Orange And Rockland Utilities - Local Utility abusing Landowners !
We have 6.5 wooded acres, that has a R.O.W., Right of Way, from our local electric company (Orange & Rockland Utilities) over our property!There are three big electric towers on it!
There is an access entrance to the road that they use to get to the towers. They com any time they want 7am to sunset! With chainsaws , trucks, chipping machines, etc. Wake us up, shouting men , cutting, chipping our trees that we could have used to heat our home!
I raise honey bees. They sprayed a DEADLY POISONOUS HERBICIDE ON OUR LAND (Accord Concentrate by Dow Agro Sciences ). It killed all of my bees. I had to burn the hives due to contamination!
We can not use or enjoy our land. They cut the trees back , closer to our home every year. Soon there will be no more trees! They BUZZ our home with helicopters.
The crew chief bragged its mainly for joy rides to impress local politicians (giving them free rides) ! They are slick, they keep changing tree cutting sub-contractors who don't care how far they cut or how much they cut our trees, then shred them. Never asking if want my wood for my wood stove!
THEY RECENTLY PUT ON MASSIVE CABLES (345 kV) TO GET MORE POWER, but I was told none of it stays local.
We get nothing. Not a penny ! Even though it cost millions to install.The costs passed on to peoples electric bills. They just asked for an increase of 33.4 million dollars in electricity revenue.
See article in "The Chronicle" www.chroniclenewspaper.com for story. I just got a letter from a Neil Winter , Section Manager- Public Affairs, Orange & Rockland Util., stating that a second 345 kV feeder line will be added to the towers! More radiation for local families! (us)!
We still get nothing but agrivation, loss of use of our land, land depreciation values, loss of our trees, poisoned environment, and not one cent for our grief!
Karma is going to deal with them!I can't wait!!!!!!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- abuse of our land
- Preferred solution:
- Pay us for land use, no poisonous herbicides, cut tree supervision by land owner, meet with land owner before cutting trees down, keep my wood for heat, etc...
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Electric Towers
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "In Filter Mode the spa does not pull water through the filter. Virtually no suction. For past three weeks I have sent photos and mpegs to the Dimension One service..."
- "I'm a very longtime (near 10 years) user of ZeroWater, and have almost always been happy about the water quality, but unhappy about the pitcher design and customer service. Original..."
- "I received an offer in the mail 8 months ago approximately early October 2014 stating that I would receive 25,000 Aeroplan miles for renting a water heater from Direct Energy,..."
- "Looking for teaching jobs in Vietnam? Don't go to Thai Binh Duong or Thái Bình Dương center. They stand for broken promises, take money from teachers without telling, lying about..."
- "This clinic removes all of the many negative comments almost immediately from its Instagram page..... but sometimes you catch one before it disappears! Nadia's comment has already vanished! Check for..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "Your recent commercial with the dead chicken cacasses as string puppets entertaining children is disgusting. These were once living animals and a poor example for children. If animals are..."
- "I just ordered a dvd from CCNow a division of Snorrason ehf. Last of the Dogmen dvd, $10.00 plus $3.95 shipping. I have checked my balance and they have taken..."
- "Hey Oreo,I'm contacting you to tell you of a problem that has been happening for a while now. Your packaging of my Oreo cookies makes it hard for me to..."