Orange County Harley Davidson - THANK GOD FOR OCHD
I owe Orange County Harley-Davidson’s service department a HUGE DEBT OF GRATITUDE!I was preparing to acquire a used Fat Boy with 47,000 miles on it from a seller in Arizona and before finalizing the deal, requested a safety inspection (which they offer for a mere $110.).
I was lead to believe this Harley was valued at $8K, in perfect running condition, had been recently serviced and was good to go. It was not. This motorcycle had more maintenance issues than all the celebs in Hollywood combined and was unsafe to ride. With over $3K in essential repairs and the probably more once the engine had been opened up (they heard a noise in the cam) I quickly learned that this alleged $8,000.00 Harley actually had a street value of $2K.
It had multiple oil and blown forks and broken cables, the rear tire was on backwards…a four page list of problems resulting from the complete lack of care and proper maintenance. I guess that’s why it was delivered to me on a trailer instead of ridden to me. Thank God I hadn’t signed the Bill of Sale. When I rejected the purchase after receiving OCHD’s very detailed inspection results and estimate of repair, the seller became belligerent and threatening which I suppose is to be expected when dealing with a predatory seller.
DON’T GET SCAMMED!! If you intend to buy a used Harley Davidson motorcycle, let the OCHD service crew inspect it first. Look, finding a good, honest and thorough mechanic is like finding gold nuggets…they are few and far between. The seller of the used motorcycle tried to argue that OC Harley was merely trying to sell me a motorcycle from their inventory but I received no sales pressure…in fact the manager himself apologized to me for the great disappointment I was feeling and didn’t try to show me a single bike they had for sale.
Prior to coming here, the service department at OCHD was recommended by a good friend who is in a Harley club. Every member of his club (from 3 counties) relies on OCHD for their maintenance, repairs and upgrades. When you walk in they make you feel like a valued customer and this friendly atmosphere made my bad situation so much easier.
I cannot thank these people enough…go visit them and see for yourself.Their service crew sets the bar so high that other motorcycle mechanics need to charter a plane just to see it.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Good customer service
- Product or service
- Safety Inspection
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I hired another contractor to fix my tenant's air conditioner out in Azusa, California and when he fixed it, he did Not Fix It Properly and caused additional damage in..."
- "Upon my retirement I Bought a 2006 Lexus GX 470 loaded New, thinking that such a so called Luxury Vehicle would last my wife after my demise, I did this..."
- "I came into this place a month ago & has been a nightmare ever since. It's been almost 5 weeks later and I still don't have my car due to..."
- "They are horrible. I just got a coat. was supposed to be Medium, but is size XXXS or "zero." Won't fit anyone over the age of 10. I am out..."
- "We bought a home from Shea Homes in Union County NC, we are very disappointed with the quality of the workmanship and the lock of response from the Shea Homes..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida. I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section..."
- "THIS Company is advertised with 4 Wheel parts, you know quality and service is substandard, as the RECALL DEPICTS.COMPLAINT AGENCIEShttp://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfmhttps://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ https://app.dca.ca.gov/bar/complaints.asp http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htm http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx Make : TRUXXX Model : 108035 Build..."
- "I made an online purchase for two items last week. One of the items, a serving tray from Mariposa, arrived this week. The other item was not included within this..."
- " Eaton has associated itself with the Substandard Swap Meet company that is 4 Wheel Parts, d.b.a. Transamerican Auto Parts that retains well over a dozen State Violations. Consumer Complaint Agencieshttp://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfmhttps://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/https://app.dca.ca.gov/bar/complaints.asp..."