Orange And Rockland Utilities - Local Utility abusing Landowners !

1 of 1 Orange And Rockland Utilities reviews

We have 6.5 wooded acres, that has a R.O.W., Right of Way, from our local electric company (Orange & Rockland Utilities) over our property!There are three big electric towers on it!

There is an access entrance to the road that they use to get to the towers. They com any time they want 7am to sunset! With chainsaws , trucks, chipping machines, etc. Wake us up, shouting men , cutting, chipping our trees that we could have used to heat our home!

I raise honey bees. They sprayed a DEADLY POISONOUS HERBICIDE ON OUR LAND (Accord Concentrate by Dow Agro Sciences ). It killed all of my bees. I had to burn the hives due to contamination!

We can not use or enjoy our land. They cut the trees back , closer to our home every year. Soon there will be no more trees! They BUZZ our home with helicopters.

The crew chief bragged its mainly for joy rides to impress local politicians (giving them free rides) ! They are slick, they keep changing tree cutting sub-contractors who don't care how far they cut or how much they cut our trees, then shred them. Never asking if want my wood for my wood stove!

THEY RECENTLY PUT ON MASSIVE CABLES (345 kV) TO GET MORE POWER, but I was told none of it stays local.

We get nothing. Not a penny ! Even though it cost millions to install.The costs passed on to peoples electric bills. They just asked for an increase of 33.4 million dollars in electricity revenue.

See article in "The Chronicle" www.chroniclenewspaper.com for story. I just got a letter from a Neil Winter , Section Manager- Public Affairs, Orange & Rockland Util., stating that a second 345 kV feeder line will be added to the towers! More radiation for local families! (us)!

We still get nothing but agrivation, loss of use of our land, land depreciation values, loss of our trees, poisoned environment, and not one cent for our grief!

Karma is going to deal with them!I can't wait!!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
abuse of our land
Preferred solution:
Pay us for land use, no poisonous herbicides, cut tree supervision by land owner, meet with land owner before cutting trees down, keep my wood for heat, etc...
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Electric Towers
Review category
Utility
review #565017 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Orange And Rockland Utilities? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 1 No 1
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
1 of 1 Orange And Rockland Utilities reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
pissed landowner

Apr 30, 2015 #978630

So what is the answer to dealing with these people ? Talking is futile ! Politicians are worthless! Town officials (loose term - wrong term) don't care. Neighbors are numb .

0 0 Reply

Dec 05, 2014 #911306

If you would like to discuss this issue further, please contact Neil Winter at the telephone number in the letter that you have referenced in your post.

1 1 Reply

Jan 27 #1101723 Monroe, New York, United States

Talking gets you nowhere ! Half truths and lies is all they say. Big money makes big lies. Forever rip off for land abuse, not a penny for the land use or destruction of it. We pay the taxes and mortgages, they pay zero ! Curse the people who got the ROW (Right of Way) put on peoples lands! Just like the Kings of England who screwed the people out of their crops and hard earned money. Karma, karma, karma !

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.