently serviced and was good to go. It was not. This motorcycle had more maintenance issues than all the celebs in Hollywood combined and was unsafe to ride. With over $3K in essential repairs and the probably more once the engine had been opened up (they heard a noise in the cam) I quickly learned that this alleged $8,000.00 Harley actually had a street value of $2K.
It had multiple oil and blown forks and broken cables, the rear tire was on backwards…a four page list of problems resulting from the complete lack of care and proper maintenance. I guess that’s why it was delivered to me on a trailer instead of ridden to me. Thank God I hadn’t signed the Bill of Sale. When I rejected the purchase after receiving OCHD’s very detailed inspection results and estimate of repair, the seller became belligerent and threatening which I suppose is to be expected when dealing with a predatory seller.
DON’T GET SCAMMED!! If you intend to buy a used Harley Davidson motorcycle, let the OCHD service crew inspect it first. Look, finding a good, honest and thorough mechanic is like finding gold nuggets…they are few and far between. The seller of the used motorcycle tried to argue that OC Harley was merely trying to sell me a motorcycle from their inventory but I received no sales pressure…in fact the manager himself apologized to me for the great disappointment I was feeling and didn’t try to show me a single bike they had for sale.
Prior to coming here, the service department at OCHD was recommended by a good friend who is in a Harley club. Every member of his club (from 3 counties) relies on OCHD for their maintenance, repairs and upgrades. When you walk in they make you feel like a valued customer and this friendly atmosphere made my bad situation so much easier.
I cannot thank these people enough…go visit them and see for yourself.Their service crew sets the bar so high that other motorcycle mechanics need to charter a plane just to see it.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Good customer service
- Product or service
- Safety Inspection
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Had a pick-up truck's windshield repaired by them only to find out they use an answering service for calls, no manager/supervisor, no complaint department, and their techs SUCK!!! They left goo..."
- "Direct Buy Warranty is a scam. I am confused how this company has been able to rip people off for so long and get away with it, is New Jersey..."
- "I had 4 new tires installed on my Acura MDX Sport at Tire Kingdom in Lake Park, FL. My vehicle is only 2 years old and has a special..."
- "There are a torrent of consumer complaints on the internet about this company. RECALL BELOWIf you may file a complaint with the Consumer Complaint Agencies below:http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfmhttps://app.dca.ca.gov/bar/complaints.asphttp://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htm http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx Make : BESTOPModel..."
- "On June 27th 2013 my credit card was billed $114.65 and as of 2/17/14 I've not received the product for which I was charged. Moreover, the company will not..."
- "Horrible customer service! The lady on the phone wouldn't stop interrupting me and if I kept talking while she interrupted me she would speak louder than me. We talked about..."
- "This is the worst place to go!!!! Employees are idiots or something!!! After making wait more than 5 minutes to take my order I ask for the mint chocolate swirl..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."
- "We took our 2016 Jayco Travel Trailer to Camping World Albuquerque. Our furnace quit on us (Cold). They fixed the furnace stating that it was from the MFG not crimping..."