Orange County Harley Davidson - THANK GOD FOR OCHD

1 of 2 Orange County Harley Davidson reviews

I owe Orange County Harley-Davidson’s service department a HUGE DEBT OF GRATITUDE!I was preparing to acquire a used Fat Boy with 47,000 miles on it from a seller in Arizona and before finalizing the deal, requested a safety inspection (which they offer for a mere $110.).

I was lead to believe this Harley was valued at $8K, in perfect running condition, had been recently serviced and was good to go. It was not. This motorcycle had more maintenance issues than all the celebs in Hollywood combined and was unsafe to ride. With over $3K in essential repairs and the probably more once the engine had been opened up (they heard a noise in the cam) I quickly learned that this alleged $8,000.00 Harley actually had a street value of $2K.

It had multiple oil and blown forks and broken cables, the rear tire was on backwards…a four page list of problems resulting from the complete lack of care and proper maintenance. I guess that’s why it was delivered to me on a trailer instead of ridden to me. Thank God I hadn’t signed the Bill of Sale. When I rejected the purchase after receiving OCHD’s very detailed inspection results and estimate of repair, the seller became belligerent and threatening which I suppose is to be expected when dealing with a predatory seller.

DON’T GET SCAMMED!! If you intend to buy a used Harley Davidson motorcycle, let the OCHD service crew inspect it first. Look, finding a good, honest and thorough mechanic is like finding gold nuggets…they are few and far between. The seller of the used motorcycle tried to argue that OC Harley was merely trying to sell me a motorcycle from their inventory but I received no sales pressure…in fact the manager himself apologized to me for the great disappointment I was feeling and didn’t try to show me a single bike they had for sale.

Prior to coming here, the service department at OCHD was recommended by a good friend who is in a Harley club. Every member of his club (from 3 counties) relies on OCHD for their maintenance, repairs and upgrades. When you walk in they make you feel like a valued customer and this friendly atmosphere made my bad situation so much easier.

I cannot thank these people enough…go visit them and see for yourself.Their service crew sets the bar so high that other motorcycle mechanics need to charter a plane just to see it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Safety Inspection
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #956791 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Orange County Harley Davidson? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 2 Orange County Harley Davidson reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.