Overland Park, Kansas
1.5K views 13 comments

WHAT A JOKE.I COUNTED ON THIS FOR AT LEAST A MONTH.

I WAS TOLD THAT MY NAME HAD BEEN ASSIGNED AND THEN ACCEPTED FOR THIS GRANT. THEN I WAS TOLD THAT A DENTIST COULD NOT BE FOUND WITHIN 45 MINS. OF WHERE I LIVE. THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF DENTISTS THAT ARE THAT CLOSE TO ME.

THEN I FIND OUT THAT I HAVE TO APPLY FOR A $2,500.00 LOAN FROM SOMEWHERE FIRST TO GET STARTED AND THEN YOU HAVE TO CALL THE PEOPLE WHERE THE GRANT IS HANDLED, AND THEY SAID THAT THEY ONLY COVER 25% OF THE COST OF YOUR DENTISTRY. THEN THEY TAKE ALL THE APPLICANTS NAMES IN A HAT AND PULL OUT ONE NAME PER YEAR AND THAT IS THE PERSON WHO GETS THE FULL GRANT. I WAS LED TO BELIEVE THAT I HAD QUALIFIED FOR A COSMETIC DENTISTRY GRANT FOR UP TO $20,000.00 IT WAS A LIE. I DESPERATELY NEEDED THIS GRANT BECAUSE OF BROKEN TEETH AND MY HEALTH IS BEING EFFECTED BY THE POISON LEAKING INTO MY SYSTEM FROM A FORMER ROOT CANAL THAT BROKE.

I HAVE NOT GONE OUT OF THE HOUSE SINCE IT HAPPENED.I AM HOUSEBOUND BECAUSE OF MY TEETH AND BECAUSE I WAS LIED TO BY THIS COSMETICDENTISTRYGRANT.ORG

Review about: Dental Grant.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Oral Aesthetic Advocacy Group?

Comments

Irvine, California, United States #1179697

thank you for posting this.I knew it had to be a scam.

Your post helped at least 1 person from not giving them more money.I'm sorry for what happened to you.

Smart-researcher-NYC1
New York, New York, United States #1173084

This is a real joke.I had a cosmetic dentistry grant, they selected a dentist for me around where I live 10 miles away while there are many good dentists around me in New York City !!!!

The dentist was a celebrity Doctor: my bill was $52,000 for 5 implant and periodontal treatment with 20% covered by the grant.I ran away, I did the implant for $13,500 and I was treated the gum disease for $2,000

Dont Be Stupid
Phoenix, Arizona, United States #776779

This is not really a scam unless you don't read the fine print or idiotic.People who haven't been been to the dentist in 20 years think that they are going to get free dental work.

What world do you live in? YOU will have to pay for your Basic work and they tell you that. If you haven't been to the dentist regularly, YOU will have alot of basic work that needs to be completed. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not scam, not the grants fault, or the doctors that you haven't taken care of your mouth and suddenly expect to get a $20,000 hand out. Why would the dentist need to lie to you about what you need? Hes going to get paid regardless because people will always need teeth. They want to help you, they give you options, its your job to research and find out the best options for you.

No ones complaining about the cost of cars, or TVs, yet you expect your rotting teeth to get fixed for free.

GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!

The grant program may not give you as much as you'd like, but they give you something, which would still help you save on getting the smile you desire either way.You go to unnecessary lengths to go to Walmart and save 10% so why not do the same for your teeth?

YOUR TEETH ARE A NECESSITY, NOT A LOTTERY

We know who you are
to Dont Be Stupid Brooklyn, New York, United States #944164

You are so transparent.You also posted this very same response on a Google answer page inquiring about this grant.

Remember? Alli? And Krystal, the same names you used. Do I need to post the links?

If this grant was 100% the real deal you wouldn't have to go around being wrong and strong.

It's reputation would speak for it's self.Damage control much?

to We know who you are #1173088

He's a scam dentist, trust me

lyndza
to We know who you are Skowhegan, Maine, United States #1262796

i saw that too.word for word..

must be the owner of this "program" organiztion.. he/she even copied n pasted.. wasnt even orginial..

give it up already..we see you

Dave
to Dont Be Stupid Irvine, California, United States #1179706

No one expected a "grant" for the full cost.Why not just call this what it is?

A small discount on overly inflated and usually unnecessary services?

Anyone considering this, please contact the California Dental Board and ask about them first http://www.dbc.ca.gov/

MCL
to Dont Be Stupid Anaheim, California, United States #1179731

I love how #9 on the conditions of getting a grant is you have to write them a THANK YOU LETTER!LOL So they force the people they rip-off to give them a positive review -- but unsurprisingly those reviews are only on their website.

I wonder if, "Thank you for ripping me off." would qualify?

From their terms and conditions:

" 9. If I am awarded a Grant, I will write a thank-you letter to the Organization that acknowledges the award. The Grant proceeds will not be awarded unless/until a thank-you letter is received." RED FLAG! RED FLAG!

RED FLAG!hahaha

sue

I talked to Paula V.today and all she said is that from month to month the grant changes, it could be 10% or 20% , or less of the total the dentist recommends.

I was interested in Lumineers for myself (800 to 1000 a tooth). Based on their 10% or 20% or less grant, I decided that it's no grant but more like a discount from the dentist. Be very careful. And they ask for a $50.00 credit card deposit to hold your appointment with that dentist.

What?

No way am I going to give the dentist my credit care for a free consultation.:zzz

sue

I understand your frustration, so please go ahead and type all you want in CAPS!What is annoying is people you have nothing better to do but to criticize someone for pointing out #1 a scam and #2 how upset you are over being taken by this scam.

:x Thank you for letting us know about this.