Orange And Rockland Utilities - Local Utility abusing Landowners !
We have 6.5 wooded acres, that has a R.O.W., Right of Way, from our local electric company (Orange & Rockland Utilities) over our property!There are three big electric towers on it!
There is an access entrance to the road that they use to get to the towers. They com any time they want 7am to sunset! With chainsaws , trucks, chipping machines, etc. Wake us up, shouting men , cutting, chipping our trees that we could have used to heat our home!
I raise honey bees. They sprayed a DEADLY POISONOUS HERBICIDE ON OUR LAND (Accord Concentrate by Dow Agro Sciences ). It killed all of my bees. I had to burn the hives due to contamination!
We can not use or enjoy our land. They cut the trees back , closer to our home every year. Soon there will be no more trees! They BUZZ our home with helicopters.
The crew chief bragged its mainly for joy rides to impress local politicians (giving them free rides) ! They are slick, they keep changing tree cutting sub-contractors who don't care how far they cut or how much they cut our trees, then shred them. Never asking if want my wood for my wood stove!
THEY RECENTLY PUT ON MASSIVE CABLES (345 kV) TO GET MORE POWER, but I was told none of it stays local.
We get nothing. Not a penny ! Even though it cost millions to install.The costs passed on to peoples electric bills. They just asked for an increase of 33.4 million dollars in electricity revenue.
See article in "The Chronicle" www.chroniclenewspaper.com for story. I just got a letter from a Neil Winter , Section Manager- Public Affairs, Orange & Rockland Util., stating that a second 345 kV feeder line will be added to the towers! More radiation for local families! (us)!
We still get nothing but agrivation, loss of use of our land, land depreciation values, loss of our trees, poisoned environment, and not one cent for our grief!
Karma is going to deal with them!I can't wait!!!!!!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- abuse of our land
- Preferred solution:
- Pay us for land use, no poisonous herbicides, cut tree supervision by land owner, meet with land owner before cutting trees down, keep my wood for heat, etc...
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Electric Towers
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My girlfriend moved in and was having issues with allergies. Knowing my ducts were very dirty, we called Sears to clean our ducts. They came out, I was present when..."
- "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqeSXcXm3ug This is my personnal experience with the Bully Jeff Harmond.. The owner of Missouri Wind and solar is verry VINDICATIVE against anyone that dont buy his product.. Even people that..."
- "I have purchased a unit Missouri Wind and Solar. I put this in my system as directed by Missouri Wind and Solar. It worked for over 6 months,..."
- "I would be interested if you really do put up a site but would still stay with SS, I have been with SS for 5 0r 6 years too and..."
- "Hey Oreo,I'm contacting you to tell you of a problem that has been happening for a while now. Your packaging of my Oreo cookies makes it hard for me to..."
- "I just ordered a dvd from CCNow a division of Snorrason ehf. Last of the Dogmen dvd, $10.00 plus $3.95 shipping. I have checked my balance and they have taken..."
- "Update... About 4 hours after I sent an email expressing my disgust to the company AND after leaving this posting, I received a call from the vendor (Sam - Samantha)..."
- "Having read the various comments below and realising that my experience is typical not unusual, I wonder why this company hasn't been sanctioned or actioned against. Perhaps a class action..."
- "I purchased a San Lucas sofa bed made by Ashley Furniture purchased thru Coleman's furniture online spent about $1200 including an extended warranty we have the same problem with the..."